Finals Official Smogon Tournament XII - Finals [no winner]

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Congratulations njnp, to see a newer player break out and succeed in Smogon's largest ever tournament is pretty wild. Similarly to what I said for WQ last year, winning after a bracket recreation must be especially hard - you have time to "cool off" and might not feel as sharp. The fact that you followed in his footsteps and won anyway is incredibly impressive, keep it up and keep winning man.

Additionally, Nintendi I'm sure having to come back after the emotional letdown of being knocked out once was hard. But, realistically, you were 1 of 2 best players in a 1000+ person tournament. You have much to be proud of and with that same spirit can go on to achieve anything you wish in this game, nice run.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
As nearly everyone knows by now there has been a log of MattyBrollic being ghosted by njnp, BradSharp and Snowtop in his game one of the series vs WhiteQueen for OST back in february floating around.

While the log by itself was not enough evidence for a decision, it led to further investigation by the TD team. When confronted, some of the involved parties admitted to it, while others denied and got as far as providing screenshots that contradicted the text log, implying it was faked. With the screenshots, we looked further and found minor inconsistencies that showed that the text log was indeed altered in several places, though from the reactions we got from some of the involved users initially, we believed many elements were still true to what had happened. The users then refused to share any more screenshots that they could easily access and would instantly free them of all accusations, which obviously made us even more suspicious.

Further investigation then led us into finding irrefutable evidence that the ghosting did in fact happen, and actually, that it extended into games two and three of the series.

This means that MattyBrollic, njnp, BradSharp and Snowtop will be infracted and tournament banned for six months.

This does not mean anything regarding njnp's trophy and money prize, since we have no reason to believe he was ghosted in his own run.

Wow, now this is a riot.

Hey all. You should know we didn't ghost. I actually provided proof of this time and time again, and TDs only continued to ask for more, after I had been told that said evidence would help my case. They insisted on asking for a full log of our chat, which I didn't want to provide (namely on the basis of the fact that they kept asking for more and more)

Yeah, I'm SURE they would have gone this far if it were McM or somebody who didn't accumulate the hate that NJNP has. No witchhunt here.

I LITERALLY provided evidence that MattyBrollic had left the chat. Irrefutable evidence that ghosting CONTINUED in g2 and g3? Oh wow, I'd love to see this. Please, send it my way, TDs. Show me you aren't taking part in the good ol hate brigade.

Logs were falsified. I proved this in PMs with TDs, and then presented screnshot evidence that Matt had left chat.

But no, you're right. They have text logs. No. Those are definitely reliable- my bad bro. I forgot they had fucking encripted pastebins now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)