WCop XI General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Not really.
Every team will face every other team once in old gens and once in ORAS.

There is an algorithm to make the groups, and I ordered the teams based on last year results. However that does not mean that team that ended #1 will have any advantage over the team that ended #16.

Last edited:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
[14:57:33] TheEnder: ok someone give me a cool offensive core
[15:09:58] Marshall.Law: mega heracross + gohitelle
[15:10:10] Stef (Kuush): isnt goth banned
[15:10:17] Lasse Schancke: only shadow tag bro
[15:10:19] Lasse Schancke: frisk goth
[15:10:21] Lasse Schancke: .scout
[15:10:35] Marshall.Law: OMG
[15:10:45] Marshall.Law: WHEN shadow tag get banned lol
[15:10:47] Axel "Isa" Wik: good oras starter marshall yn

We're gonna be just fine

Tele

a quality human being
Team Italy doesnt like the way pairings are done, as a team we think that streaming ALL the pairings like Isa did for ost would bring more transparency to the tournament.
There's no intent to discredit m dragon or whoever makes the pairings

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Team Italy doesnt like the way pairings are done, as a team we think that streaming ALL the pairings like Isa did for ost would bring more transparency to the tournament.
That would make sense if it was random, but it is not.
It follows an algorith so every team faces every other team once in old gens and once in ORAS, so it cannot be random.
The order is based on last year's results

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
That would make sense if it was random, but it is not.
It follows an algorith so every team faces every other team once in old gens and once in ORAS, so it cannot be random.
The order is based on last year's results
can confirm this. i have access to this year's pairings to prep for sheet and know that the pairings mdragon revealed is in the algorithm. MDrag can reveal pairings however he would like since it's his tournament, but if you want me to, you can PM me and I can confirm whether or not a revealed pairing is real/valid.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
They will just reveal some groups before r1, once it starts all groups will be revealed of course o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)