Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So... I was SR'ing Cobalion and I got one with Jolly nature and the IVs 31/31/31/5/31/31 (even caught it in a Net Ball). Now obviously that's a keep (which I did). But here's the thing: I wanted to give it away a lot and make it free-distributional. But before I can do that, I'm wondering if anyone has a similar Cobalion, and if they're OK with me doing that. Making a Cobalion like that free-distributional would pretty much remove any and all trade value that it had.
A quick look through the trade threads on the first page and a consultation of Thomaz's sheet reveals that Albus has a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly one in his thread and Chesty has a 31/31/24-25/20-21/28-29/31 Jolly one, so you might want to check with them. Other than those I didn't find any Jolly Pentagon Cobalion in any other (recently active) trade threads, so you should be good to go!

Last edited:
keep or toss?
i got a sneasel shiny whit this ivs 31-31-31-31-31-21 egg move: pursuit, fake out, ice shard, icicle crash... if has a max evs speed it has the same 120 base spd, can't outspeed tornadus-t, mega-pidgeot, noivern and greninja.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
keep or toss?
i got a sneasel shiny whit this ivs 31-31-31-31-31-21 egg move: pursuit, fake out, ice shard, icicle crash... if has a max evs speed it has the same 120 base spd, can't outspeed tornadus-t, mega-pidgeot, noivern and greninja.
I'd say toss, with a speed like that, you always lose matchups against other Weavile/Sneasel.

keep or toss?
It's a free shiny, so I don't know why would toss it... But for a viable set, unless choice band all priority moves is a thing, it has no real use. Weavile's main use is to break some common walls, and without that speed, it struggles to do so. But still a good find!

How many Pokemon is a decent amount to start a trade thread with? I kind of want to set a goal for myself before I start one.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How many Pokemon is a decent amount to start a trade thread with? I kind of want to set a goal for myself before I start one.
There's no hard rule, and since quite a few people refuse to trade with people without a trade thread, one could be considered enough.
But... I would say it depends on what niche you're trying to fit in with your thread.

If you're doing breedable Pokémon, then you'll probably want around 10 or so. A lot of traders have a lot of Pokémon, so offering a few means you'll (hopefully) be able to have something for everyone (well, most people at least).

If you're doing legendary/event soft-resets; then one is plenty, so long as it can't be gotten in other threads. If you have a (verifiable) 5IV Extreme-Speed Linoone for example (you're lying) you'll likely get interest. If you have a nicknameable, Heal Ball Zapdos, you might pique a few intrigues. If you have a(nother) 5IV Master Ball Xerneas, then you might want 3 or 4 as they're relatively accessible by now.

So yeah; depends what you're trading and the uniqueness of what you offer. But yeah, there's no rules regarding this, and if you have one Pokémon no one's gonna object to you opening a thread (besides someone likely posting "feel free to participate in giveaways to get some free Pokémon to expand your collection".

Who should I make next for Team Rocket? I have an Arbok named Jesse, a Weezing named James, and I have a shiny Victreebel from gen V named James as well (I never expected to have a competitive Weezing). Also want to know who I should do if I make an entire team. My thoughts so far:

Meowth (nickname: That's Right (?))
Lickitung (need nickname if used)
Wobbuffet (need nickname, maybe his hilarious intro and exclaiming his name negates the need for a nickname; perhaps add an exclamation mark at the end of his name?)
Growlithe (nickname: Growlie (?) )

EDIT:

Magikarp? Name him after the salesman that James chased for a few seasons?
Trying to go for the more original/iconic members. Meowth and Wobbuffet are a must I think.

Is HP Electric useful on Manaphy? Reset a Calm version with it maybe a week ago, and tonight settled for this Timid version 31 / 19 / 31 / 30 / 27 / 31 (HP Electric). Not sure how useful the HP is with Energy Ball as a possibility but I've been gone a long time from competition.

Noting that I don't have or intend to have a trade thread so the 30/27 in Sp Atk/Sp Def don't bother me, just asking about the hidden power

Is HP Electric useful on Manaphy? Reset a Calm version with it maybe a week ago, and tonight settled for this Timid version 31 / 19 / 31 / 30 / 27 / 31 (HP Electric). Not sure how useful the HP is with Energy Ball as a possibility but I've been gone a long time from competition.

Noting that I don't have or intend to have a trade thread so the 30/27 in Sp Atk/Sp Def don't bother me, just asking about the hidden power
If Gyarados is a problem for your team it can be. That's all that comes to mind. What set are you planning to run? Tailglow+Hydro Pump/Surf+Ice Beam/Energy Ball?

Also, does anyone a black sludge that I could have? Battlespot only lets you use one of an item, I need two recovery items, and Black Sludge would be perfect for Arbok or Weezing. I have two leftovers, so it's fine for passerby.

For a non-offensive nature, no. Generally HP is used to patch up a specially offensive Pokemon's type coverage if they have a shallow movepool, but a defensive Manaphy will be doing very little damage with HP of any type.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Refresh Salamence is pretty useful considering you can use Salamence in UU, OU, and Ubers. Refresh Mence is most popular in Ubers though I think.
Follow Me Electabuzz/Magmar have a bit of a niche in Doubles, and Baton Pass Zapdos (iirc that's an XD Poke) could be nice.
There's also Baton Pass Solrock (not anymore much, but used to be back in the days) and Lunatone. Baton Pass Hypno is cool too.
Cheers guys, so :

Refresh Salamence
Follow Me Electabuzz / Magmar
Baton Pass Solrock / Lunatone / Hypno / Zapdos
Helping Hand Sableye

Will be next on my list then :) any more suggestions then please let me know cause I don't battle, so I really have no idea.

Anyone got a female Horsea in a fancy ball I could breed on? ^_^ Apricorn ball maybe?
I have one in a Dive Ball. Not competitively viable though so it's not the most useful breeding parent outside of the cool ball.

Also, does anyone have a female Whishmur in a Quick Ball with Scrappy? I have an Exploud with Scrappy but he's just in a Pokeball. IVs/Nature don't matter, I just need one for breeding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)