Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
these anime style OP and ED for OverWatch is p cool tbh, former better than the latter

The game itself is pretty swag, mfw Onlywatch though :(

e @ below: : (

Last edited:

So glad they made a 76 mode only, hopefully next week is Torb only :)
I had like 2 great matches then I kept losing rofl:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
My friends and I did that with a different set of characters. We played Grand Dad Reinhardt while they played Zarya and we kept them in their spawn the whole time.

I made the mistake of not checking the minimum system requirements for Overwatch. Currently playing Overwatch on a laptop not designed for gaming (0MB of dedicated video ram) so everything is at 30 FPS / blurry as hell / borderline physically painful to look at.

That said, still having a lot of fun. Because of the horrible graphical quality and my inability to aim as is, I can't really play anyone that requires the slightest ability to aim. Lucio, Winston, Zen, and Symmetra are my favorites out the cast since aiming isn't super critical to being good with them (or that I have 20 chances with Zen)

Add me at TheMantyke#1245 if you wanna play some time.

I got play of the game as Mei by... Dying and getting a bunch of eliminations on enemies I froze, despite them being killed by a Reaper (I know it's crap quality I recorded it with OBS and just put it on Youtube raw)

Last edited:

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i think matchmaking is finally getting better with people getting sorted in their proper mmr brackets. only problem is my queues are long now

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I just got finished watching an overwatch monthly tournament (monthly melee by gosugamers) which had envyus, cloud9, and luminosity gaming, easily the top 3 teams in NA right now, probably in the world, and it was interesting to say the least.

Coupled with reading this analysis/breakdown of all of last week's tournaments (which is REALLY interesting/useful info on the overall meta rn) and playing myself, I like to think I at least know the basics of the meta right now lol. A good thing to keep in mind is that almost all tournaments, in the US at least, run 1 hero limit. And the overall meta with team comps seems to be mercy/lucio/2 tanks/2 dps. Usually tanks are 2 of Reinhardt, Roadhog, Zarya, or Winston. Each have their own niche/role but Reinhardt is almost always picked for his amazing versatility overall, but Winston would probably be better on koth maps for example. Zarya is ridiculously fucking good because she's so hard to kill with 200 of her HP being shield, and her ult having ridiculous combo potential and her shields being very useful at saving ur support or protecting someone from dying while ulting. Roadhog is good because he can one-shot 200-250 hp heroes after hooking them, making him a psuedo-replacement for mccree kind of. he's also good against all other tanks cuz he outdamages them.

Mercy and Lucio are 100% essential in pretty much every single situation I've seen. Mercy especially is absolutely fucking ridiculous lol, her ult charges SUPER fast and if you don't have her on your team that's an instant disadvantage. Pretty much the same could be said about Lucio. His ult can save your team from a good push or force a good push, while having good damage output and just good support in general.

The nerfs to McCree seem to be too big cuz I don't remember seeing him much in the tournament, or at least very little compared to before when he was insta-pick like Mercy/Lucio are. That, and the nerf to Widow seem to have made a few heroes much more viable, that's explained more and better in the analysis i linked earlier, very much recommend giving it a read.

With all that being said there's an invitational overwatch tournament going on this weekend. I don't know where it'll be streamed but you'll probably see it on twitch main page, or if u don't, then just follow overwatch (the game) on twitch and be on the lookout when it suddenly has so many viewers lol.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
What if I told you, that Overwatch’s next Hero had an ability that could Stun as effectively as McCree’s Flash Grenade, but at a 21 meter distance? What if I told you, this Hero could deal enough damage to fully combo-kill a 200 Health Hero -- except that he could do it every 6 seconds, instead of 8 seconds like McCree? What if I told you, this Hero could also heal for half of his 600 Health? That would sound pretty imbalanced right? Welcome to Overwatch’s newest Hero: StreetPig....I mean Roadhog. It is true that McCree’s Flash Grenade combo can still do more damage to a Tank if you Flash/Fan/Roll/Fan, but many Pros are beginning to ditch the Six-Gun Outlaw for Roadhog -- and they’re using Roadhog to do all the things McCree used to do, but from the safety of range. I expect Roadhog’s popularity in the Competitive Scene to continue to rise, which will give rise to the the next level of Balance Change Butterfly Waves: the Tertiary Effects. After seeing growth across the board in five different Heroes’ Usage Rates due to the drop in just two Hero’s popularity, I rate the Secondary Effects of this Balance Change as “Highly Successful”. Secondary Effects of Balance Changes tend to come back to bite you, however, so I hope someone at Blizzard is keeping a close eye on Roadhog in particular.
- The writer ('s) of this article
This was a neat read and thanks Arikado for linking it. The writers seem to overlook the weakness of using Roadhog > McCree though which are the potential enemy Soldiers, splash damage (Pharah and Junkrat), and flankers having ult way more often than usual (no barrier; no armor; a ton of health pool; channeled self heal that is easy to take advantage of) which is something that never really happened with McCree, and the fact that he can't lob his hook over barriers to open up the Reinhardt's team and the Reinhardt like McCree can. He is one of the last good things for dealing with Pharah though which is pretty big and he is definitely way better at dueling than other tanks, other than high energy Zarya, but I think that is the only way to keep him out of the "used for niche stuff only" rank. If anyone here has played the guy an okay amount (I will admit that I haven't played much because of platform issues), you do hear RIP Tires, Pulse Bombs, and Tac Visors way more often than usual just because you are on Roadhog and it does eat at me in particular when I know that I am the cause of those. I dunno how much of a difference higher level of play makes with that (better hooks, scrap balls, and positioning on self heals), but I imagine the same thing does happen more or less.

I just don't like when journalists leave out the other side to the coin they are reporting on. I figured I would give the other side of the coin myself.

I dislike one-dimensional journalism way more than most people. :mad:

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's a bad thing going for Roadhog alright, but one good thing, which is honestly my favourite when playing him but admittedly makes me super fucking mad when done on me, is hooking people mid-ult (which cancels it), and killing them in one shot if they're 200 hp lol.

He denies ults like no other. From what I've seen of tournament footage though people seem to like the OHKO combo A LOT and honestly I can't blame them, instantly getting rid of that genji, pharah, soldier, possibly reaper etc that's annoying the team is a huge thing going for him, and he's also good at hooking supports up and getting rid of them.

Also I can't wait for next week's planet overwatch, because of the tournament earlier + the big 25k pot bonus invitational this weekend!! gonna be hype.

Hog's stun is still much less reliable than flashbang on small, mobile targets like Tracer and Genji, and just doesn't work on Reinhardt. Deadeye + Barrier Field is also an amazing combo still that builds fast. Hog also has no potential for long range headshots, which puts him at a severe disadvantage dueling a lot of heroes. He's still a pretty good pick though since he makes it much harder to dive past your main tank and just pick off the support. I guess that puts them both in a similar spot on the team positioning wise, though I'd say McCree is more useful on maps with more open space, sightlines, and maneuverability.

I think overall the DPS heroes are a lot more balanced though, all of the Offense heroes are pretty viable and Widow and Junkrat are great too. I'd like to see a new main tank hero that isn't Winston or Reinhardt, and some buffs for Zenyatta. Push that support sniper out too, so maybe pubbies will want to play healer more often.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
For a second there I thought I read "and some buffs for Zarya" and I was getting pissed about to write why Zarya doesn't need any fucking buffs cuz she's already super ridiculous

but u said zenyatta so its gucci.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)