Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been exit polls off that have favored Clinton and she ended up not gaining as much support of them and so on. Exit polls are unreliable anyways (Kerry would've won 2004 if they were accurate!) they're just a way of trying to guess the vote.

The AZ are also REPUBLICANS trying to keep Democrats from voting across the state (hence why it's in Maricopa county aka the county with the most hispanics who tend to vote Democrat)

Early voting also tends to favor Clinton too since the majority of early voters are older people.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/63039...n-hall-libertarian-partys-presidential-ticket

Big news for Team Gov.

"The Libertarian Party's presidential nominee Gary Johnson and his running mate Bill Weld will make their first appearance on primetime television next week in a CNN-hosted town hall. The network announced Wednesday that the event will be moderated by Chris Cuomo and held next Wednesday at 9 p.m. in New York City."

Last edited:
And just as soon, the page is deleted. And I have no idea who the GOP would anoint, but I know he or she would be little better.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/06/21/rel7b.-.2016.general.pdf

New CNN National Poll. Jill Stein is now polling nationally at 7%, her highest number prior to this poll was 5%. Gary Johnson remains at the 9% he has been at anytime Jill Stein is included in the polls (though his highest polling number nationally was 12% in a Fox News national poll.)

Note:

- 15% in five national polls would allow a 3rd Party candidate to participate in the televised Presidential debates with the Democratic & Repubican party nominees.

- 5% of the vote for a 3rd Party candidate in the General Election would qualify a 3rd Party for federal funds.

- Gary Johnson is expected to be on the ballot in all 50 states. Jill Stein is expected to be on the ballot in 47 states.

Last edited:
god damn Johnson I'm more libertarian and I want to vote for you but stop being so centered and stop praising Hillary holy crap. I swear to god if all you do is take votes from Trump and let that bitch Hillary win I'm going to be mad.

god damn Johnson I'm more libertarian and I want to vote for you but stop being so centered and stop praising Hillary holy crap. I swear to god if all you do is take votes from Trump and let that bitch Hillary win I'm going to be mad.
Tbf, in Johnson's and Weld's defense in that Town Hall, they are on Clinton News Network. Had they gone the negative route the moderator may have stayed just asking about that longer and derailing away form the actual issues. With that said, Johnson is taking even support from both Hillary and Trump.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/16/gary-johnson-taking-the-same-support-fro

http://disinfo.com/2010/11/debunked-the-myth-that-ralph-nader-cost-al-gore-the-2000-election/
http://www.leinsdorf.com/perot.htm

It seems every year any time a 3rd Party candidate gets support everyone wants to point the blame at them for the candidate they didn't like getting elected as President. Green Party candidate Ralph Nader didn't cost Al Gore anything but a more embarrassing one-sided lost to George W. Bush in 2000. Much like Independent Ross Perot didn't cost George H.W. Bush anything but a more embarrassing one-sided lost to Bill Clinton in 1992. The only thing that will give Donald Trump the White House in 2016 or Hillary Clinton the White House in 2016 is either one being horrible candidates. Donald Trump has no one blame but himself if he can't attract more voters with how many demographics he has alienated. Hillary Clinton has no one to blame but herself if she can't attract the Bernie Sanders crowd, she can attract the black, Hispanic, & LGBTQ demographics but she can't attract Bernie voters? Hillary has no one to blame but herself.

Reactions: JES

Illusio

Bold and Brash
http://disinfo.com/2010/11/debunked-the-myth-that-ralph-nader-cost-al-gore-the-2000-election/

It seems every year any time a 3rd Party candidate gets support everyone wants to point the blame at them for the candidate they didn't like getting elected as President. Green Party candidate Ralph Nader didn't cost Al Gore anything but a more embarrassing one-sided lost to George W. Bush in 2000. Much like Independent Ross Perot didn't cost George H.W. Bush anything but a more embarrassing one-sided lost to Bill Clinton in 1992. The only thing that will give Donald Trump the White House in 2016 or Hillary Clinton the White House in 2016 is either one being horrible candidates. Donald Trump has no one blame but himself if he can't attract more voters with how many demographics he has alienated. Hillary Clinton has no one to blame but herself if she can't attract the Bernie Sanders crowd, she can attract the black, Hispanic, & LGBTQ demographics but she can't attract Bernie voters? Hillary has no one to blame but herself.
The difference here is that neither Nader nor Perot won a state in their campaigns. Johnson has a good chance of winning Utah, and could possibly win other red states that hate Trump, which gives Johnson a good chance to act at least as a spoiler, if not a major candidate.

jrp

Banned deucer.

A strong third party candidate historically has the ability to affect the outcomes of elections though. I don't believe that it will occur here because Gary Johnson has the unique ability to pull voters from both sides, but there is enough data to suggest that Nader didn't exactly help out Al Gore's chances at all

I just realized that despite how huge the Internet is and how many Trump supporters there are, there might not be a single piece of content anywhere where someone tries to lay out an intelligently articulated argument for how his policies will benefit the US.

I google'd and could find nothing
Then you don't search well or you're choosing not to look.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NiskeyGames/videos That's one channel off the bat when you search for reasons.

I can say the same for Hillary and Bernie bots are sure as hell emotional. Except I can see a few if I searched properly. Also when the groups of the people against Trump who are most vocal call their supporters fascists or whatever the videos are going to be more about defending positions and getting emotional over anything else.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/user/NiskeyGames/videos That's one channel off the bat when you search for reasons.

I can say the same for Hillary and Bernie bots are sure as hell emotional. Except I can see a few if I searched properly. Also when the groups of the people against Trump who are most vocal call their supporters fascists or whatever the videos are going to be more about defending positions and getting emotional over anything else.

lol. Good source, I'm sure we're going to find pearls of wisdom on this channel.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I just realized that despite how huge the Internet is and how many Trump supporters there are, there might not be a single piece of content anywhere where someone tries to lay out an intelligently articulated argument for how his policies will benefit the US.

I google'd and could find nothing
Hi Chou!

The whole phenomena of Trump is a complete disruption of the status quo. Not many people are supporting him due to the content of his message. Because when was the last time politicians running on a substantive platform for President prudently executed their plans and promises to the benefit of a vast majority of people from different backgrounds of life? You have to go back at least 30 years. Obama ran on a very ambitious platform that failed to deliver better conditions for a large segment of the population. It's absolutely no surprise Hilary has been stalled greatly by an altered plan that Sanders presented. Yes, she has a lead now, due in large part to the Democratic coalition among minorities and spotty campaigning by Trump. Her message will never resonate above a certain level and her best chance of winning is getting the negatives up as high as she can on Trump and letting the minority vote sail her past the finish line. That doesn't mean she will be a good president (and that's not to advocate a Trump presidency as well).

Basically, we shouldn't expect anything but more of the same. It's not a very optimistic day when you have valid reasons for finding both of the major candidates unworthy of the office. At some point in our history, the focus of politics became less about what we can do as people and more about pathetic rhetoric, uncompromising ideas, and a lack of ethics to the detriment of us all. Another thing our generation doesn't seem to fully appreciate yet that our parents or grandparents generation did is that change comes from the people. We have to live to respect one another and help out your neighbors. It takes more than laws to run a country. I think a lot of people want that back -- both on the left and the right for different reasons.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I don't want to watch a YouTube video; I wanted to read a thoughtful, well-organized piece of writing. I found a few that talked about Trump's qualities, but none about his policies.

Bernie you can obviously find a LOT of pieces speculating the good and bad of his policies because his campaign was all about them, and he pushed the envelope. Hillary, I also couldn't find much-- the writings about her policy stances tend to be written only by comparison to Bernie's.

However, that's in part because her stances are more mundane and we all kind of know or think we know what they'll do (or are not too interested in doing a deep analysis).

With a protest candidate like Trump with as many followers as he does, I thought I'd find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)