The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 1 (Read post #402)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think last night could have been avoided if you didn't ask to play at midnight your time then bring hyperstall...

Secondly, asking for a tie then because alastor left to go feed his kitty, but because noone turned off the timer / alastor timed out because of this, your players feel the need to ask for the win afterwards in what would seem to be a desperate attempt to really, how should i put it, "screw alastor over", that is an obvious show of shit sportsmanship especially when you manufactured the whole situation.

I've got an easy solution; rematch, new teams, play it at a reasonable hour during the day, don't be such a cunt about scheduling. Then we can all move on with our lives and hopefully you'll learn something from this.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
i find leaving in the middle of a battle and using a line that nobody cared about for 300+ turns as an argument kinda worse sportmanship than taking the win because the opponent left when no agreement has been made.

i mean if you look at the log, the greek dudes last statement clearly indicated that he wants to finish the battle and alastor law just left and even had the nerve to call him out afterwards. that's bad sportsmanship.

This is absolute nonsense.Alastor leaved the match after a stall war of 320 turns to feed his cat and my teammate didn't get the win.And you want us to believe that kind of excuse.Like his cat would have starved to death if he didn't feed it until the battle ended.There was a timer,a timer that my teammate didn't want at first but was forced to battle with and when his opponent ran out of time he should have got the win.If Asuka had ran out of time he would have lost the game and Alastor would be here claiming that he won the john named Asuka.Also,the fact that my teammate asked for a draw doesn't mean that he asked for a rematch.He didn't get it when he asked it but only after he won the game.The whole reasoning of the rematch is based on something that was practically rejected by his opponent and was recalled only when he had lost the game.This is at least irrational and I can't really understand how such a decision was taken.This would only make sense if my teammate had put on the timer after Alastor left and that simply didn't happen.As a team,we have put a huge effort to be competitive in this tournament when most of the community expected us to have the worst record and it's very unfair to have wins taken away based on such nonsense.Btw,someone should give Alastor the John of the year award.What he did is at least ridiculous considering that he was constantly blaming Asuka for johning before the game.Hypocrisy at its best.

Sakis

Banned deucer.
I can't help but think last night could have been avoided if you didn't ask to play at midnight your time then bring hyperstall...

Secondly, asking for a tie then because alastor left to go feed his kitty, but because noone turned off the timer / alastor timed out because of this, your players feel the need to ask for the win afterwards in what would seem to be a desperate attempt to really, how should i put it, "screw alastor over", that is an obvious show of shit sportsmanship especially when you manufactured the whole situation.

I've got an easy solution; rematch, new teams, play it at a reasonable hour during the day, don't be such a cunt about scheduling. Then we can all move on with our lives and hopefully you'll learn something from this.
okay , if that is bad sportmanship what is dropping a 320 turn game that was pretty much won by our side and actually have the guts to ask for a rematch ? I find your lack of being objective quite amusing. I try not to be biased but i think that what you guys are doing is wrong , this isnt one sided both sides are at a fault and you do have to remember that Alastor having to go started all this to begin with , he also agreed to play this game so he should be commited to this. I m not saying he cant feed his kitten, ofc he can but that doesnt change the fact that him having to go made all this an issue. Ofc this is life and things like that happen but what about his opponent that wasted 2 hours in this along with him ? Asking for a rematch with chansey only having 4 softboiled and sableye pp stalled while asuk4 didnt need pp on sableye since he had wish passers is just amaizing. After sab was gone Alastor just lost to hazzards and status because chansey was also getting out of softboiled. But anyway i consider this irrelevant and stay on the attitude. You cant be that biased because this matter was 2 sided. That being said if anything i ask for a recreation of the battle as a solution , i dont think a new battle would be fair for us although im pretty sure Asuk4 doesnt want to play at all at this point and i cant blame him tbh.

Last edited:

They were playing a game and Alastor asked to leave to feed his kitten. He just asked to leave a game and rematch when there was no real emergency (feeding the kitten? come on, let's be serious) and Asuk4 never agreed. And Asuk4 was at fault for playing stall at midnight? Are you kidding? Asuk4 never asked to stop playing even though he was tired, he wanted to finish the game and after turn 320 Alastor Law all of a sudden says he "has to" leave to feed his kitten and has the right to demand a rematch (yes, demand is the right word because Asuk4 never agreed to a rematch). As I said, if Asuk4 wants to rematch fine but if he doesn't want to then what? Have there not been abortion/timeout wins given in this tournament before? Or does feeding the kitten count as an emergency that justifies aborting?

Are you serious? He was asking for a draw. Alastor implicitly agreed to this.

If you don't want to actually play the game and try and take a free win in a game where you can't really predict the outcome you are scum.

What is the point in trying to avoid a game when you signed up to this tournament to play games and win. Seriously if this is your shit attitude why the fuck are you in this cup?

^ I 100% agree. Unfortunately that's not how things work here as exactly one game before that a greek player lost to battle timeout and was denied a re-enactment in also a 6-5 situation. While it was evident he was lagging no effort at taking the battle timeout off was undertaken. This was also in like turn 5 and not 320. What the greek team is pressing for is simply the universal implementation of the tournament rules.

Last edited:

Sakis

Banned deucer.

If you don't want to actually play the game and try and take a free win in a game where you can't really predict the outcome you are scum.

What is the point in trying to avoid a game when you signed up to this tournament to play games and win. Seriously if this is your shit attitude why the fuck are you in this cup?
Lol are you retarded ? "cant predict the outcome" LOL this is what gets me crazy. People expressing their stupid and biased opinions. Stall battles are based on math assuming both people knew what they were doing and my answer to this was also based on math if you are too blind to see it then dont shit talk about it LOL. I literally explained my pov and at this point there was nothing that could be done to avoid that outcome. Avoiding the battle is not the point here my simple minded friend. The point here is that you guys are being biased about it try to badmouth my team mate without a proper reason and on top of that you mock our clear advantage in this game and that Alastor was the one that actually left the game. Why am i even explaining this to you tho lol im just wasting my time. There is no way someone as biased and blind would actually get reasoned

Reactions: Laz

Alastor said nothing.You say that he agreed but I can say that he didn't because he actually said nothing.That's how solid your argument is.And as far as I am concerned we have played 20 games(21 with the one yesterday) so far,more than any other team in this tournament.We also lost a game due to timer yesterday and rightly so,since our player ran out of time.Rules can't change depending on player's demands.Because,practically,that's what you're asking for.So,the next time you decide to insult the whole team's attitude you must know what you're talking about.

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
Rulings

On... Disconnecting and timing out drama

Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour a move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Eo and Oglemi, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% pokemon and your opponent is at last pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).
~ Aldaron
Just if it counts, I sent my team to Eo 1 or 2 days before the battle, so if it happens that my case is a timeout with no clear winner (which it is) I hope that this is taken into consideration (plus Asuka did not send his team). This was a very unique scenario and I apologize for the inconveniences, but the truth is as well that I took the time that I promised when I went to feed my cat (10 to 15 minutes). Given that the battle was starting to come to an end, he could have waited just a bit, specially after agreeing to play without timer, never mind if we didn't stop it during the battle (that's why I called him out).

I guess that the best option for us is to rematch with different teams and stop the drama as many have already pointed out, because the aim of these tours at the end of the day is to play games and not trying to get wins from scenarios that are not bounded to the game.

Last edited:

If I was in Asuk4's shoes I'd most likely agree to a rematch personally but if I was in Alastor's shoes I'd ask for a rematch but I'd take what's coming if i didn't get it because I'd be the one who asked for the abortion. Asuk4 has every right to ask for the win if he wants to as far as I'm concerned regardless if I'd do it or not if i were in his shoes. And the "let's finish all the games" argument is also invalid because there have been timeout wins before. If the admins delete the results of all matches that ended in timeout and have them redone then OK that's also fair.

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The following is my personal opinion/my knowledges of the rules, but it does not reflect the TD position as of now.

Just if it counts, I sent my team to Eo 1 or 2 days before the battle, so if it happens that my case is a timeout with no clear winner (which it is)
No, sending the team protects you from disconnection. Not from timing out.

That's also irrelevant to the specific scenario. Even by playing stall, it is usually fair to assume a game won't last for more than three hours (I know, it was only two hours, but you know it could have easily lasted one more, and I'm pretty sure the whole kitty thing was irrelevant if it was a matter of minutes)

(yes, demand is the right word because Asuk4 never agreed to a rematch).
Asuk4 did demand a rematch by offering the draw. Not knowing the rules of the tour you're playing in (even in cases as specific as how draws are handled) is not a valid reason to withdraw the offer, especially after the time out. If Asuk4 didn't offer the draw, Alastor would have made a choice between forfeiting the battle of dodging his rl commitment towards the kitty. But with the draw offer, Asuk4 removed the need for said choice, effectively leading Alastor to the time out.

My only doubt could be: "was the battle in a position where requesting the draw is fair", ie "should the TDs allow the draw". In my sense we should (and available TDs were agreeing yesterday), but I guess we need to discuss it before the final call.

Tele

a quality human being
as much as id want uk to win (and therefore alastor) and greece to lose becos that would increase my team's chances to make plaoyffs i think this is yet another very inconsistent decision made by the tders.

i think the whole argument "we are here to play games and have fun" is blatantly false. for example a similar thing happened last year in a match between pokeaim and improbable. aim was in a unlosable position yet he asked for the timer to be stopped becos the "door was ringing", but his opponent did not accept and took the win, altough they both submitted their teams.

i dont see why this game should be threated any differently than past cases. again ill be very happy if a rematch takes place and alastor wins becos thats the best scenario for my team.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
as much as id want uk to win (and therefore alastor) and greece to lose becos that would increase my team's chances to make plaoyffs i think this is yet another very inconsistent decision made by the tders.

i think the whole argument "we are here to play games and have fun" is blatantly false. for example a similar thing happened last year in a match between pokeaim and improbable. aim was in a unlosable position yet he asked for the timer to be stopped becos the "door was ringing", but his opponent did not accept and took the win, altough they both submitted their teams.

i dont see why this game should be threated any differently than past cases. again ill be very happy if a rematch takes place and alastor wins becos thats the best scenario for my team.
You answered your question in your own post.

you all realise that the only reason this happens is because every single one of you is biased against team greece?
every1 is so salty that we are doing so well its so funny. The only reason i joined smogtours yesterday to play is because dragon asked me to play this asap.
i will ask you a quetion ppl , what would happen if i timed out for the same reason alastor did?
He would have taken the win, so please for the love of god shut the fuck up , thnx.
Tadarinri timed out too but ofc he ultimately lost, given that , TIME OUT = LOSS
I DEMAND the win , not asking it.
there wont be any rematch , at least on my side.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Hey French dude, GeeMick:

I won't be able to play on this Sunday until 8 PM my time (GMT-5). I won't be able to play at all on Saturday either because I will be hosting a drag lunch and then have a show to put on until 2 AM.

Let's play before Saturday pls. Just let me know in here. I'm free weekdays after 6 PM my time.

People such as Vinc2612 have already used logic to show how the 2 timeout cases were different and why team UK is entirely justified in asking for a rematch, and yet team greece continue to ignore all reason and decide to declare that everyone hates them? What a joke, how about you use some actual arguments and prove why you should get the win despite your player blatantly agreeing to a draw then going back on it once he realised he could get a timer win (what an amazing human being).

Asuk4 did not accept a rematch. He offered a draw at first but since a draw is not possible but only a rematch he refused the rematch. He just wanted the battle to end then and there whatever the result. if a draw was possible he'd still take it even now but not a rematch. That's what I make out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)