Media Videogame thread

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Another EA "trailer" for E3 yet again showing next to no gameplay. The game's releasing in a year? Sure the scenes look nice and Mass Effect still has one of the finest-crafted sci-fi universes in history, but this is just another drip-fed marketing ploy at minimal expense to keep people hooked. Anybody remember the battlefront trailer where they talked about how they went to iceland to recreate the iconic scenes? Or the mirror's edge trailer where they talked about the symbolism of faith's tattoo? This is part of the reason E3 is becoming a joke, because nobody is putting any effort into having demonstrations for the industry.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Zelda Wii U was finally revealed at E3 today and with a new title: it's now called "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild". Seeing the new official trailer for it and some gameplay sessions of the demo, this is looking to be one of the most promising new Nintendo games, let alone Zelda game, I have seen yet. It's got a really vast world to explore (it's twelve times the size of Twilight Princess's world. Read: twelve times as large), and it's a really compelling game that centers itself on exploration and survival, giving you great freedom to explore the vast world of BOTW. And unlike Twilight Princess, where the world is largely empty space with a lot of spaces having little to do, it seems this game will keep you busy wherever you go in this vast world. A Link Between Worlds for 3DS brought a lot of promise about where the Zelda franchise could go, bringing it back to its NES roots while modernizing it a lot, and Breath of the Wild looks to be carrying that promise: it'll really be a lot of exploring, which was the original charm of the older Zelda games. This is really looking to be fun, and it emphasizes the survival aspect, forcing you to feed yourself to survive, and takes a unique approach to puzzle solving your way through. It even seems has some aspects like weather and time aspects, which seems to make a new and more modern approach to Zelda that I've seen. Eiji Aonuma sure as hell wasn't lying when he said this was going to both be the largest Zelda game and one that rethinks the conventions of Zelda, and from what we've seen so far, Breath of the Wild is extremely promising.

It's a shame we won't see the real game until sometime in 2017, but LoZ: Breath of the Wild looks like a really ambitious Nintendo title, and looks to be something great to play on the Wii U (or NX if you're willing to pay 500 bucks or so at launch) when it releases. It seems like a really complex and large game that'll be a masterpiece at its finest, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the actual game launch soon next year. Even though I find a lot of Nintendo's business decisions to be questionable, there's no denying that this game will likely be one of the finest Nintendo games I've seen, and I'm sure as hell excited for it.

Other than that, I'm also looking forward to seeing Persona 5 come out next year, and that looks to be a great game in the Persona series, with some new twists while still maintaining some of Persona 4's style. I also am interested in the recently released Uncharted 4, which I heard is extremely good. Some great things to have on a good ol' PS4.

I am so excited to play Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. The world itself looks fantastic, and I like that they're doing something different with the Zelda formula this time around. They've been repeating the OOT formula for far too long. I look forward to seeing what they do with the dungeons, Skyward Sword had amazing dungeons.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just want to say that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks fucking incredible, and is the first time I'm so ultra hyped for a Zelda game that I changed my avatar to reflect it. That says a lot coming from somewhere who doesn't even put Zelda in the top 5 Nintendo franchises!

Really, the emergent gameplay Breath of the Wild focuses on seems like an excellent change of pace from the script and marker heavy open world games we've been getting lately!

RODAN

Banned deucer.
been playing LA Noire and absolutely adoring it. are there any other similar detective-y games out there?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
been playing LA Noire and absolutely adoring it. are there any other similar detective-y games out there?
There's the Phoenix Wright Series... Not really the same kind of genre, but there's a huge focus on crime solving in those games.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mighty No. 9's Wii U version can apparently brick the console, just an FYI. If you're lucky it'll just crash when loaded instead.

Also, reviews point to it being mediocre at best.

I don't think anybody is more salty than I am that Mighty no. 9 is bad (except the actual backers). How did it make so many mistakes, what happened? Why isn't the art style or graphics at the very least good on a game that was 3 years in development and had multimillion dollar budget. Where did all the money go? There needs to be some serious answers here.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
While it's hip and trendy to hate on it right now, what I saw Calebhart42 streaming of it early actually seemed pretty dece to me. Not exactly breaking much in the way of new ground but I'd happily play it as I would most Mega Man games.

I am sorry for the people who supported Mighty No. 9's funding. But I think I am going to purchase this game after it gets a price drop.
From what I have seen it is one of those games that are so bad its fun like Sonic 06 or that Bible game for the NES.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
While I've only played Persona games and so I cannot comment 100% on what kind of a game this is, I can safely say that after reading a few reviews and watching some footage, that this is basically a Persona game with a Nintendo re-skin. Since that is the case, you should definitely check it out, as the Persona series have been nothing but 100% awesome and the fact that they toss in a little Fire Emblem flavor and J-Pop spice to the mix makes it very appealing. Otherwise, I can't really offer you any other insight, as I haven't really played the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)