Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days of delay? Try not having a Nintendo representative in your country, and depending on importers with a sky high price.

Those who don't have an international credit card to use on eShop or that really want to have the physical version of the game have to wait for over two weeks to get them. Play Asia takes a month to arrive, and we have to pay 70% of importing tax.

I use eShop for everything, so I'm cool, but most people here suffer. Five days is nothing.

5 days of delay? Try not having a Nintendo representative in your country, and depending on importers with a sky high price.

Those who don't have an international credit card to use on eShop or that really want to have the physical version of the game have to wait for over two weeks to get them. Play Asia takes a month to arrive, and we have to pay 70% of importing tax.

I use eShop for everything, so I'm cool, but most people here suffer. Five days is nothing.
... or in some cases, not even getting access to events.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus

OMG can I hit the like button for 1000 times?

I have to wait for nearly a month everytime I order stuff on play-asia, because too bad, you're using a PAL 3DS in a country that every single imported Nintendo game is of US. And too bad, you also set the eshop to UK so suffer the exchange rate! (And always salty because Europe always get events in serial code)

The funny part with the expensive part is that I bet you that we will get Solgaleo and Lunala figurines in the TCG (in America only, sorry Europe, you have weird gambling laws with that so you never get them). Roughly $20 for 4 booster packs, a promo card, and a figurine. We got the Kyogre and Groudon figurines that Japan got with their preorders that way. And the Arceus figurine in America ended up that way too. So it's not that it's expensive really...
The UK might get them now, because of brexit

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The UK is leaving the EU? Hm, and it was a pretty close vote and its causing quite a commotion.

Hey GF! I got an idea for you when you get around to doing PokeUK!

(though staying on topic I doubt it'll change anything the way games are released there since they're still locked by PAL region rules)

stop making trump jokes. my sense of humor dictates the objective funniness of all jokes and i disapprove of comparing yungoos to trump, so you Better Stop it Right Now ok

and if u reply to this with a trump joke you should know i already predicted you so i Win, Just Saying
And give up a chance to make fun of, insult, or demonize that thin skinned bully? Are...you...nuts?!! Not on you're life, bub! Then again, I can't think of Trump joke right now. Fortunately for you, I think we've exhausted most of the potential jokes for now.

Wow, we got WAY off topic. Let's shift back with a tiny feature question.

Anyone want to see the DexNav back in some form? I feel like the RotomDex would be the perfect way to implement it. Honestly, I feel like NEW games like this Sun & Moon would be the best use for it. Now we don't already have a vague knowledge of what Pokemon's on this route! So the little crown saying we caught all the Pokemon in the area would actually be useful if you go in completely blind.

How about we just avoid political talk altogether? Trump, Clinton, Brexit - none of these topics have anything to do with Sun and Moon whatsoever.

Wow, we got WAY off topic. Let's shift back with a tiny feature question.

Anyone want to see the DexNav back in some form? I feel like the RotomDex would be the perfect way to implement it. Honestly, I feel like NEW games like this Sun & Moon would be the best use for it. Now we don't already have a vague knowledge of what Pokemon's on this route! So the little crown saying we caught all the Pokemon in the area would actually be useful if you go in completely blind.
I wouldn't mind seeing the DexNav again, but I doubt that we will. RotoDex will probably have its own gimmick to it, and it will most likely fulfill the role of the Poké -Nav, -Etch, -Gear, and whatever else they've done with that bottom screen since the start of the DS era. Still, sneaking up on wild pokémon seems like such a natural thing to do that I'm surprised it took them so long to get around to doing it, and I would like to see them implement it more.

Last edited:
How about we just avoid political talk altogether? Trump, Clinton, Brexit - none of these topics have anything to do with Sun and Moon whatsoever.

I wouldn't mind seeing the DexNav again, but I doubt that we will. RotoDex will probably have its own gimmick to it, and it will most likely fulfill the role of the Poké -Nav, -Etch, -Gear, and whatever else they've done with that bottom screen since the start of the DS era. Still, sneaking up on wild pokémon seems like such a natural thing to do that I'm surprised it took them so long to get around to doing it, and I would like to see them implement it more.
Yeah, I know they probably won't have it. I just feel that the "Checklist of Pokemon that will appear in this route" is something that we definitely need in Sun/Moon and it would feel natural to appear on the lower touch screen with the RotomDex.

I would be really sad if DexNav didn't come back. It added so much to the game, allowing for an easier alternative to the poke radar, and made getting breeding stock for pokemon really easy.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Serebii Joe said on Twitter that the demo shown today at World Hobby Fair was the same, but Yungoos was shown to evolve once and Grubbin evolve twice (presumably through the Pokedex). Nothing unexpected but still good to know!
Par for the course for the gen rodent and bug.

Speaking of Grubbin, Jwittz (he's alright to talk about on here, right?) suggests its based on the White Grub which becomes the June Beetle. The image that he showed was of the polyphylla decemlineata species, more commonly known as the Ten-lined June Beetle or Watermelon Beetle due to the lines on its back (which look like they can be easily made into lightning bolts...). However, like many beetle groups, it has other species families with different looking shells (so the possibility of them pulling another Vivillon is still possible). Though from what I read about the polyphylla decemlineata specifically it has some unique body features like a multi-plated antenna and rapidly vibrate their wings to make a hissing sound. They're also agricultural pests which mirrors Grubbin's description of being an urban pest, eating electricity instead of crops. And like most beetles they do go through a pupae stage so expect another cocoon Pokemon.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Par for the course for the gen rodent and bug.

Speaking of Grubbin, Jwittz (he's alright to talk about on here, right?) suggests its based on the White Grub which becomes the June Beetle. The image that he showed was of the polyphylla decemlineata species, more commonly known as the Ten-lined June Beetle or Watermelon Beetle due to the lines on its back (which look like they can be easily made into lightning bolts...). However, like many beetle groups, it has other species families with different looking shells (so the possibility of them pulling another Vivillon is still possible). Though from what I read about the polyphylla decemlineata specifically it has some unique body features like a multi-plated antenna and rapidly vibrate their wings to make a hissing sound. They're also agricultural pests which mirrors Grubbin's description of being an urban pest, eating electricity instead of crops. And like most beetles they do go through a pupae stage so expect another cocoon Pokemon.
Probably.
The Chinese name of Grubbin does specifically say that it's a beetle juvenile.

In The Games Department
Pokémon - Sun & Moon

The summary for the Japanese variety show, Pokénchi, for the episode due to air on July 3rd has been revealed and confirmed what Junichi Masuda posted in a blog post last month about the hosts Rinka and Abarerukun visiting Game Freak. Within this it is said that it will show a video for the new Pokémon games as well as show new information on new Pokémon. It is probable that this information will mirror the information from the upcoming July 1st reval as well as the recent E3 and CoroCoro reveals but it is not currently known. Keep checking back for news.

We're getting some new info on July 1st, so this leads me to believe that the content of Pokenchi, shown July 3rd, will elaborate on whatever is shown on the 1st. Then again, we may see confirmations of Iwanko and Nekkoala with more info about them, since they have yet to be officially revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)