ORAS OU Will I get a good rate? I want the best I can get.

Prologue (please read)

I'm a new face around here, just now being referred to this rather helpful website by some...sources.

I have spent whatever time I could, studying site resources, learning, mastering combat tactics, etc. I reached a fair rank in the OU ladder – 1622 – which is by no means impressive, but it's something.

Then I took an extended hiatus from PS!, because I had to worry about AP tests, band, SAT tests, you know, stuff like that. My ELO decayed real hard as a result. Plus, I started playing like a scrub and losing a ton of battles, so that didn't help either. Just now I'm recovering, standing at about 1520.

I create this post for two reasons: one, to see how well the team raters did. Given that this is 100% volunteer work, I was somewhat doubtful of the quality of the rates, because anyone could say anything. Looking at some rates, I was impressed by some, while unimpressed by others. As such, I want to see how well the team rates agreed with my knowledge of teambuilding, whether it made sense, etc. The second thing is that I could learn something from the team raters here on this forum, as their thought processes will help bolster mine.

I have three questions as to my moveset, so please answer them, as I really am kinda stuck. They can be found in my team details section, but I can restate them here:
  • Should I run max Atk on Diancie?
  • Should I run Poison Jab on Weavile?
  • Should I run Thunderbolt on Latios?
Also, I have a massive f###ing migraine right now, so I may make some mistakes in my RMT or forget some stuff. Just ignore any that you find.

Enough babbling, onto the team.

I started off with some random Mega evolution I picked from the A+ section of the ORAS OU Viability Rankings (V4): Mega Diancie, because I was lazy and didn't know where to start. And maybe I had a little bias when choosing.

Added in Fatchomp because it's a human (Hu-mon?) shield for Diancie, especially from stuff like Scizor and Jirachi. Also works with Diancie to handle enemy flyers, because Diancie can get overwhelmed if it has to deal with 6 flyers at once (ahem, that ladder team with Azelf, Talonflame, Pinsir, Excadrill, Manaphy, Dragonite).

Enemy Fairies were concerning, given that my 2-mon pseudo-core can't reliably handle stuff like enemy Gardevoir, Diancie, etc. Jirachi is a quick-fix to this. SpD variant lets it act as a medic for my teammates like Diancie and Fatchomp, as both have no reliable recovery

Sand is an issue, so Rotom-W provides nifty Volt Switch assistance and serves as a third bird-spam check to reduce my chances of being bird-spammed. It also helps out vs. Mega Metagross, as it should carry Ice Punch for stuff like Fatchomp (if you don't have Ice Punch, you've got to be crazy).

At this point, the team looked okay so far, so it was polishing up the team and stuff like that.

Because I had 3 bird-spam checks (it wasn't intentional, I swear), I decided to add in Latios, who appreciated the air support – it can't adequately drop Draco Meteors while the skies are contested, so it appreciate the help my 3 bird-spam checks brought.

I threw in Weavile as filler for the most part, as I noted my team was fairly sluggish for the most part. Weavile provides much-needed Speed and gives Knock Off utility, to aid vs. Stall.

I wasn't too satisfied with the team at this point. Jirachi was far too passive for my liking, and Wish passing killed off too much momentum. Mold Breaker Excadrill also 6-0'd this team if Garchomp was sufficiently weakened, and I found it difficult to conserve his health. I couldn't exactly switch out Garchomp for Landorus-T either, because then I lacked a real way to kill off Ferrothorn and Scizor.
:
->

Time for a set change: Jirachi became ScarfRachi. This was done because Weavile alone still made my team relatively slow, as stuff like Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Manectric, and Mega Sceptile could do what they wanted. Because my team lacks a Stallbreaker and relies on Weavile, Diancie, and Latios to break through, the Healing Wish support (they get worn down) and the Trick support (makes their job easier) are useful.
->

Rotom-W was changed to Slowbro, as it did two things: it provided Thunder Wave speed control, while still handling Excadrill – only this time, Mold Breaker was no problemo. Because this team has less of a defensive backbone and focuses more on immediate power, the speed control gives me the upper hand vs. enemy Hyper Offense and enemy Balanced teams. The second thing Slowbro did was actually have longevity, given the Regenerator Slowbro has. I tried the Calm Mind set so that I could have an easier time versus Stall and have a win condition versus weakened teams, and I had trouble deciding which one I wanted. I went with Thunder Wave version, but I'm still questioning my life decisions.​

Team descriptions

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire Earth Power
- Protect

The one and only set you'll ever see in OU. The barren wasteland called Diancie's movepool doesn't let you do anything else.

Ordinarily I'd go with HP Fire, as it is critical to take out Ferrothorn and Scizor, some of Diancie's more threatening checks. However, because I had Fire Blast Garchomp, I was less worried. Thus I needed Earth Power's ability to take out Mega Metagross and Jirachi much more easily. Plus I hate losing Speed ties.

Note I am using a Hasty, not a Naive, nature on Diancie. The reason for this is because I have other people to take physical attacks alongside Diancie, and I wanted that little bit of SpD to help deal with enemy fast Electrics better.

This brings me to my first question: Should I use Max Attack is on Diancie? I require a way to get past Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Clefable, and Chansey. Besides, what KOs am I missing out on if I run max SpA? Well I guess Hippowdon, but I have Slowbro for that.

Why I chose it: Two reasons: a) It's cute and pretty. b) I chose it at random.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

I was considering Toxic for a time, as it helps me out vs. bulky waters, which this team had difficulty with. However, this would mean I didn't really have a way to take out Steel-types or setup sweepers, thus I decided to roll with Fire Blast.

Why I chose it: Stops Bisharp, Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and enemy flyers, making Diancie's job easier. Also phases Calm Mind users, allowing for a late-game 1v1 scenario with Latios (beats them 1v1).

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

RNG on speed. Literally too.

Provides very important speed control and gives a way to deal with enemy Fairies, and enemy Weavile too.

Note: this is very important. This does not have Heart Stamp or Fire Punch, and Trick instead? Why, you may ask? Well, I saw little reason for either, seeing as Heart Stamp has somewhat limited coverage and Fire Blast from Garchomp was enough for the Steel-types. Additionally, I was already having a rough time versus the Stall, so Trick is always welcome.

Trick can be used to disable a defensive stalwart on the enemy team, e.g. enemy Slowbro or Cresselia. Just don't Trick carelessly, as you may need the speed. Trick is pretty underused, and I think it's quite useful.

Why I chose it: Three reasons: a) it's cute. b) provides speed control, so I can f### around with stuff like Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl. c) gives out support despite being mostly a revenge killer, be it with Healing Wish or be it with Trick. Trick in particular screws up setup sweepers, so my aequoaminophobia (latin for "fear of Calm Mind") is helped out. And yes I used Google Translate.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Handles the stuff Garchomp cannot: Mega Lopunny, Landorus-T, and some versions of Mega Medicham and Mega Metagross.

Another critical component of this teammate is Slowbro's Thunder Wave, which is another way I control my opponent's speed. Given that my main wallbreakers, Weavile, Latios, and Diancie, all have really bad speed tiers, so Thunder Wave rectifies that. Thunder Wave also forms part 2 of my ParaFlinch core with Jirachi, meaning that my enemies will be cursing the RNG.

Why I chose it: Helps Garchomp handle enemy Fighters, and Scald in particular burns the foe so Garchomp will be taking less damage. Also provides Thunder Wave support to help out

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick/Poison Jab

Adorable little rascal likes to bully them Psychic-types. Am I the only one who thinks Weavile is cute?

This is another part I'm actually needing help with: Should I use Poison Jab or Low Kick? It's a compromise between Clefable and Steel-types. I'm leaning more towards Low Kick because Garchomp alone is somewhat meh versus Steel-types, but at the same time, I need to take out Clefable and fast.

Why I chose it: a) I think it's cute. b) it is annoying versus enemy teams in general. c) helps out vs. the Stall

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Handsome dragon has really been hit hard by the power creep. 80/80/110 bulk isn't very impressive anymore, Psychic-type could be a more useful Fairy-type, and 110 Speed is rather slow. Still finds use in modern days miraculously.

Roost is chosen because I need to check multiple mons at once with Latios. I have to deal with Mega Manectric, Breloom, Raikou, the whole spectrum. Thus I want to avoid being worn down.

This is the third part I'm having difficulty with: Should I use Thunderbolt? I have no real way of dealing with Bulky Waters, but Psyshock's status as a STAB move means I can do more damage to a wider range of targets. I'm kinda stuck.

Why I chose it: a) I think it's handsome. b) provides Defog support, which is needed as I have Weavile on my team. c) checks Breloom, whom I have difficulty handling at the current moment, and d) checks stuff like Mega Charizard Y, Volcanion, Mega Manectric, etc.​

• How I Speed control
    • Thunder Wave from Slowbro
    • Weavile and Jirachi
  • Ways of dealing with Stall
    • Knock Off from Weavile
    • Trick from Jirachi
    • Note: It is imperative that Chansey be eliminated as soon as possible. Stall is otherwise easy if the enemy didn't bring Chansey or if Chansey is down.
  • Ways to deal with Calm Mind sweepers
    • Note: Calm Mind Sweepers will take out any unprepared team, so that's why I'm putting them here despite them being a relatively obscure threat
    • Knock Off from Weavile
    • Trick from Jirachi
  • Means of pivoting
    • U-turn from Jirachi
    • Double switching from Slowbro
  • Miscellaneous
    • ParaFlinch core: Slowbro and Jirachi
    • Physical wall core: Garchomp and Slowbro
    • Pseudo-Special wall core: Latios and Jirachi
    • Offensive core: Diancie, Jirachi, Weavile, Latios
    • Stallbreaking core: Jirachi and Weavile
    • Anti-bird spam: Diancie and Garchomp
    • NOTE: Slowbro can multitask because of Regenerator, and Latios and Jirachi are imperfect as special walls because neither have EVs invested in bulk. Weavile can multitask because its switch-ins are Infernape, Bisharp, Keldeo, Azumarill, and Clefable, none of whom like to lose their item or take a Low Kick to the face. Poison Jab also helps out versus Azumarill and Clefable.
  • Team roles
    • Diancie: Wallbreaker, bird-spam check
    • Weavile: Wallbreaker, anti-Stall, speed control
    • Jirachi: Healing Wish, Trick, speed control
    • Slowbro: Speed control, helps Garchomp tank, Scald burns means enemy takes less damage
    • Garchomp: Chip damage, physical wall, Stealth Rock, bird-spam check
    • Latios: Defog, Wallbreaker, Electric check

Combat Guide

It is recommended that you apply as much pressure as possible, and try not to stay in with Garchomp or Slowbro too often. Because certain enemies will be a pain to deal with, you'll have to rely on offensive pressure and try not to give them too much slack.

That said, it should be noted that you're in for a rough time versus Stall. Because this team does not have a Stallbreaker, you'll have to rely on brute force versus Stall. Lie down until you see a chance for you to Knock Off Chansey's Eviolite, or weaken it and force it out repeatedly to the point where Chansey can be 2HKO'd by some attack. Trick is also extremely helpful, as after taking Chansey's Eviolite, you can give it to Quagsire or something. Just watch out for incoming Sableye and Weavile. Conserve Latios as best as you can, as Chansey is the main mon that stands in your way (besides Doublade), so after taking out Chansey, you can start picking off the enemy team bit by bit. ParaFlinch from Slowbro + Jirachi also helps you wear down the enemy.

Other than that, it's the usual: scout for information via Team Preview, scout for information whenever you can in the actual battle (don't get careless, safe scouting opportunities in Pokémon are fairly rare), make smart double switches and predictions, plan ahead and for the late-game, choose the correct lead (please don't lead with Diancie 100% of the time, it can really slaughter your momentum if you do it wrong), and don't use this team if you don't like it.

Watch out for Calm Mind users (aka Suicune and Slowbro), and bop it with Dragon Tail or Knock Off their a##es.

Annoying Enemies

Weavile is the most annoying. It can't come in for free versus anything, so you're most likely gonna see it when it's trying to revenge kill or the enemy is making some kinda prediction. Jirachi can RK it (or come in on an Icicle Crash), and Diancie can 1v1 it if Diancie isn't too wounded.

Kyurem-B has no switch-ins versus this team, but thankfully you can RK it, and like Weavile, it doesn't find switch-in opportunities unless the enemy makes some kinda prediction.

Azumarill has, again, no switch-ins, but you can handle the Belly Drum set if Garchomp and Latios are still alive. Azumarill also finds limited switch-in opportunities, so you're safe there.

Chansey is annoying, as its Eviolite gives it formidable bulk on both sides of the spectrum. Eliminating the Eviolite is the top priority – be it Trick or be it Knock Off. FlinchHax also helps out if neither Trick nor Knock Off is an option, or you can take advantage of it, as Chansey is passive. However, do not let it get off too many Seismic Tosses, as those deal a lot of damage. Why Game Freak thought giving it Seismic Toss was a good idea, I don't know.

A certain Mega Charizard X set. Adamant Charizard-X can OHKO Slowbro w/ Outrage if it's at +1. However, just RK it with Diancie while it's stuck in Outrage.

Clefable to some extent. Team has no real way to break through, except for Diancie and Jirachi. Tricking Clefable also really impairs what it can do.

Gengar has no reliable switch-ins versus this team, but thankfully you can RK it with Jirachi or Diancie. Slowbro's Thunder Wave or Psyshock also helps immensely.

Hippowdon to some extent. It can stand up to this team's attempts to pound it, but Trick really messes it up, and Draco Meteor pounds it into the pavement, like how I sent my car into the garage when I first learned to drive.

Klefki to some extent. Diancie and Garchomp eliminate it if it has no Magnet Rise. Latios can mitigate the damage done with Defog. Slowbro can wear it down with Scald.

Mega Manectric to some extent. Latios hates HP Ice, and so do I. It can't switch into anything, but it's still annoying. And incredibly ugly.

A certain Mega Medicham set. Medicham w/ Thunder Punch is quite frightening. In particular, a HJK-Bullet Punch-Thunder Punch-Ice Punch set is pretty much made specifically to counter this team. Jirachi can flinchhax this ugly bhenchod, and Thunder Wave from Slowbro lets it wear it down with Scald. Fun fact: If Diancie is at +1 Defense, then it can survive a Bullet Punch from Mega Medicham. It saved my life once.

Mega Metagross is a top threat, and I'm honestly somewhat skeptical as to why it's not in A+ and why Diancie is in A+ instead. You'll have to deal with it on a per-set basis. Meteor Mash-Ice Punch-Thunder Punch/Grass Knot-Bullet Punch is pretty much meant specifically to counter my team, but you can wear it down with Garchomp on predicted Bullet Punches.

Raikou to some extent. Shadow Ball is really annoying as it can take out Latios. You'll have to rely on chip damage from Stealth Rock or RK with Weavile, Jirachi, or Diancie if Diancie isn't too wounded.

A certain Slowbro set. CM Slowbro is annoying. Sets up on stuff like Latios. Thunderbolt from Latios isn't enough. Knock it Off repeatedly with Weavile, or phase w/ Dragon Tail. Trick also really screws it up.

Thundurus is annoying to the extreme. Conserve Diancie's or Latios's health for this madman, unless for some insane reason the guy using Thundurus is crazy enough to give it HP Flying. Bop it with Weavile too. What is that black thing underneath his fine mustache anyway? His mouth?

Importable

Note that I have redacted nicknames. If you want nicknames, try telling me on a day I'm in a good mood. Personally I think people should use their own nicknames and not someone else's, unless it's implied or explicitly stated that they're okay with it.

Also, note that there are slashes in this, so you'll have to make a decision as to which move you want.

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe // 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick/Poison Jab

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, nice team. Looking at your threat list, I agree, Mega Manectric is a huge problem for the team as nothing on your team can come in on its STABs or coverage moves, including Latios, which is 2HKOed by HP Ice after Stealth Rocks. In addition, you don't have much of a check to it either except Latios. Raikou can be pretty annoying too, because like Manectric, nothing on your team can come in on its coverage(Latios is 2HKOed by Shadow Ball), and your only real check to it is full health Garchomp or Weavile. Suicune is annoying to the build as well because after a couple of Calm Mind boosts, your only way of dealing with it is by tricking Jirachi's Choice Scarf. Choice Band Azumarill is very annoying due to the lack of switch-ins to its coverage after Stealth Rocks are up. You also don't have many checks to it as well if you're Low Kick over Poison Jab on Weavile and Psyshock over Thunderbolt on Latios.

My first suggestion will be to replace Weavile with Tangrowth. With an Assault Vest, Tangrowth can switch into Raikou as well as Mega Manectric's attacks as handle them both. An Overheat from Manectric is a little bit provocative, but with Regenerator, you can pivot between Latios and Tangrowth to cope with Mega Manectric. In addition, what's awesome about Tangrowth is that it has access to Earthquake, allowing it to beat Calm Mind Raikous 1v1 as well. While Tangrowth cannot switch into a Choice Banded Play Rough from Azumarill, with its grass coverage, it's still a much better check to it than Weavile. In addition, with Slowbro and Jirachi to handle the common Psychic types in the metagame, I don't think Weavile is really that necessary. Furthermore, HP Fire on Tangrowth gives your team another reliable check to Ferrothorn(the other being Garchomp).

Second, I'd go Calm Mind Latios>Defog Latios. With the Keldeo replacement, Stealth Rocks aren't that big of an issue. In addition, CM Latios is an excellent CroCune check, taking minimal damage from Scald after some Calm Mind boosts and hitting CroCune on the physical defense side with Psyshock, beating it 1v1. In addtion, CM Latios is just a great wallbreaker overall and can help you deal with defensive cores such as Quagsire+Chansey+Sableye/Venusaur.

Lastly, I'd go HP Fire>Earth Power on Diancie to hit Scizors and Ferrothorns for Super Effective damage, allowing Latios to put in some more work against your opponent's team. While Earth Power does hit Heatran for Super effective damage, with Garchomp, Slowbro, and AV Tangrowth which can take a Fire Blast, ground coverage on Diancie seems redundant.

OTHER OPTIONS
Finally, with my suggestions, I don't think Healing Wish on Jirachi is really necessary. Normally, Healing Wish is used on offensive Pokemon/win conditions and with Slowbro and Tangrowth on the team, 2 Regenerator Pokemon, the only Pokemon you could really Healing Wish into are CM Latios and Mega Diancie. Because CM Latios can be a win condition at times, I think Healing Wish is ok. However, if you feel like you're vulnerable to Mega Scizor, you can replace Healing Wish with Fire Punch on Jirachi.

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Fire Punch / Healing Wish

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey man, nice team. Looking at your threat list, I agree, Mega Manectric is a huge problem for the team as nothing on your team can come in on its STABs or coverage moves, including Latios, which is 2HKOed by HP Ice after Stealth Rocks. In addition, you don't have much of a check to it either except Latios. Raikou can be pretty annoying too, because like Manectric, nothing on your team can come in on its coverage(Latios is 2HKOed by Shadow Ball), and your only real check to it is full health Garchomp or Weavile. Suicune is annoying to the build as well because after a couple of Calm Mind boosts, your only way of dealing with it is by tricking Jirachi's Choice Scarf. Choice Band Azumarill is very annoying due to the lack of switch-ins to its coverage after Stealth Rocks are up. You also don't have many checks to it as well if you're Low Kick over Poison Jab on Weavile and Psyshock over Thunderbolt on Latios.

My first suggestion will be to replace Weavile with Tangrowth. With an Assault Vest, Tangrowth can switch into Raikou as well as Mega Manectric's attacks as handle them both. An Overheat from Manectric is a little bit provocative, but with Regenerator, you can pivot between Latios and Tangrowth to cope with Mega Manectric. In addition, what's awesome about Tangrowth is that it has access to Earthquake, allowing it to beat Calm Mind Raikous 1v1 as well. While Tangrowth cannot switch into a Choice Banded Play Rough from Azumarill, with its grass coverage, it's still a much better check to it than Weavile. In addition, with Slowbro and Jirachi to handle the common Psychic types in the metagame, I don't think Weavile is really that necessary. Furthermore, HP Fire on Tangrowth gives your team another reliable check to Ferrothorn(the other being Garchomp).

Second, I'd go Calm Mind Latios>Defog Latios. With the Keldeo replacement, Stealth Rocks aren't that big of an issue. In addition, CM Latios is an excellent CroCune check, taking minimal damage from Scald after some Calm Mind boosts and hitting CroCune on the physical defense side with Psyshock, beating it 1v1. In addtion, CM Latios is just a great wallbreaker overall and can help you deal with defensive cores such as Quagsire+Chansey+Sableye/Venusaur.

Lastly, I'd go HP Fire>Earth Power on Diancie to hit Scizors and Ferrothorns for Super Effective damage, allowing Latios to put in some more work against your opponent's team. While Earth Power does hit Heatran for Super effective damage, with Garchomp, Slowbro, and AV Tangrowth which can take a Fire Blast, ground coverage on Diancie seems redundant.

OTHER OPTIONS
Finally, with my suggestions, I don't think Healing Wish on Jirachi is really necessary. Normally, Healing Wish is used on offensive Pokemon/win conditions and with Slowbro and Tangrowth on the team, 2 Regenerator Pokemon, the only Pokemon you could really Healing Wish into are CM Latios and Mega Diancie. Because CM Latios can be a win condition at times, I think Healing Wish is ok. However, if you feel like you're vulnerable to Mega Scizor, you can replace Healing Wish with Fire Punch on Jirachi.

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Fire Punch / Healing Wish

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Good luck!
Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for dropping by and leaving your second opinion. I wasn't expecting such an insightful response, let alone a fairly rapid one. So thanks man. (Sorry for late reply, I had some extended business to take care of.)

I do agree with your rate for the most part. Where I don't agree, however, is Calm Mind Latios. I would consider it mandatory to have hazard removal of some sort, given that Spikes really takes its toll, and Stealth Rock too if the game really drags on (e.g. in a match vs. Stall).

I really would consider it important to have Defog or Rapid Spin because minimizing chip damage is super important. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, I understand that your rate was aimed at alleviating my worries (aka my worries with CroCune, Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Calm Mind Slowbro), which you did. So you did your job, and thanks again for that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)