Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seeing the transformation blanked out in that footage worries me slightly. I'm willing to bet that it's transformations into the next form are going to be a slow start like ability where it transforms each turn until finally reaching the 100% form

180 HP is by far the most for a legendary. Only behind Blissey, Chansey, and Wobbuffet overall. Also, it would indicate a base HP increase of 72! Giratina, for reference has a base HP of 150.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
So there's been a lot of speculation on the base HP of Zygarde formes, based on my calculations using smogon's own damage calc (and adjusting the base HP to fiddle around):

10% forme has 125 max HP at level 50, so it has between 50 and 65 base HP depending on IVs (assuming no EV investment). If full (252 EVs) investment, it's between 18 and 34 base HP.

Complete forme has 287 max hp, so it has between 212 and 227 base HP. If full investment, it's between 180 and 196 base HP.

Personally, I think 10% forme will have 54 base HP, and complete forme will have 216 base HP. Why? Because 54*2=216/2=108, which is the base HP of 50% forme (the one currently released). This means the zygarde shown has 22 IVs and 0 EVs investment (and this checks out with what the calc gives!)

Slabark? Quarruff? Cobbark? Bouldog?

Actually, that last one would be a cool name for an evolution. Even better: "Bouldog" sounds similar to "Bulldog", so perhaps it would be a good name for a Bull Dog evolution.
But... we already has Snubbull and Granbull, though. I doubt they'd make another bulldog since it looks like a spitz or Akita.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Battling Zygarde 50% and 100% leaked from Chinese source.
Aired during Taiwan Nationals.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/yoko_clover/status/741595860543246336
https://twitter.com/yoko_clover/status/741594271078191104

View attachment 63675
Thousand Waves confirmed to be Zygardes's move.

View attachment 63676
Another move is called Core Judgement.

My native language is Chinese, so don't argue with me! lol!

Holy balls. I did not expect this to come out of the news today... This has thrown out even more questions though! :(

Is this the first time a pokemon changes Base Hp in mid-battle, right? It was made clear Megas do not change base Hp and Form change same I think they don't have a hp change up until now. The only pokemon with Hp change in different formes is Gourgeist with the diferent sizes and that is only with wild or breeding.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Is this the first time a pokemon changes Base Hp in mid-battle? It was made clear Megas do not change base Hp and formes I think they don't have a hp change. The only pokemon with Hp change in different formes is Gourgeist with the diferent sizes and that is only with wild or breeding.
Yes, because Mega evolutions do not have HP changes during mega evolution.

I'm excited by it in a way.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I don't think it's an ability.
I think it's a forme change.
Could they not be connected, like how Stance Change on aegislash is just an ability that triggers a forme change?

Zygarde 10% has 125HP at level 50, so its highest possible HP stat is 60.
Meanwhile perfect seems to have 282HP at level 50, which means the lowest possible HP stat is 175.

I for one accept our new broken overlord.
If it needs to be on low HP to transform, it makes sense that it would need a bigger HP stat to make up for it.

Our Loki overlord is broken, and that's fucking amazing. Now it can finally surpass Xerneas and Yveltal, just as it would need to in a given emergency.

Zygarde 10% has 125HP at level 50, so its highest possible HP stat is 60.
Meanwhile perfect seems to have 282HP at level 50, which means the lowest possible HP stat is 175.

I for one accept our new broken overlord.
Not necessarily! Zydog changed form to Zymecha only when it's health was in a pinch, if the trainer has to jump through hoops to get the forme change active, like with meloetta, Zygarde could end up being useless...

Japanese Pokemon YT channel just released those 2 videos we saw from Taiwan Pokemon championship with Zygarde 1 hour ago.

Now we can see more clear how they look, and Perfect Zygarde's cry.

The Z Ray has super effective sounds on Garchomp it might be a Dragon type attack.

It looks the form change is an ability because the blue HUB when abilities activate is there as Z 10% animation to Z 100% happens.

The second video starts with Garchomp damaged, could it mean Zygarde 10% is faster than base 102 base speed and I think Perfect Form has more than 102 Base speed too.

Last edited:
Not necessarily! Zydog changed form to Zymecha only when it's health was in a pinch, if the trainer has to jump through hoops to get the forme change active, like with meloetta, Zygarde could end up being useless...
Or another theory - it changed forme when it took super effective damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)