NOC Dragon Ball Z NOC - Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
bruh I can buy this for D1 when you were at your debate tournament but you've remained idle af on D2 until you got 3 votes onto you, I think you made 1 or 2 other posts today. Don't act like sliding under the radar and idling as scum isn't your mafia play from F&I. Anyone on the village who knows this wouldn't be an opportunistic lyncher but cautious about not letting you bs your way through the game again for no good reason.

However half the game is afk so MEH.

LW+Blazade scumteam is interesting. I could see it, I guess. But I feel like mafia might be 1 of them or BT and 3 idlers. This is why they killed off Sam despite him being suspicious enough you could gun for a mislynch the next day. He's the main one who will bully idlers into talking and endlessly prompt them. Which, interestingly enough, Blazade points out in a begrudging way. Almost as if he's annoyed Sam is both right and willing to harass inactives into talking. What's the matter, got too many idlers on your scumteam?
Counterpoints:

I was town in mafia championship and idled for 3-4 irl days in thread -- you can confirm this yourself.

I was town and idled in almost every pokemon online forum game I ever played as "Smooth as Silk" Slamma -- jalmont should be able to confirm.

I go idle when I don't want to deal regardless of alignment. Tbf active!daletterel is more often than not town though, so fair enough.

Billy, I had two votes on me because I've been idle, which is fair. I still don't like yetis play, but the lynch isn't happening. I voted dle because he is a good player that hadn't done shit that had no one pressuring him whatsoever. I wasn't going to lunch him unless he continues to do nothing.

As for voting dle to get pressure off me, I just don't even see the pressure. The only point I saw was me budding Sam, which was simply my agreeing with vegeta claiming. I pretty strongly disagreed with buu claiming which he wanted. I could have done nothing the rest of the day after my reads on yeti/bt/twin and probably not been voted out, but that's not the point. I want dle to actually play because he can help us win this game after our pretty awful start... Assuming he is actually village. Even if not him contributing will only provide more interactions.

I'm still not sure why to vote today, but I'll unvote.

Now sadly u can't be at a computer before deadline but I'll keep checking on my phone and try to provide more insight.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I didn't say that people would ask why I'm not voting said person I dedicated an essay to, which would lead me to the same answer. I like to cover those bases.

Also thanks for trying to use previous cases where you were village as proof you idle. Now please show me all your mafia games where you are active all game without taking a day break. It's pointless to argue about it either way, since it's not likely relevant to your alignment. The fact you did try to use it as a defense specifically rather than just saying the truth which appears to be you didn'T feel like it annoys me.

The fact you are also ignoring my questions while attacking what I have posted for any little thing you can find is rubbing me the wrong way.

Problem is I find this DLE discussion distracting, he didn't do anything actually suspicious because as I said he is carefully picking out what he comments on, and we'd need to spend the rest of the day quizzing him on various things before we get anywhere on that front. We need an actual day where he is active.

I'd much rather hear people throw in on any of the reads he got (ergo on me, I want people discussing this as soon as possible rather thanleaving it till last second) Or any reads anyone got. People are so damn afraid to go after someone. My macle pressure vote is clearly not gonna have a pay off today either so unvote.

I want to see the Vote Twin get some traction right now, what with it being more viable than pushing jalmont again, and his involvement in the lynches, but I'm fine with any of my main suspect list ( jalmont, bt, mithril, twin and internet). To reiterate the case, general laying low from TIK, then his involvement in pushing both of the high profile flipped village lynches. I do not recall if he commented on these points today yet.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will now take a 3 hour nap because it's fucking 3 AM and I'm too tired for this after being up all day. I will be back a hour before deadline. This is not to avoid being lynched, I just fucking tired, trust me if I didn't want to get lynched I'd stick around to argue fr hours upon hours, as I tend to.

Da Letter El

LightWolf I think the only forum games I've had where I've been active the whole game while being mafia were on the altitude forums and I'd have to dig for those games. I've only been mafia like 4 times in forum NOCs though, so I don't exactly have a wealth of games to provide you with (fire/ice and sunday i think were the only smogon games, and then i have 2 on the altitude forums). I really haven't played that much forum noc. I just like to lord over people and act like I'm better than them because odds are that I'm right :)

Da Letter El

Anyway I glanced through rest of thread and it mostly reinforced what I felt from the beginning. I want lynch on lightwolf or blazade. I wouldnt yell at anyone for lynching bt or internet. I'd be slightly annoyed at lynching Haruno but think it has at least some chance of hitting a bad.

Anyone else I think is an inferior lynch target for today.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm worse at mafia than I thought and NOCs are also harder than I expected, I'm also a very quiet type. Oops.

But nobody wants to hear that. People want to hear who I think is bad, who I think is good, and also I have to vote before I head to bed.

I've a history of extreme gullibility so everyone just reads as town to me by now, honestly. Obviously, this is impossible. People seem to be reading blazade/lightwolf as bad, so...

Lynch Blazade

I'll probably be online for a bit longer so I could still switch

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
id like to see more serious posts out of yeti because i value her opinion and she could just be posting stupid shit to seem active (or its just her play style, im not gonna dig into every game shes played atm).

my main 3 scum reads are lw, internet, and twin. ive explained before why i think lw is scummy, internet has been playing it cool all game while providing little insight and just random insight, especially on the androids signaling which could be him signalling he is an android..., and twin because hes just randomly picking new players and asking them for reads then complaining about the reads to fake actually helping - though lw and twin on same team is weird

I would be behind a BT lynch but he basically said at the beginning of the day that he was gone so it felt like punching a blind man in the cock. I DID want to hear what King_ had to say but apparently his vote didn't mean much.

Lovely how DLE doesn't talk all day even after I pressure him.

I have been pressing people woth what little questions I had through all this idle and "my hands are tied by GODKILL" posting. I felt like Yeti was harshly misrepping me in a lot of places so I overexplained (as she reached hard in her latest jab holy shit)

Today's been a busy day of village leading and genius gaming, not to mention all the job applications I send out.

I could still support a DLE lynch, possibly a Haruno or BT lynch. Bottom of the list like a King_ lynch or maaaybe a twin lynch if I can be convinced.

When is deadline?

Ok well it's in 3 hours and I won't be home except for the last 30 minutes so if you want to stealth me it'll work.

If you're all really on the DLE train (which honestly I mostly agree with except the parts about LW and me) then I'll ask you find someone else to lynch for now.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
billymills who DO you want to lynch then? Are you unwilling to push for one on DLE or Mithril? Why are you willing to support a Blazade lynch if you don't see it? You said the same thing about acidphoenix yesterday. It doesn't seem particularly towny to be willing to let any old lynch happen even if you disagree with it. At some point you should be defending people you don't read as scum or actively proposing/pressuring other options.

I will reply to your question and any others in the thread once I start eating dinner.

Da Letter El

If mithril is bad then DLE is good. I'm willing to jump onto a Blazade wagon, but I just don't see the basis.

What posts make Blazade stick out Da Letter El, Yeti
Behavior doesn't fit with what I've experienced from him:

I don't think town Blazade thinks LW is town as early as he did d1. I think he'd be more paranoid of someone largely going alongside him and his reads.

I don't think town Blazade spends as much time explaining what he's doing in situations out of pressure as he did d1. This isn't as much a meta read on Blazade as it is just a standalone scum read. People tend to explain themselves because they're trying to actively be town read as scum moreso than as town. I've articulated this read on LightWolf as well. These two are the biggest violators of this.

I don't think town Blazade stays meta focused as long as he did d1. This one is weakest since Blazade loves math so maybe he just had a math boner and wanted to share it with the class since the set up is closed, but it prevented him from really trying to push or develop reads for way longer than I thought town Blazade would do.

I think the Blazade/LW interactions are really scummy and have LW as a high scum read to begin with.

Da Letter El

Vote total:

Da Letter El (2): Blazade, Yeti
Mithril (2): Blue_Tornado, billymills
internet (2): Asek, King_
LightWolf (1): Da Letter El
Haruno (2): Flyhn, thetwinmasters
thetwinmaster(1): Lightwolf
Blazade(1): internet

Not voting (5): Haruno, Jalmont, macle, rssp1, Mithril

This is what I've got so far from pluff's last vote post.

Behavior doesn't fit with what I've experienced from him:

I don't think town Blazade thinks LW is town as early as he did d1. I think he'd be more paranoid of someone largely going alongside him and his reads.

I don't think town Blazade spends as much time explaining what he's doing in situations out of pressure as he did d1. This isn't as much a meta read on Blazade as it is just a standalone scum read. People tend to explain themselves because they're trying to actively be town read as scum moreso than as town. I've articulated this read on LightWolf as well. These two are the biggest violators of this.

I don't think town Blazade stays meta focused as long as he did d1. This one is weakest since Blazade loves math so maybe he just had a math boner and wanted to share it with the class since the set up is closed, but it prevented him from really trying to push or develop reads for way longer than I thought town Blazade would do.

I think the Blazade/LW interactions are really scummy and have LW as a high scum read to begin with.
Can you explain your scumread of LW a little better.

And I HAVE mentioned my explicit paranoia of being buddied early and often so that one's just wrong

I do have a math boner and thought it was necessary to explain why Sam was mathematically wrong as either alignmemt tbh. And I fought with sam as long as I did because that's how long the fight took lol.

Can't say much more about overexplaining than I already have that one's on you guys to decide at this point.

I would normally take the time to fight with DLE here but we don't have that time.

Unvote

I don't think he's stealthing me anymore though even though he didn't respond to me earlier? I'm really thrown here.

Da Letter El

Relevant reads:

Haruno's comment showed a legitimate desire to follow and keep up with a long, boring, and incredibly stupid argument that blew up into 5 pages in no time flat. Where others might take this as an excuse to idle I enjoy his initiative and attempt to summarize the points in his own intuition. Mithril shows similar initiative in actually helping work through the argument in a couple places.

Jalmont saying I should know better for probing into an inconsistent comment sketches me but since the vote was on him in the first place it sketches me a lot less. Oddly people don't seem to be probing mills for his read on B_T but mills is a known troll so I guess it's tough to say.

UncleSam is capable of acting like this as both alignments because all he needs to do is yell protown things from his perspective, emphasize he's starting discussion, and that's his town game. In order to get this guy I want to see how he lynches.

internet should step up and take his own advice if he wants to see some real change. What do YOU think of the good players?

LW is good at NOC and good at appearing town in NOC. He's also someone I agree with a lot and that always makes me paranoid that I may not be the best person to read him.

Yeti acts like she always does and appears to be leaning non confrontational at the moment. There are fewer probing questions than I'm used to seeing at this stage but there are also fewer stupid early bandwagons to work with.

I'll do my part and stop tirelessly engaging Sam so the rest of the thread can breathe and weigh in.
Awareness of where you ought be paranoid vs actual paranoia and scumreading as a result is the distinction I'm referring to. This was on page 6 at a point where I didn't feel LW had done anything to remotely town tell and you sort of give him this town card without any analysis as to why you're town reading him. It pinged me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)