Wonder Art Collab

Approved by Bummer.

In an attempt to create a new community project for the Smogon art community, the Pokemon Showdown Art Room has created the Wonder Art Collab (WAC), a monthly collaboration project where artists of all skill levels can meet and create with strangers and peers from within the community!

The rules are fairly straightforward: simply enter your name in the form below and you will be paired off with another artist at random to create a collaborative piece of art over the course of a month (or longer, should you both agree to it!) Finished pieces will be collected and displayed in this thread on Smogon, and included in a special folder on the PS Art Room's DeviantArt page.

Signups are currently closed and will reopen for August on July 31st.

Entry and Groupings
Entries for each month will be accepted the week prior to the 1st. On the 1st of each month, the entering artists will be paired up at random and will receive a PM with the user info of their collaboration partner. Pairs will have until the end of the 3rd to contact each other and confirm they are available to work on the collab, at which point the details of the collab will be determined by the individual artists involved with each. If your partner does not contact you by the 3rd, contact user aXl on Smogon or Falgaia on Pokemon Showdown's art room, and I will attempt to regroup you to the best of my ability. It is worth mentioning that in the event of an odd number of entrants or the aforementioned situation, a group of 3 artists may occur.

Collaborations
It is recommended that groups have the details of their collab decided upon by the 5th of each month, but is not required. Collabs do not have to be finished by the end of each month, but users with ongoing collabs will be barred from entering in the following month. If a circumstance arises where a user is unable to finish the collab due to their partner becoming unreachable or outright bailing on the collab, contact user aXl on Smogon or Falgaia on Pokemon Showdown's Art Room and I'll see that you are allowed into the next month's event.

Collabs will be featured both in this thread and on the Art Room's DeviantArt page. If you do not wish to have your art featured on DeviantArt, send me a PM. If you wish to have it featured on DA but do not own an account, send me a PM and I will upload it to the group using an account specifically created for this event, linking back to the creators' artist pages here on Smogon.

-----------------------------------------

Please only enter if you have the time to commit to the project. If you have any questions or concerns, PM me and I'll respond with an answer ASAP.

Most of all, have fun with your collabs and try to make some new friends in the art community! I'll be seeing you all on the 1st.

Last edited:
Posting to say that signups for the first ever Wonder Art Collab will be wrapped up at 12:00 AM CST and pairings will be sent out soon afterwards. If you want to be a part of the inaugural test run for the new community project, you have roughly 16 hours before signups will be locked.

As for those who have already signed up, I'm going to take this opportunity to check and be sure that everyone's still good to go for the July WAC. If any of the following users would like to back out OR did not sign themselves up for the WAC, please send me a PM and I will remove you from the drawing.

Private messages should be sent out officially now, so be sure to contact your partner before the 3rd at 11:59PM (CST) and begin working out the details of your collabs. If you have issues contacting your partner (or think you might), send me a PM and I'll try to work something out. Also, signups have officially CLOSED, and will reopen for next month on July 23rd.

All in all we had 16 participants this run, which is pretty solid for a first attempt at this sort of thing. When you finish the collabs, feel free to post it to the thread and I'll collect them in the second post. I look forward to seeing what you all make!

Reactions: Mq
A little late on updating the thread, but since we're nearing the month, I figured I'd check in to see what everyone's up to and give a bit of an update in general. Signups for August will be pushed back until the 31st of July due to me being physically unable to distribute pairings at the end of this week and because in hindsight, having a break week in between WACs just seems like a good idea in general. I'd appreciate it if any involved artists could contact me on your groups's progress if you have the time, and in addition, I'd like it if you could send me any feedback you have about the first WAC in general. In particular, I'd like to know if those participating are okay with the monthly frequency of these or if it would be preferable to turn this into a bimonthly event in the future.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the month and as always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Reactions: Mq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)