Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Concerning leaks, we have rules. And those rules say not to trust leaks unless verified by a reliable source. Keeping with that spirit, I've deleted the latest posts discussing them. Cresselia~~, if you have any strong reason to believe those are legit, feel free to send them to me or DHR, and we may un-delete it all. But unless we get some verification, we'll try to keep leaks out of this thread.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wake up to find videos about Zygarde and its crazy news Formes. Nice surprise.

So what are we getting at E3, then? iirc 2013's E3 had different info than CoroCoro.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
A base 212 HP superfightingrobot that has a strong ground-type STAB that will also hit Ho-Oh. Gen 7 Ubers is gonna be fun.

Also, the 50% (the XY Zygarde) getting skipped over worries me. I liked that thing's design at least :(

Damn, as I'm typing up my comment about the new video, I got ninja'd twice. Oh well. Anyways...

The English name of Zygarde's new signature Z-laser move is confirmed to be Core Enforcer. Personally, I think Core Punisher sounds cooler, but either way it's still interesting. No word on what the English name of Zygarde 10% Forme's new ability is, though, (it's not even on the official site yet.)

Also, assuming that Core Enforcer is the singature move of Complete Forme Zygarde, (seeing as the laser comes from the head in its chest, which 10% Zygarde does not have,) which is an in-battle tranformation, how will that work? Is it going to forget one of its moves as it transforms, or will it be able to use 5 moves?

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wake up to find videos about Zygarde and its crazy news Formes. Nice surprise.

So what are we getting at E3, then? iirc 2013's E3 had different info than CoroCoro.
The only thing we know about Pokemon Sun and Moon's E3 stuff is that Treehouse is going to be streaming gameplay live (though we're unsure if its before or after the Zelda U/NX stream, there's been some confusion over that). Since its an actual livestream of gameplay, we might be getting reveals of a different nature than E3 2013, which just dropped a trailer confirming Fairy types.

Damn, as I'm typing up my comment about the new video, I got ninja'd twice. Oh well. Anyways...

The English name of Zygarde's new signature Z-laser move is confirmed to be Core Enforcer. Personally, I think Core Punisher sounds cooler, but either way it's still interesting. No word on what the English name of Zygarde 10% Forme's new ability is, though, (it's not even on the official site yet.)

Also, assuming that Core Enforcer is the singature move of Complete Forme Zygarde, (seeing as the laser comes from the head in its chest, which 10% Zygarde does not have,) which is an in-battle tranformation, how will that work? Is it going to forget one of its moves as it transforms, or will it be able to use 5 moves?
Im not sure about how Core Enforcer will work in that aspect but If I had to use a precedent to the problems that it brings I would compare it to Sucker Punch, or Hoopa's Hyper Space Fury/Hole when used by Smeargle

What I mean is a move that only works when certain conditions are met, in this case it could learn the move Core enforcer but only would it be able to use it in Complete form.

The only thing we know about Pokemon Sun and Moon's E3 stuff is that Treehouse is going to be streaming gameplay live (though we're unsure if its before or after the Zelda U/NX stream, there's been some confusion over that). Since its an actual livestream of gameplay, we might be getting reveals of a different nature than E3 2013, which just dropped a trailer confirming Fairy types.
From the nintendo e3 website:

"Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see the Pokémon™ Sun and Pokémon Moon games in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda™ game."

So there you go, Sun and Moon first.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From the nintendo e3 website:

"Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see the Pokémon™ Sun and Pokémon Moon games in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda™ game."

So there you go, Sun and Moon first.
Yeah I know about that, but there was recently a press release that suggested the opposite. However, I can't seem to find it, so maybe it was a mistake lol. (Though honestly yall should watch both games :P).

The new Pokemon are so cute! I'm really impressed by the rock dog (I forgot its name and I feel really bad.) and it will definitely be on my team.

I also love how Core Enforcer creates a Z on the ground, nice touch.

Oh shoot, I almost forgot to mention something interesting about how Zygarde operates. Credits to KillerKev666 on reddit for pointing this out, as I did not notice this myself.

In the trailer revealed at the Taiwanese nationals, Zygarde 10% Forme takes 102 damage from Garchomp's Dragon Claw, leaving it with 23/125 HP. It then immediately transforms into Complete Forme, and after that point it has 185/287 HP, meaning it is still 102 HP from being full. Similarly, in the Japanese trailer, it takes 120 damage from Garchomp's Dragon Claw, and it is shown after transforming to be missing 120 HP. This means that when Zygarde transforms, it keeps whatever damage it has taken in its previous forme after transformation.

I suppose this explains Zygarde Complete Forme's grotesquely huge HP stat, though with Wish/Healing Wish support, this thing is going to be terrifying.

The 10%->100% forme change is worrying. I'm scared they'll be so frightened of making it OP they'll make it 100% useless, like they did with Regigigas (who can't learn Rest), Meloetta-P (who can't retain the Pirouette forme even after switching) or Darmanitan-Z (who trades his attack stats for... some reason).
I can fully picture 10% forme having shite stats and being forced to carry an item to forme change, which will effectively kills its use everywhere bar in-game.
Then again, GF did think M-Rayquaza with its ability to hold an item, ability that removes all drawbacks from a type while leaving the good bits, 180 base offenses with a boosting move and access to several 100+BP attacks was A-Okay, so who knows.

I can fully picture 10% forme having shite stats and being forced to carry an item to forme change, which will effectively kills its use everywhere bar in-game.
It has been confirmed that 10% forme changes into 100% forme by virtue of its ability, not a hold item, so feel free to slap a Focus Sash on it.

I wonder if Zygarde 50 shows up if Zygarde 10 takes less damage. I don't think we should assume they are different Pokemon/we will have to catch another Pokemon.

Going off the battle animation, Core Enforcer looks like a SpA but that probably doesn't mean it is.

Reactions: JES
Mascot Alternate Phase:
Solgaleo and Lunala got a little bit of info with "alternate forms". As it's been pointed out, during their Signature Move's attacking animation their bodies change a bit. These "forms" apparently have names. Solgaleo enters into "Rising Phase" as it becomes like the sun, all its color ascent becoming yellow and shines brightly. Lunala enters into "Full Moon Phase" as it looks similar to the moon, its wings spread apart and glow white revealing its skeletal structure.
I'm not calling it an "Alternate Form" as I don't think it's a permanent change. I think it's more akin to Xerneas's Active and Neutral Mode. Likewise, I don't think it'll have any affect in-game, it's more for presentation and maybe storyline purposes I think.
I just wanna say, I told everybody that there was a clear forme change for lunala in that reveal trailer, multiple times, and nobody believed me, saying it was just the mon moving around. Sooooo eat it guys.

I just wanna say, I told everybody that there was a clear forme change for lunala in that reveal trailer, multiple times, and nobody believed me, saying it was just the mon moving around. Sooooo eat it guys.
Well they look PHYSICALLY different, but it's just for the purpose of the move animation, AKA a flavor change. It's not a forme with an e change though because that requires some change to its stats/ability/typing.

I still don't think it will be an actual forme change. More something along the line of Black/White Kyurem's overdrive mode, where the tail gets active and some wires extrude from it.

This is some news to wake up to after crashing completely, damn.

If the existing trend of displaying all Pokemon with 0 HP IVs and no investment is holding steady (not the most solid evidence, but the one old Pokemon we've seen has had this), Zygarde 10% seems to have Base 65 HP and Zygarde compete has... 227 base HP, holy fuck! Honestly what's probably most remarkable with this is that I think this is the first Gamefreak's ever played with adjusting HP in battle outside of leveling up.

It has been confirmed that 10% forme changes into 100% forme by virtue of its ability, not a hold item, so feel free to slap a Focus Sash on it.
Yeah, but everyone worth their salt knows exactly what's going to happen when going against a 10% Zygarde. Either they make sure their HP is broken in (with the omnipresent SR, Toxic, Will-o-wisp or Fake out in doubles), then they KO it OR they stall it out in its 10% forme (since that video with Metagross showed it really doesn't have much of an offensive presence).
Hopefully 10% has a good speed tier, can activate its forme change at 50% so it can force it with broken Subs, because getting <25% health on a Pokémon with paltry stats when everyone knows what's going to happen when it gets there isn't so evident as simply slapping a Focus Sash on it unless you're in a situation where there are no hazards on your field and you can predict a powerful attack to switch in to.

Reactions: JES

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is some news to wake up to after crashing completely, damn.

If the existing trend of displaying all Pokemon with 0 HP IVs and no investment is holding steady (not the most solid evidence, but the one old Pokemon we've seen has had this), Zygarde 10% seems to have Base 65 HP and Zygarde compete has... 227 base HP, holy fuck! Honestly what's probably most remarkable with this is that I think this is the first Gamefreak's ever played with adjusting HP in battle outside of leveling up.
Do you know if they usually do 0 IVs with no EV investment for other stats too? It'd be useful info for getting a more informed estimate on Zygarde 10%'s Attack and Defense

Do you know if they usually do 0 IVs with no EV investment for other stats too? It'd be useful info for getting a more informed estimate on Zygarde 10%'s Attack and Defense
We haven't seen any raw stats yet to know, but I think its a safe assumption. If you're not comfortable with it, you can just increase your HP range to account for 31 IVs (which makes a difference of 15 points max at level 50).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)