UUPL IV Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
im really not afraid of trashtalk tbh (if you think i`ll get that because of my previous post or w/e). you took the better option. tournament culture evolved to counterstyling pretty much instead of building the most solid teams. I didnt have time to prepare and went into that game fully knowing people had already seen my teams. i just happened to pick the one you prepared the most for (like seriously tho ppl, i faced like 3 teams with randomly slapped rain dance mons and i used hail like once lol). foolish risk to take and this is how the game goes. gg and you dont have anything to be sorry about.

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
im really not afraid of trashtalk tbh (if you think i`ll get that because of my previous post or w/e). you took the better option. tournament culture evolved to counterstyling pretty much instead of building the most solid teams. I didnt have time to prepare and went into that game fully knowing people had already seen my teams. i just happened to pick the one you prepared the most for (like seriously tho ppl, i faced like 3 teams with randomly slapped rain dance mons and i used hail like once lol). foolish risk to take and this is how the game goes. gg and you dont have anything to be sorry about.
just use bibarel pass next time LOL

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
think i had it without that hp fire crit but oh well, gg

sucks to go out after such a good season but we definitely deserved to lose this week for the most part

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
after 4 years playing lol and having to deal with people that go on all chat spamming gg you're trash when they win lanes playing renekton i thought i had seen it all. then we have someone playing riolu assist spam that brags about it. far away from me thinking this is a skill game, exact reason i quit and dedicate about 15 mins every week to playing this game, but this exact post called my attention. dont ask me why, call it grudge for having lost stour to a dickhead that told me mid last game 'build your own teams next time' and that i found out, 4 years later, probably had my teams because another dickhead wanted a win in some random tour; but this specific episode just happened to draw my attention.

get real people. this game sucks. i was once called one of the best in the tier im starting on and i had no idea what the fuck i was doing. i still dont, you guys just build some really poor teams tbh. i made stour finals twice and i had no idea what the fuck i was doing in any of those tiers. and neither do any of you; perhaps even less than me (trust me, i watched many of the replays and i facepalmed 80% of these games). stop bragging about dumbing this game down even more than it already has been and try to get some fun out of something that was never meant to be played competitively. you want a good game you can actually brag about to your friends go play overwatch or whatever shit is hip and happening atm -- pokemon just wont cut it.

learn this from someone that has bitched far too much about hax, chance, luck, matchup and whatever else you decide to call it. and at the end of the day remember, white queen has a trophy, and if this isnt enough proof this game is absolute shit, then i dont know any other form of convincing you.
I know this was meant in a positive light, but didn't you just "brag about dumbing this game down" by stating the fact that you didn't know what you were doing in your past tournament achievements and belittling all of your opponents? How relevant even is that to your message?

Now, I don't speak for GULLY (although our ancestors are straight out of Africa, so perhaps there's that African connection) but do you really think GULLY trash talked because he was proud of himself for winning? People trash talk because sometimes it's fun and/or different to act out on an online community. As you mentioned, this game objectively sucks (and I agree!), so people like to spice it up w/ some antics. I'm not necessarily a fan of trash talk (a ton of people love to spectate trash talk/drama, btw), but I can recognize why it happens. Perhaps shit talk was nonexistent back in the "good old days", but I personally haven't heard of any online competitive gaming communities that force all of its members to act prim and proper all the time.

At the end of the day, people go on this site to have fun. Do people find WhiteQueen annoying? Of course. But if, as you said, your goal should be to "try to get some fun out of something that was never meant to be played competitively", I'm sure WhiteQueen is having more fun being WhiteQueen than just being some square dude. On top of that, there's a fair amount of people (often, myself included) that find him entertaining. Again, it's an online community that people go on as a hobby, you'd think you should be able to be selfish and have fun your own way when doing something for your own entertainment on your own free time.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know this was meant in a positive light, but didn't you just "brag about dumbing this game down" by stating the fact that you didn't know what you were doing in your past tournament achievements and belittling all of your opponents? How relevant even is that to your message?

Now, I don't speak for GULLY (although our ancestors are straight out of Africa, so perhaps there's that African connection) but do you really think GULLY trash talked because he was proud of himself for winning? People trash talk because sometimes it's fun and/or different to act out on an online community. As you mentioned, this game objectively sucks (and I agree!), so people like to spice it up w/ some antics. I'm not necessarily a fan of trash talk (a ton of people love to spectate trash talk/drama, btw), but I can recognize why it happens. Perhaps shit talk was nonexistent back in the "good old days", but I personally haven't heard of any online competitive gaming communities that force all of its members to act prim and proper all the time.

At the end of the day, people go on this site to have fun. Do people find WhiteQueen annoying? Of course. But if, as you said, your goal should be to "try to get some fun out of something that was never meant to be played competitively", I'm sure WhiteQueen is having more fun being WhiteQueen than just being some square dude. On top of that, there's a fair amount of people (often, myself included) that find him entertaining. Again, it's an online community that people go on as a hobby, you'd think you should be able to be selfish and have fun your own way when doing something for your own entertainment on your own free time.
1) words of a drunk man. i might not have phrased it well but i believe i got my point across. there is a difference between bragging about dumbing something down and admitting you took advantage of a dumbed down game. if anything, what i did only hurt my image. my belittling was an open potshot at some obnoxious posts i have seen over the course of 7 weeks.

2) theres banter, trash talk and good manners. when you employ something like that strategy and win you shut up take your win and move on with your life. being on the receiving end of that strategy is never fun. it is a completely legal strategy but when one player finds himself literally unable to play the game (like legit unable to even make a move), you can only assume said person isn't enjoying the game at all. its like watching your character die on league because you lagged out. heck, the game i played today felt anything but pleasant because i felt i never stood a chance from the beggining, even though with optimal play i could have probably found a way out (mostly "reading" the venu switch and working around the dugtrio later). now take someone spamming a move for 30 turns while you watch your team get turned to shreds without being able to even attempt to win. "back in the day" there was plenty of trash talk, plenty of banter, but people (for the most part at least), were able to acknowledge circumstances that prevent your opponent from having any type of fun and either apologize for that (mostly in the case of hax), or just pipe down about it (mostly bp / this team). this is what i called good manners and what was blatantly lacking in this scenario imo.

3) i'm not sure why you are white knighting WQ or how that relates to my post but since you decided to go there, i mentioned him specifically because i get highlighted on a monthly basis by a bored white queen taking potshots at me (and because i firmly believe he is a bad player, but that is beyond the scope). i really dont give a fuck but its not something i find particularly entertaining. its not edgy and cool, its that kid behind you in class that keeps shooting paper spitballs at you day after day. theres a thin line between a good joke and a bad one and white queen's posts that regard me have crossed said line and ran 3 marathons after. if your personal fun gets in the way of others in such a way, you should reevaluate what you are doing. far from me being the uptight cunt, i have done my fair share of trolling, but online or not, you have put it very well, this is a community, and some minimal respect is to be expected from its members.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I really like the whitequeen so obviously the queen can have fans.

Also I've never used NP Celebi before so not sure about that nickname...although it's cute so I appreciate a lot still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)