Finals Official Smogon Tournament XII - Finals [no winner]

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the TDs found out about this ghosting before this tour ended, njnp would have been DQ'd and therefore forfeited the tournament by default, so I don't understand why he gets to keep his trophy, I don't think the timing should matter as much, unless it's ancient stuff (around 2.5/3+ years), but this tour is very recent

in this specific case he didn't get any advantage out of his act, but as others pointed out, it's very easy to "help" someone else and gain a personal advantage from it, be it in form of scouting, or eliminating high caliber players by getting multiple chances to fight them

njnp may have participated in the ghosting with us but i fail to see why he should get the trophy taken away because of it.
He won the trophy in a legitimate way, with hard work and tons of prep, i know this because i helped him every week. He worked harder than anyone else for this trophy, without cheating.
yea everyone is aware that he won by himself. did you even read any of the posts on the last page?

Can we just take off trophies to cheaters and make people scared of getting naked of their fukin pixels to whom they spent years so they actually stop helping frens?
Also cheaters who got caught and still make jokes about this as GOAO did really piss me off, can they just stfu or gtfo? they have not to play anything anyway!

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That is not true. When someone is forum banned during a tournament, he is allowed to finish said tournament. In a similar way, NJNP got tourbanned for something that did not help him to earn the trophy. It would have been different if he eliminated WhiteQueen in the process, but he didn't. He just cheated for nothing, and is already punished for it.
It would had been different only if he won WhiteQueen? Really? Wasn't The Batgirl or something DQ'ed on all accounts just because he participated with 2 accounts which technically gave him an edge over everyone regardless if he make it far or not. I understand that this is slightly different because the ghostee was just told what to do, not the ghoster making the moves for him but its still ghosting isn't it and both should be punished equally in my opinion.

Edit: Realized that batgirl didn't even participate with 2 accounts, just 1 but it was his alt which apparently is against the forum rule. Why not just ban the alt and let his main continue playing? If a person can be banned from the forum but continue to play in tournaments, I don't see how this matter anyway.

Last edited:

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.
Batgirl wasn't dqd because he joined with two accounts it was because he made a new account and joined with that one despite the rules of smogon forbbiding 2 smogon accounts

I think the argument is that had it been apparent NJNP was ghosting before he was awarded the trophy he would have been tournament banned thus not allowed to participate further.

Though he may won the tournament legitimately he would not have been allowed to play up until the finals. As far as I'm concerned this is the only argument as to why he should be stripped of the trophy.

That being said it's a pretty big argument and I fail to see how any TD could justify allowing him to keep the trophy if this is considered.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
yea everyone is aware that he won by himself. did you even read any of the posts on the last page?
Yet people are still requesting taking away the trophy lol

Edit: I understand why people are requesting it but he got the trophy in a legitimate way, he is currently being punished for this ghosting accident...

Last edited:

Ricardo

Banned deucer.
lol, it's easy to point fingers at others.
I tried to help my friend because he was nervous and not in a good state of mind to play, damn, i am such an horrible person.
I am going to hell for cheating in a pokemon game.

I tried to help my friend because he was nervous and not in a good state of mind to play, damn, i am such an horrible person.
If this is so unimportant as a game was is your friend being nervous in the first place? And why are you cheating if this is so unimportant? There is no need to do such a thing because this is just a game. And if you are caught being an idiot cheater, don't insult other fair people, that's the very least you could do. Don't be mad at others because you've been caught doing bad things. You knew the rules, and you knew the consequences when you acted this way. Deal with it, now.

I think it's the fact your trying to uphold an argument despite the fact you have zero credibility in the matter. Finger pointing would imply there's no evidence, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)