Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apparently, activating an ability like Pyre or Dancing Dragons and then matching a Pokémon mid-combo with a Lv2 or higher skill that increases DMG on activation will make it deal way more damage than usual.

Just as well I had been levelling up Sableye's Risk-Taker and it gives me even more reason to max out Sableye and Landorus-T skill wise now. Furthermore, for all these PSB droppers for a skill that boosts DMG like the current Beedrill competition, it now becomes worth it to raise that skill to Lv2 now.

Now watch as Genius Sonority patches it within the next week or three.

I got Dialga to Level 2, debating how far I'll go on Landorus. It honestly is most dependent on the drop rate for the Skill Boosters, and of course how fast I manage with the Safari and such.

Is it worth it to try and get Dialga to level 3? I noticed I've been getting more PSB drops than when I started up until lvl 2, but the bar is just so SLOW now. I don't remember Groudon being this slow at the same point. Also I've never gotten more than 1 booster per round, though idk if it's supposed to be that way with this stage in particular.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Currently leveling up Uxie's Mind Zap as it seems to be one of the easier stages with a decent booster drop rate. Also managed to get kabutops to lvl 2. Dialga wasn't kind at all at dropping skill boosters so I just gave up.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I just haven't bothered with this week's PSB farms (save Beedrill to Lv2 because of unreleased abilities for more power and that only took four rounds) and simply grinded for coins and then EXP. The Landorus-T farm coming up, however, I am going to bother with hahaha (Ground Forces when GS).

As for the competition I am no longer in EU's top tier but by 65,998 is enough to be comfortable second tier for the Speedup so I have been satisfied with it all week (got it first full items run). Roll on worst safari ever, best PSB farm to date, and Speedup farm~

Alright, Safari's magic type is Electric for anyone interested.

Tornadus dropped a personal Booster but no Mega Speed up, but I plan to run him all times available this week, and hope to clear the Safari out before moving to Landorus-T farming.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Also for Mega Gyarados, you should grind Raikou up over the next couple of Victini events because the game blatantly tells you to catch it and use it.

Came 990th overall which was a comfortable speedup. Got a PSB in the first Tornadus fight, and currently only have one Pokémon from this Safari: Unfezant who was my first encounter.

Also did some Landorus-T farming and got its Skill to Lv3 so far. Its drop rate is pretty meh (either that or I have mediocre luck), haven't got more than one in a stage but it's easy itemless with full speedup Rayquaza / Landorus-T / Virizion / Kingdra. I will probably hustle to get it maxed out but I should be careful considering next week (though the sooner Safari RNG works in my favour, the better).

Already level 3 ! You're fast !!! :D

For Raikou, I think it's general idea like they always give some advice even if it's not the best solution ... ? Electric type sucks to farm :( (Ampharos resist them) and Raikou is a meh pokemon (Magnezone is SO much better)

I think it probably is a good idea to level up Raikou, because they didn't suggest Zapdos, which is earlier in the Expert stages, and there were SE disruptions in the last two competitions (Nidoking in Gardevoir and Magmortar in Obamasnow). I'm using Mega Gengar/Zekrom/Raikou on the Safari, to level up Raikou on Cloyster.

So, from a couple Landorus0-T runs, I'm either getting good luck, or it has a decent Personal drop rate (Uxie vs Dialga for comparison), even got it to drop 2 in one round (though lost that run unfortunately)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Managed to spam a few of my 40 (!) hearts to capture Nidoking and use it in the Gardevoir competition... Think I ranked in the 40k's somewhere, don't even have Gardevoir yet but looks like I might have a megastone for it ?_?

Captured Raikou too, but I doubt I'll come close to capturing that event. I haven't caught any of those apart from the EB ones. Extremely tough with under levelled/not the correct Pokemon. Made it past Mewtwo Y - But now I have some to a stop on Onix, I think that's mostly cause I need more block smashers though, so I might try to get Bronzong to help me there. Megar is probably the most OP mega in the game... I use it on like 95% of stages now. Takes like 4 matches to get it to evolve and then you basically get a free complexity-1.

Still trying randomly to get Swampert and the other starters on the EX battles, I've unlocked up to Xerneas so far, but those mons are far out of my league for the time being.

So, from a couple Landorus0-T runs, I'm either getting good luck, or it has a decent Personal drop rate (Uxie vs Dialga for comparison), even got it to drop 2 in one round (though lost that run unfortunately)
Too bad :(

Caught S-Gyarados but S-Magikarp is still well hidden :( :( :( 70 hearts spent :(

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh this safari... already caught everything besides the 2 shinies which haven't showed up yet. I already hate pidove btw...

Reactions: JES
I saw Magikarp and the capture failed. This hurts so much.

On the bright Side, Landorus is up to Level 4 Skill, so I can finish that before it goes as long as I get Safari done this week. Also got a Speed up from Tornadus (a Red Box indicates a Speed up Drop, compared to the White Box for Skill Booster). Hit Eevee up and then back to the Safari.

Also, PSA for Magikarp, E1 -> C5 (on a Letter: Column, Number: Row key) clears most of the Magikarp and sets up to help remove most of the coins for Combo room.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Two days in, no Shiny Magikarp, no Shiny Gyarados, and to a lesser extent, Shellder is stubborn (but it's common anyway so not worth spending money on it). Tornadus has yielded a PSB a day so before long it's skill level will probably level up and suddenly it becomes a legit option on Sky Blast. Eevee decided to be as annoying as possible without giving me a game over today over my rounds and overall got one Skill Booster S each attempt (Probably going to use them depending on current affairs).

As for Landorus-T, got its Skill Level to Lv4 this time yesterday and am slowly grinding my way to Lv5. Interesting to see whether that gets maxed first or I catch Shellder and the two Shinies.

Caught S-Magikarp YAAAAAY ! Safari over !
Still only PSB on Tornadus, no SpeedUp

No PSB for Landorus, but I still can't beat him itemless ... What team do you use ?
I've tried M-Swampert team + Lando but it doesn't work (Always 20/25% hp left)

Caught S-Magikarp YAAAAAY ! Safari over !
Still only PSB on Tornadus, no SpeedUp

No PSB for Landorus, but I still can't beat him itemless ... What team do you use ?
I've tried M-Swampert team + Lando but it doesn't work (Always 20/25% hp left)
Lucky you, I still have Unfezant, cloyster and magikarp left, and I face pidove like 80% of the times >_>

I've used MRay + optimize (palkia, milotic, roserade) and have been doing fine so far, I don't se the point of running Landorus-t tbh, you can often match him away.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
just found shiny magikarp, although it was kind of hard to beat on such limited amount of moves, luckily it only took 1 great ball to stay in. Now only Gyarados left to finish this safari.

Lucky you, I still have Unfezant, cloyster and magikarp left, and I face pidove like 80% of the times >_>

I've used MRay + optimize (palkia, milotic, roserade) and have been doing fine so far, I don't se the point of running Landorus-t tbh, you can often match him away.
I'll try my almost full candied Mray ... I thought that Bringing Lando could be useful (he's not not-very effective) and can help to reduce disruptions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)