Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never noticed this before, but Magearna's core has the XY colors. It's odd, Magearna feels like a gen 6 Pokemon and Volcanion seems like it's a natural fit in Alola.
It may just be wishful thinking on all of our parts, but I'm having a sneaking susipicion that Gamefreak didn't abandon all the plot threads left hanging in X/Y and ORAS. Magearna's core has both XY and Sun/Moon colors (red vs. blue) and the same goes for Zygarde-100% too.

Additonally, Volcanion is an undersea volcano pokemon (at least I think so...) but it's a Gen 6 'mon while Magearna is Gen 7.

Sweet mother if old memes...Inb4 a poison type because everything in Australia has venom sacks somewhere.

Jokes aside I'm loving the "active" modes of the box legends, I hope this is a xerneas thing and not a meloetta thing.
...what if it's a 'Mega Rayquaza' thing? :o

Both really really cute. Nekkoala has a pretty interesting ability for a early normal type, finally something new; I'm really hoping for a giant wombat evo! Something cute and tank-ish. Iwanko is refreshing too, being pure rock instead of normal, and I'm really hoping its evos will be fast: there's an overall lack of fast rock types, and this little guy could be interesting in that regard. I'm glad they're continuing the XY path of early 'mons not being utterly impersonal. Glad that Magearna has new ability and signature move, but I'll wait for more details about 'em.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Additonally, Volcanion is an undersea volcano pokemon (at least I think so...) but it's a Gen 6 'mon while Magearna is Gen 7.
What suggests that it's an undersea volcano Pokémon? I don't think any of its lore mentions the ocean, so it's probably part Water solely because volcanoes actually spew out water vapor.

What suggests that it's an undersea volcano Pokémon? I don't think any of its lore mentions the ocean, so it's probably part Water solely because volcanoes actually spew out water vapor.
Don't Camerupt, Heatran and Entei cover the above ground volcano Pokemon? I mean, that's a pretty good theory.

I don't know if someone comented this already but Gf got another point on us because I remember a trailer of Magearna using a magic trick which pulled out real flowers from her arms...and we got revealed today its move is named Fleur cannon (Flower cannon) which it fires a beam from her arms. They throw hints and then they slap us with the reveals it's amazing.

The new pokemon look cute and interesting and then the starters and Iwanko have a secret to be revealed.

We have a lot of build up from gen 6 to gen 7.

Btw did anyone see the trainers have in the bracelets those gems that also appear in the japanese boxart of gen 7?

Last edited:
Lysandre needed the power of the legendaries to charge the Ultimate Weapon, which looked alot like a flower. To kill... everybody...

What if, Magearna "catches Pokémon" in its "Poké Ball" and uses them to charge its own Ultimate Weapon, the flower cannon on its arm, to kill... everybody?

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Lysandre needed the power of the legendaries to charge the Ultimate Weapon, which looked alot like a flower. To kill... everybody...

What if, Magearna "catches Pokémon" in its "Poké Ball" and uses them to charge its own Ultimate Weapon, the flower cannon on its arm, to kill... everybody?
Not a bad idea if it wasn't incredibly dark for a pokemon game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm not really an OI mod still, but CoroCoro is out and the OI mods are sleeping, so I'm gonna unlock this for the news. :)

New Pokémon: Iwanko (Rock-type dog with Vital Spirit / Keen Eye)
New Pokémon: Nekkoala (Normal-type koala with Definite Sleep)
New Ability: Definite Sleep (No status other than Sleep will affect this Pokémon)
New Ability: Heart Soul (Previously revealed as Magearna's "special ability" in the movie)
New Movie: Fleur Cannon (Learned by Magearna)

IWANKO IS CUTE AS HECK
Cheers man :) I thought about opening the thread last night before I went to bed but expected it a day later! Woke up to loads of people going "OMG COROCORO IS OUT!!!1111"... Please let's not forget CRoll and I are European, so we are usually asleep by the time America is getting into its evening. 3:45am; I am definitely asleep!

On the mons: Iwanko looks pretty cute, not Lillipup levels of cute, but still pretty nice. Amazing that it's Rock typed though! May we get a fast Rock type finally? I hope it turns into a Sphinx or something to that effect. Nekkoala looks interesting too, but I'm going to go out and say it might be fighting typed judging by the little bit of artwork that is next to it. Certainly interesting.

Fleur Cannon... flower cannon? Is this the "flower" thing they've been saying?
Lillymon <3 Flower Cannon is an awesome name for a move. I hope it's actually a Grass type move though too (It can get away with being Fairy I guess), and not a Steel typed...

Nekkoala is going to be a broken wall with that ability. Great design and ability. I really like that dog beats cat thing they have with Iwanko and Litten.
Depends on what its stats are like at the end of the day. If they are bad, it might see use in lower tiers... Guessing from its "early" reveal, they tend to be on the weaker side of mons. They tend to keep the stronger stuff for later on/to be discovered. Still, the ability does sound pretty ace, and it'll be especially useful during the usual poison using early bugs that can be generally annoying.

So, the starters and Iwanko are said to hide a "secret". Who wants to bet it's Synchro?
Let's really hope not... I hope it is just some sort of triumvirate where when you have all the starters you can access a hidden area...

Well, Nekkoala is nice in that it's a Pokemon of a species that was never seen before.

Now, Iwanko... to put it lightly, Solgaleo no longer has the worst design among all revealed Pokemon in this generation. Seriously GF, so many cool (Or rather, non-disgusting) species and yet, there is always some Pokemon based on a dog/fox/other similar animals in each gen...

I wonder what the English name will be for rock doge? Iwanko has 0 obvious English roots, but we can still apply the "bark"+"puppy"+"rock" logic that Game freak like so much. Ummm. I'm gonna put a hesitant dollar on Bowwowoulder. Because it is literally all my dumbass head can think of right now. Pebble... puppy... pebbly... pubble... stone... woof... rock... nope, nada.

I wonder what the English name will be for rock doge? Iwanko has 0 obvious English roots, but we can still apply the "bark"+"puppy"+"rock" logic that Game freak like so much. Ummm. I'm gonna put a hesitant dollar on Bowwowoulder. Because it is literally all my dumbass head can think of right now. Pebble... puppy... pebbly... pubble... stone... woof... rock... nope, nada.
Slabark? Quarruff? Cobbark? Bouldog?

Actually, that last one would be a cool name for an evolution. Even better: "Bouldog" sounds similar to "Bulldog", so perhaps it would be a good name for a Bull Dog evolution.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

Zygarde 10% starts off at only 125 HP at level 50 and then jumps all the way to 287 what the actual fuck is going on?
Assuming it's not invested in HP and has 31 IVs, that means a jump in stat from 50 to 212. Or assuming fully invested HP with 31 IVs, 18 to 180.

I'm actually willing to believe the 18 to 180 due to how, when we add in Zygade-50%'s HP, all three are divisible by 18...though 50%'s not 5x of 10%'s and instead 6x.

"A strong atmosphere/ aura can be felt!"
"Zygarde's team/ group forme change!"
Fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)