The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantom Requiem

Great story told in 26 episodes. You cannot watch merely a single episode in every sitting and will most likely finish the entire series in a few days.

Rating: 8.2/10

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.
this anime season is wrapping up, and a lot of the final few episodes have been absolutely outstanding

kiznaiver episode 10 was one of the most oddly crushing anime episodes i've seen, it taps into your emotions in a very different way from your standard melodrama

assclass continues to just fucking kill it every week, even if this resolution was a little weak it still fit in perfectly with the show and provided some much needed emotional heft.

haifuri sucks now

lol mayoiga

LOL big order

netoge is like umaru chan if umaru chan wasnt the worst thing to ever exist

sakamoto sucks now

Phoenix Wright gets better by the episode, altho its probably due to how good the OG case was

tanaka-kun is still the chillest most laidback feelgood comedy, even if last weeks episode was a little bit weaker than the rest. best ensemble cast of the season probably

continuing shows: jojo is jojo, re:zero is good but i think i may only like it for the maids.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
sakamoto is not, its the same one joke repeated ad nauseum - tanaka is a much better bet for comedies

mayoiga is 100000000% worth watching, but it probably loses some of the effect when u dont watch it live

luluco i dropped a while ago, but i heard it got a lot bettrer

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I don't wanna spoil too much of assclass RODAN but unless the anime takes a totally different turn from the manga (and it already has skipped some mini-arcs) ep 23 shouldn't be the last one, there is a proper resolution awaiting you.

If I'm wrong and there isn't then read the manga the ending is fucking perfect

RODAN

Banned deucer.
how can mayoiga have 11 episodes of retarded buildup and then end so weakly fuck this its glasslip all over again

sakamoto is not, its the same one joke repeated ad nauseum - tanaka is a much better bet for comedies
I don't know, I found each episode hilarious even if it's the same joke, so I would watch a few episodes and see if you like it. Though I do agree that Tanaka is a much better comedy.

Mayoiga is literally the anime version of bad, but hilarious America's Got Talent auditions.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sakamoto is the same joke over and over again, but it's concept is solid enough for it to be able to successfuly carry the show on its own and there is just enough variation in how the joke is executed to keep it being funny. I've laughed out loud at least once every week watching this.

Also am I the only one who isn't enjoying watching Mayoiga? I've not seen this week's ep yet, but last week was the first time I've actually thought that an episode of this was at least decent all season, and in my opinion shifted from "so bad it's good" (the reason why I kept watching it) when I was at episode 6 to "just plain bad" by episode 8, when it had gotten too late in the season to bother dropping it. I think part of the issue is that
they still haven't fucking killed anyone despite the concept heavily lending itself to that kind of show and instead it has just been a group of idiots arguing over whether Masaki is a bad guy or not.
I dislike almost every character on this cast, with the only excpetions being the members of Lion's group, and Lovepon gets way too much screen-time despite being the most annoying character on this whole cast. The horror flops, the concept is poorly executed despite being kinda decent, the psychological elements flop, I don't give two fucks about anyone on this cast, the writing is god-awful and the retardation of it simply hasn't made it entertaining to watch at all.

TOOT

I checked Ace Attorney Episode 12 today just to see how the show is doing and it's still a horrible, horrible adaptation. Go play the game or, hell, watch a Let's Play if you're bored. Please don't waste time on the show.

Kabaneri has a lot of problems but it's still the most entertaining thing in the season.

I need someone to tell me if Kiznaiver ends strong. I don't want to slog through the middle part just because the latest episodes are tearjerkers.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
More Prisma Illya for next season.
I'm hyped. I love Prisma Illya... maybe even more than Fate Stay Night, lol. vonFielder won't be impressed.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Because I wanted to watch some artsy shows I've just binged Tatami Galaxy and watched episode 1 of Serial Experiments Lain. Tatami Galaxy was really good in general, although I'm not gonna elaborate much 'cause of the time, but I want to give props to its OP and ED in addition to the actual show, with the former having lots of visual symbolism and foreshadowing and the latter having a lot of said foreshadowing while also having what is easily my favorite ED theme of all time. As for Serial Experiments Lain, I've only seen 1 episode and can already tell that it is going to be utterly spectacular just from watching it. It feels increadibly deep and surreal and it looks like exactly the kind of show that would appeal to me, and I've heard people call it a masterpiece so I'm looking forward to it.

Also one other thing that isn't really artsy but just something that I really enjoyed watching is Kino no Tabi. It does a really good job at building up it's world and the characters within it, with me growing to really love Kino and most of the characters who got prominent features in an episode by the end of the series, and with it introducing little things
such as the woman who's husband gets killed in the colliseum and during that prologue in episode 1
and it provides meaningful closure despite the mostly-independent nature of each episode, which is a feat to say the least. All in all definitely make a point of watching this if you've not already.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I've been keeping up with it as much as I can in my offtime. I haven't read any of the most recent of stuff if there has been any updates in the past ~2 weeks.

The most recent episode of Assasination Class room.

Holy shit. Even knowing what was coming that was tough. That song that played at the end with the voice actors of all the kids. That might just be the single saddest moment in any show I've ever watched.
Goodbye Koro Sensei.

Last edited:
Because I wanted to watch some artsy shows I've just binged Tatami Galaxy and watched episode 1 of Serial Experiments Lain. Tatami Galaxy was really good in general, although I'm not gonna elaborate much 'cause of the time, but I want to give props to its OP and ED in addition to the actual show, with the former having lots of visual symbolism and foreshadowing and the latter having a lot of said foreshadowing while also having what is easily my favorite ED theme of all time. As for Serial Experiments Lain, I've only seen 1 episode and can already tell that it is going to be utterly spectacular just from watching it. It feels increadibly deep and surreal and it looks like exactly the kind of show that would appeal to me, and I've heard people call it a masterpiece so I'm looking forward to it.
You must be a really deep person.
Also one other thing that isn't really artsy but just something that I really enjoyed watching is Kino no Tabi. It does a really good job at building up it's world and the characters within it, with me growing to really love Kino and most of the characters who got prominent features in an episode by the end of the series, and with it introducing little things
such as the woman who's husband gets killed in the colliseum and during that prologue in episode 1
and it provides meaningful closure despite the mostly-independent nature of each episode, which is a feat to say the least. All in all definitely make a point of watching this if you've not already.
Seconded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)