Playoffs Smogon Tour 21 Play-offs - Finals [Won by Ciele]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Masterclass (DPP, ORAS) VS Ciele (BW) - Interesting match-up. I feel as if either winner would be favored VS either opponent in a prospective finals, but that doesn't mean they'll win, especially knowing how tournaments have went as of late. Regardless, I feel like this will go 3 games - Ciele and Masterclass are both very competent in BW. I think Masterclass is objectively better (albeit, by a small margin) in BW, but Ciele will take it. My reasoning behind this is that Ciele often uses an aggressive, breaker heavy style often that can penetrate and break a more passive, bulky team that you would expect from Masterclass. This may sound incredibly cliché, but I feel like if Masterclass can (comfortably) change it up, then he can take this one, but ultimately these players are close and there are a lot of variables (what each brings, how each plays, who gets breaks in the game, etc.) so it's hard to say, but I'd slightly favor Ciele on the virtue that he tends to match up well with players like Masterclass given what I said before. In DPP, I think Masterclass is straight-up favored here on the virtue of experience and level of play/teambuilding in the tier. I feel like he is one of the better DPPers out there (probably the best one remaining) while Ciele is above average, but not quite on his level. Assuming these two split, ORAS will be quite close and the decider. I feel like they're pretty even here - Ciele probably has a better grasp on the tier by a slight margin, but I think Masterclass has access to solid builds and plenty of experience playing, so it's hard to say. Overall, I'd favor Masterclass on virtue of him being low-key very determined and coming off two straight wins against a stronger opponent last round (BKC) who many people thought would take it all after a dominant regular season. I don't think he will let something like being 6-0d by lead cune get in his head or hold him back. I also feel like Masterclass has a greater chance of taking BW than Ciele does DPP.

Cosine180 (ORAS) vs Soulwind (BW, DPP) - Honestly, Cosine has consistently shown that he is a good player. He can put in some effort and make playoffs almost every time and probably advance 1-2 rounds in. The issue is that I think he either has a ceiling or limits himself in terms of team selection and play style. I feel like Cosine is not quite good enough to win this match-up in two tiers that he doesn't have as much experience as his opponent in. If BW or DPP were a more level playing field (tbh, DPP might be quite close), then I could definitely see it happening, but I could not see it now. I feel like Cosine will take ORAS on virtue of him being more experienced, comfortable, and simply better at the tier - he's probably the best ORAS player remaining. Soulwind should take the other two, though. His BW game is on point, for sure, and he's shown consistent competency in DPP.

Lost to an impossible to win match up in BW, and I got completely bullshitted in DPP. whatever

I hit a focus blast, I win. I hit a fucking Psychic on turn 1, I still win because if the same end game situation happened my heatran sweeps. But this game is garbage. Im not usually a sore loser, but this was the most bullshit thing i've ever been part of

Fuck this garbage game and thank you to this series for reminding me exactly why Ive never won and never will win anything in this game. Luck is naturally given to some and frowns to others. Funny how that same ttar was the one that dodged two will-o-wisps vs malekith and proceeded to kill 8 pokemon

Now after I've calmed down I just wanna add something. Ciele deserves to win smogon tour i'm sure he put effort in preparing and hes reached as many play offs as i had. But I deserve it too. I put effort too, i dont deserve to go out like this wvery fucking time. Ive never been happier than losing the semi final game vs M Dragon because I said he played better I have to get better. But when i get this far and get bullshitted time and time again it gets fucking annoying what do i say? "Maybe ill try hard go as fat as the semis and Maybe just maybe ill get lucky next time". Fuck that. Good luck to everyone thats left. Sure if a trophy really does highlight the legacy of a player than I am not a great player and i dont deserve to be called one. Because I am never putting effort into this game again.

Thanks to shoka, soulwind, seeme, leftiez for their help throughout. Thanks to the cryos for the undying support. Sorry to those i disappointed. Thanks mounts for building my team for this series blame luck for not gettin to use it. Lets get it soulwind, win this shit

Sucks to see MC go out like that, but that's the game we play.

That said, I'm pretty impressed with Ciele's playoff run so far. Hasn't dropped a single game yet, only playing DPP and BW in each matchup. But then when you look at his regular season results, the vast majority of his points came from ORAS. Major props if you can win this Tour and add another individual trophy to your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)