Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

Lavos

Banned deucer.
there was a great theory that the arya we saw in s06e07 was actually jaqen h'ghar which the show sadly did not go through with

basically it said that jaqen telling the waif to go kill arya was actually a test of the waif, who is real shit at being a faceless man since she takes obvious pleasure in hurting arya and has strong opinions that faceless men usually don't possess. and she's kinda bad at following orders to their intent. so jaqen disguises himself as arya (which we've seen him do before in season 5) and sees if the waif follows his orders to not make "arya" suffer - which she does the opposite of, stabbing fake arya in the belly and twisting the knife so she feels as much pain as possible while bleeding out.

this theory would also explain arya's attitude of cocky bullshit in episode 7, after episode 6 ends with her hiding in the dark with needle drawn, clearly ready to be attacked at any time. and why arya is right-handed in episode 7 but usually left-handed in the rest of the show.

but nope d&d went the simplest route possible and turned what would have been a great fight scene into "lol i was blind and fought in dark and won"

fuck the entire arya arc this season. i mean you can't just kill her off because she's been on her own training with a guild of assassins for 2 seasons...but her return to westeros better be fucking epic

also WaterBomb i did not feel like the jon snow revival was contrived at all. it was set up pretty obviously with melisandre coming to the wall, sure, but you can't call it fanservice - the books also drop some serious hints, and melisandre says she sees jon fighting at winterfell which is clearly gonna be next episode. the hound's revival looked contrived in the show - in the books it's hinted at VERY strongly - but i thought the whole peaceful community thing was actually done quite nicely, and ian mcshane killed his part as the fast and loose septon.

ladies and gentlemen, get hype for bastardbowl, the warmup preceding westeros' MAIN EVENT, CLEGANEBOWL (postponed indefinitely)

fuck tommen. hope he goes up in wildfyre

Episode 9 is always the GOAT. Glad to see the Queen of the North finally take action.

Jon for Lord of the Seven Kingdoms with his biological sister aunt, Danny, at his side.

If the R+L=J theory is true, Jon would be Daeny's nephew, not brother. Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daeny were children of the Mad King.
Yep, you're right. That family line confuses me.

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
alright that was probably the best episode of the entire show.

and the coolest part wasn't even the dragons, or the charge, or ramsay's skin getting torn off by his own hounds (get hype). it was the 2 minutes of jon almost getting asphyxiated by the corpses of his own men. i felt like i couldn't breathe. fucking astounding directing, from the same man who brought us hardhome.

pretty sure tormund ripped out lord umber's jugular seeing the stark banners replace the boltons at the end, after SO LONG, was incredibly satisfying.

now my season finale prediction: cersei blows up king's landing with wildfyre, and/or the night king brings down the wall.

and we better get an answer to the tower of joy

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
gotta agree with Lavos Spawn here
I couldn't breathe (haha) during the suffocation scene. I was sitting here like, 'oh dear lord of light, he can't die this way'

the entire episode was phenomenal

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rickon running was so painful to watch, the way they kept making you think he'd die, then you thought he might make it, then you thought he'd die again, then you're sure he'd make it, then he died, that was so nerve wracking.
Episode was very exemplary of what music can add to tv/film, it was such a tense episode all the way throughout because the music made you feel so nervous, even at the end I was scared that there would be a horrible twist where the hounds ended up staying loyal to ramsay and turned on sansa, I just wanted the credits to come up so I could relax

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Easily a top 5 episode in the entire series, challenging for the best (shout out battle of the blackwater/battle at the wall)

Absolutely brutal medieval battle, pure carnage in the gritty/realistic style we've come to know

Mereen paid off in a big way, greyjoy plot line worked well with playing off of the "badass warrior woman" vibe from yara

Greyworm with the ultra badass kill

Immensely satisfying ending to the big bad battle, predictable doesn't matter every bit of it was earned from the past six seasons, set up future plot lines with Davos/Arryn soldiers too

Time for act 3 big-bad night king to rain icy death on the stark's in winterfell

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Incredible episode for sure, best of this season hands down and probably top 5 as others have mentioned.

Am I the only one who kind of wanted a bad ass swordfight between Jon and Ramsey though? If that's the only letdown then I'm doing well but still would have been cool

Incredible episode for sure, best of this season hands down and probably top 5 as others have mentioned.

Am I the only one who kind of wanted a bad ass swordfight between Jon and Ramsey though? If that's the only letdown then I'm doing well but still would have been cool
No it needed more Jon snow punching Ramsey

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What actually happened was truer to character though, we haven't really seen Ramsey swordfighting at all so he hasn't had any of those skills properly established. As compared to Jon who's been built up to be able to take on anyone short of Barristan/Jamie tier.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I don't think Ramsay would have ever engaged Jon in a swordfight, Jon's currently one of the best swordsmen alive (rip selmy, rip jaime's hand) and would probably cut down Ramsay in a matter of seconds, despite his fatigue. Thematically, I thought Ramsay using the most cowardly of weapons, the bow, was very fitting. And if anyone noticed, Jon took those arrows with a Mormont shield - the first house that stood up for his cause. Very nice touch.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with you guys, the way it was done was true to character for both to be sure. I was just secretly hoping for an epic swordfight. Ramsay was insane to be sure but he never struck me as being a coward

Anyone else lol at the fact that Ramsey forgot about the giant wildling (forgot its name) when talking about a siege?

Basically only reason why they retook Winterfell was because he single-handedly breached the gate

and the coolest part wasn't even the dragons, or the charge, or ramsay's skin getting torn off by his own hounds (get hype). it was the 2 minutes of jon almost getting asphyxiated by the corpses of his own men. i felt like i couldn't breathe. fucking astounding directing, from the same man who brought us hardhome.
I don't like the use of the word "triggering" but holy shit that scene made me feel claustrophobic as fuck. I feel like I'll be having nightmares about it. Those segments really were fantastically shot, it really showed the brutality of medieval battles that other fights in the series just lacked. While the episode wasn't perfect (Sansa not telling john about Littlefinger just so they could have them come save the day, WTF) that entire fight possibly made this the best episode of the series.

now my season finale prediction: cersei blows up king's landing with wildfyre, and/or the night king brings down the wall.

and we better get an answer to the tower of joy
As disappointingly predictable as this season has been, it's basically a certainty that both will happen. Tyrion directly mentioning the Wildfire caches in this episode sealed the deal unfortunately. All that's left is the "how" and "will she attempt to just blow up the Sept or the entire city" most likely.

The logical bridge for the ToJ scene is Bran seeing the flashback while, at the same time, Jon/Sansa are burying Rickon in the crypt and see ??? at Lyanna's tomb that spoils the secret for them at the same time.

Am I the only one a little worried that they're going to push Jon x Sansa together? I don't think I was imagining the signs, and while they were raised as brother/sister they're probably "just cousins" which is fair game in Westeros. It'd strengthen Jon's "hold" on the North, and it would make logical sense for Sansa having to choose between Jon and Littlefinger and not choosing the latter. It's creepy, but there's been far creepier in the series so far :^)

Anyone else lol at the fact that Ramsey forgot about the giant wildling (forgot its name) when talking about a siege?

Basically only reason why they retook Winterfell was because he single-handedly breached the gate
For as impregnable as Winterfell is supposed to be, all that's protecting it is a single-barred wooden gate? I'm pretty sure the fucking Mud Gate is better defended. Better work on that before the Wall falls.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
EXCELLENT episode, probably my favorite of the series. Jon beating the shit out of Ramsey is probably the most satisfying moment GoT has given us so far.

The logical bridge for the ToJ scene is Bran seeing the flashback while, at the same time, Jon/Sansa are burying Rickon in the crypt and see ??? at Lyanna's tomb that spoils the secret for them at the same time.
lol is that information actually written in the tomb? That feels too easy.

I feel the wall coming down this season is too soon though I can't think of much more reason for this not to happen since we'll probably get a lot of ""wrap ups" in the next episode. Dany is just looking in the perfect position, Jon taking the throne feels way too difficult if he's stuck at Winterfell- he needs opportunity to recuperate and advance. Of course these are all avoided if Jon somehow becomes involved in the Greyjoy situation and partners up with Dany, which doesn't sound farfetched thanks to our new Queen of the North. Wildlings + Dothraki, the big Dany/Tyrion/Jon trio, conflicting Red Witches, lots of good stuff comin out of that idea.

I'm expecting RLJ confirmation, Arya's return to Westeros, Dany heading toward the Ironborn, and Cersei losing it BUT not dying because of the removal of the Jaime portion of the prophecy and the return of The Hound (if Cersei dies how will I get Clegane Bowl?).

Yara x Dany ???????????

I am glad that Tyrion's storyline has worked out as well as it did. I wish we saw more of him, but holding him off and the payoff was worth it looking bad. Dany could have easily thrown him out of her counsel but instead she listened to him and it made the b storyline so much better

lol is that information actually written in the tomb? That feels too easy.
in the books, likely the only two people who knew what went down in the ToJ are Ned Stark and Howland Reed, but I doubt they would introduce Reed in this episode just for him to spill the secret. However, Ned was close enough to Jon Arryn, who in turn was close to Littlefinger, so it is plausible for him to also know whatever secret Ned had been hiding. It wouldn't be the best writing, but LF has been shown to know basically everything in the show so I don't doubt him knowing would be a possibility. Since it's pretty much inevitable that they'll wrap up the ToJ scene next episode (next year is too far away :pirate:) and the only way it will be important to the story is if someone other than Bran knows about it, it's gotta get to Jon somehow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)