Finals Official Smogon Tournament XII - Finals [no winner]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Wow, now this is a riot.

Hey all. You should know we didn't ghost. I actually provided proof of this time and time again, and TDs only continued to ask for more, after I had been told that said evidence would help my case. They insisted on asking for a full log of our chat, which I didn't want to provide (namely on the basis of the fact that they kept asking for more and more)

Yeah, I'm SURE they would have gone this far if it were McM or somebody who didn't accumulate the hate that NJNP has. No witchhunt here.

I LITERALLY provided evidence that MattyBrollic had left the chat. Irrefutable evidence that ghosting CONTINUED in g2 and g3? Oh wow, I'd love to see this. Please, send it my way, TDs. Show me you aren't taking part in the good ol hate brigade.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm SURE they would have gone this far if it were McM or somebody who didn't accumulate the hate that NJNP has. No witchhunt here.
Just wanted to address this - to be honest, you're completely right. If he'd been even half as obnoxious as he was, maybe people wouldn't have been so inclined to dig deep for any sort of evidence against him. Also, perhaps if certain people in his friend group didn't brag about ghosting him during his run, then maybe people also wouldn't have been as inclined to find evidence (or fabricate evidence! who knows!). Jokingly or not, people should understand the implications of these claims, especially when they centre around a guy that is not held in high regard by a community that is willing to hop on him (think Style). The bottom line is, can you blame the community for disliking a dislikable dude? Of course not.

Hopefully some people can take something away from this. Not saying that everyone has to be Teal6, but just recognize that if you want to be obnoxious (which is fine, i mean, it's an online community, you can be whatever you want, even a girl!), there are going to be some consequences. I'm not implying that I'm some paragon of how to act on a Pokemon community either, but like, jeepers dude!

e: For the record, if I were on some vendetta to drag NJNP through the dirt, I'd fabricate logs about him being ghosted so he loses his trophy, rather than fabricating logs about him ghosting someone else in an earlier round. Maybe they were fabricated and it's some kind of reverse psychology, but who knows

e2: can someone tell ICT it's "too smart to get caught being ghosted" not "too smart to not get caught being ghosted". foreigners haha

Last edited:

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Wow, now this is a riot.

Hey all. You should know we didn't ghost. I actually provided proof of this time and time again, and TDs only continued to ask for more, after I had been told that said evidence would help my case. They insisted on asking for a full log of our chat, which I didn't want to provide (namely on the basis of the fact that they kept asking for more and more)

I LITERALLY provided evidence that MattyBrollic had left the chat. Irrefutable evidence that ghosting CONTINUED in g2 and g3? Oh wow, I'd love to see this. Please, send it my way, TDs. Show me you aren't taking part in the good ol hate brigade.
+bradsharp: Hey, you got me
+bradsharp: I do apologize
+bradsharp: Not that you need it
+bradsharp: More for myself
+bradsharp: Tried my best, and hey

Can't wait to be accused of forging this little log

EDIT: For the sake of transparency: BradSharp has admitted to forging the evidence he used to attempt to clear his name.

+bradsharp: Seems my photoshop did fool you until you found the logs yourself, no?

He has thus been given an additional six months to his infraction, for what it's worth. There are legitimate ways to contest an infraction, but this is obviously not one of them, and we will not tolerate it.

Yeah.... all that shit I said

Yeahup. They got us. What can I say? Had to try and help my frens.

GG, TD team, well played. Kudos for taking your job as seriously as you do.

Well, now that we're being honest- I'd like to just elaborate on the extent of the ghosting.
Logs actually were edited...which is weird, considering unedited logs would still have been incriminating. I guess the edits were to make it look more intentional than it actually was. Truth is, we just have a chat going and often hang out there. Matty told us he was going to play a minute before he actually did, whoever was on happened to watch. We talked about the game in our chat, Matty saw things we said- but he made all his own plays.

This wasn't planned, nor was it a common occurrence.

I'm not significant enough on this forum to care about my own rep here- but Matt's a good guy, and I know he has a bit of a home here. I hope nobody holds this against him too badly in the future.

To anybody doubting that this wasn't planned- if you really think anybody would ask me to ghost them against WhiteQueen, you clearly haven't battled me before. I would not be any help in that scenario.

Again, kudos and my apologies to the TD team, particularly Isa, Quite Quiet, and dekzeh. I know that I really gave you guys a hard time the last few days pushing and asking for evidence and playing pokemon lawyer- and I know that you're all volunteers here. You're good at what you do, and I'm glad to know the community takes this game so seriously.

welp so much for my smogon career, guess it's full time smash from here on out

+bradsharp: Hey, you got me
+bradsharp: I do apologize
+bradsharp: Not that you need it
+bradsharp: More for myself
+bradsharp: Tried my best, and hey

Can't wait to be accused of forging this little log
That seemed kinda personal between him and you . I know he called you out but you are the guys in charge and already did your job. Why with your power stoop so low and belittle someone ?

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
welp so much for my smogon career, guess it's full time smash from here on out
i host smash tournaments too. maybe youve heard of them

your kind is the absolute worst kind. you cheat, when busted you smear the organizers - the organizers that do this with no monetary gain whatsoever on the line - and even when we talk to you in what i would describe as a polite manner, you refuse to give up your charade, in fact only diving further into the pool. it's disgusting.

may you never rise to prominence in your endeavors and may the tournaments you attend be riddled with bad experiences.

i host smash tournaments too. maybe youve heard of them

your kind is the absolute worst kind. you cheat, when busted you smear the organizers - the organizers that do this with no monetary gain whatsoever on the line - and even when we talk to you in what i would describe as a polite manner, you refuse to give up your charade, in fact only diving further into the pool. it's disgusting.

may you never rise to prominence in your endeavors and may the tournaments you attend be riddled with bad experiences.
Hey that's mean its just a game you shouldn't bully them meanie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)