Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Arbok-Mega
Ability: Contaminate (Poison-ate)
Typing: Poison / Steel
Stats: 60 / 125 (+40) / 99 (+30) / 45 (-20) / 109 (+30) / 100 (+20) (538)
Movepool Additions: Extreme Speed and Iron Head.
Description: This mega is the ultimate stop to fairy types without Earthquake and can destroys stuff with the underrated poison typing. Added bulk and Intimidate let it set up and destroy opponents with Coil and Extreme Speed. Aqua Tail is recommended due to it defeating pesky Ground types, too.

Dunsparce-Mega
Ability: Multiscale
Typing: Normal
Stats: 100 / 105 (+35) / 105 (+35) / 100 (+35) / 100 (+35) / 5 (-40) (515)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Extreme Speed
Description: I'm taking the Snorlax approach here: The mega stone comes with a lifetime supply of fast food, and upon evolution Dunsparce becomes a big, fat jelly worm with very distinct scales poking out from everywhere. Flavour-wise, this justifies the Spe drops and allows Dunsparce to be a strong defensive or offensive Mon with great stats.

Seviper-Mega
Ability: Tenebrate (Dark Refrigerate)
Typing: Poison / Dark
Stats: 73 / 150 (+50) / 30 (-30) / 150 (+50) / 30 (-30) / 125 (+60) (558)
Movepool Additions: Extreme Speed and U-turn.
Description: Offensive glass cannon which reminds me of mega Beedrill. Very weak to priority but can run either offence powerfully.
You need to change it. the speed drop is too large on dunsparce and the defence drops on Seviper are also to large. you can take a maximum of 30 base stats maximum. we've decided to limit how low stat decreases can drop. As of now, a Pokemon's base stats can't be lowered by anymore than a total of 30 points. So you can't lower two stats by 20 points, one stat by 35 points, etc..., so try to make the best of a Pokemon's stats. This change will be added to the OP for future reference.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dunsparse-Mega
Ability: Unaware
Typing: Normal/Ghost
Stats:
100 -> 100
70 (+25) -> 95
70 (+35) -> 105
65 -> 65
65 (+40) -> 105
45 -> 45
Movepool Addition(s): Whirlwind, Heal Bell
Description: Dunsparse is now a Unaware phazing tank. Its the only Unaware user with access to phazing, which gives it a niche . Normal/Ghost is one of the best defensive typings in the game, and it abuses it well. Heal Bell provides it as a cleric. Its just nine times better than before.

Seviper-Mega
Ability: Sheer Force
Typing: Poison/Dark
Stats:
73 -> 73
100 (+30) -> 130
60 -> 60
100(+15) -> 115
60 -> 60
65 (+55) -> 120
Movepool Addition(s): Gunk Shot, Fire Blast
Description: Seviper is now a fast mixed attacker, with access to priority in Sucker Punch. Seviper finally gets Gunk Shot (how no one knew it didnt puzzles me) and access to Fire Blast, both of which are boosted by Sheer Force. 120 is a great speed tier for an offensive mon, and Pursuit access seals the deal.

Arbok-Mega
Ability: Regenerator
Typing: Poison/Ground
Stats:
60 -> 60
85 (+40) -> 125
69 (+20) -> 89
65 -> 65
79 (+30) -> 109
80 (+10) -> 90
Movepool Addition(s): U-Turn, Slack Off
Description: Arbok is the special tank it deserved to be. Poison/Ground is an underestimated defensive typing, with resistances to Fighting, Rock, Fairy and Bug and an immunity to Electric. This combined with Intimidate pre-mega and Regenerator allow it to check many threats.

Once again, if you didnt know, Seviper doesnt get Gunk Shot (but gets Pursuit)

canno

formerly The Reptile

Arbok Mega
Ability: Regenerator
Typing:

Stats: 60 / 130 (+45) / 69 (0) / 45 (-20) / 119 (+40) / 115 (+35) [BST 538 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot, Dragon Dance
Description (Competitive): With its cool typing and ability in Regenerator, Mega Arbok can serve as a powerful pivot on special attacks thanks to its relatively good SpDef. Parting Shot finished off its role as a pivot, as this allows it to swap in and out of battle, healing itself each time it uses it while softening up the opposition for whatever is coming in. Alternatively, you can go for a boosting route with either Coil or Dragon Dance to sweep the competition.

Dunsparce Mega
Typing:

Stats: 100 / 100 (+30) / 100 (+30) / 65 (0) / 115 (+50) / 35 (-10) [BST 515 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, ExtremeSpeed
Description (Competitive): Dunsparce now has usable 100/100/115 bulk and a powerful abiltiy in Multiscale, which pairs up well with its natural ability to learn Roost. It also has a new Normal / Fairy typing, and a STAB to go along with it, helping it become more durable. What really makes Dunsparce work in terms of a Coil set, however, is ExtremeSpeed, which makes up for its awful speed.

Ludicrousity

well, i came up with this slate, so i better win it. Just kidding, here are my ideas
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mega - Serviper
Ability: Shed Skin / Infiltrator -> Galvanate (Electric -Ate ability)
Typing: Poison -> Poison / Electric (I got inspiration from the yellow patches on it's head and body, surprisingly)

HP: 73 -> 73 (+0) (100 left)
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20) (80 left)
Defence: 60 -> 64 (+4) (76 left)
Special Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20) (56 left)
Special Defence: 60 -> 70 (+10) (46 left)
Speed: 65 -> 111 (+46) (0 left)

BST: 458 -> 558 (+100)

New Moves: Extreme Speed, Thunder Fang.
  • Has the same attack as Staraptor, Weavile and Mega Glalie
  • Has the same speed as Thundrus and Tornadus, and can edge out higher speed opponents with STAB Extreme Speed.
  • 8 Resistances (O_o)
  • 4x weakness to Ground, so an earthquake will take it out pretty easily
  • Good Attack and Special attack, so could be hard to predict.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mega - Dunsparce (Alpha)
Ability: Rattled / Run Away / Serene Grace -> Adaptability
Typing: Normal -> Normal / Psychic

HP: 100 -> 100 (+0) (100 left)
Attack: 70 -> 115 (+45) (55 left)
Defence: 70 -> 105 (+35) (20 left)
Special Attack: 65 -> 35 (-30) (50 left)
Special Defence: 65 -> 115 (+50) (0 left)
Speed: 45 -> 45 (+0) (0 left)

BST: 415 -> 515 (+100)

New Moves: Recover, Trick Room

• Steel is the only thing stopping its neutral coverage, and Dunsparce gets Earthquake anyway.
  • 115 base attack and Adaptability is pretty scary. and it has a STAB move with 30% chance flinch too.
  • Trick Room is a life saver on Dunsparce, 45 Speed is just pitiful.
  • only 2 weaknesses (Bug and Dark).
  • Average bulk with an average typing.

Dunsparce - Mega (Beta)
Ability: Rattled / Run Away / Serene Grace -> Multiscale
Typing: Normal -> Normal / Dragon

HP: 100 -> 100 (+0) (100 left)
Attack: 70 -> 40 (-30) (130 left)
Defence: 70 -> 90 (+20) (110 left)
Special Attack: 65 -> 90 (+25) (85 left)
Special Defence: 65 -> 100 (+35) (50 left)
Speed: 45 -> 95 (+50) (0 left)

BST: 415 -> 515 (+100)

New Moves: Dragon Pulse, Hyper Voice

• Multiscale and 100/90/100 is pretty good, when you compare it to Dragonite's 91/95/100.
  • STAB Dragon pulse and Hyper Voice.
  • 90 Base Speed puts it on par with Zangoose, Lucario and both Primal Legendaries.
  • Normal Dragon give it resitances to 4 types, whilst giving it 3 more weaknesses.
  • 90 special attack might not be the best, but you do get some decent bulk to set up with (Calm Mind makes this Pokemon a monster)

Arbok - Mega
Ability: Intimidate / Shed Skin / Unnerve -> Ground Growth (Clone of Lightningrod, raises attack, absorbs ground type attacks)
Typing: Poison -> Poison / Steel

HP: 60 -> 60 (+0) (100 left)Attack: 85 -> 125 (+40) (60 left)
Defence: 69 -> 97 (+28) (32 left)
Special Attack: 65 -> 35 (-30) (62 left) (0 left to take)
Special Defence: 79 -> 100 (+21) (41 left)
Speed: 80 -> 121 (+41) (0 left)

BST: 438 -> 538 (+100)

New Moves: Iron Head, Recover

• 2 weaknesses, one of which is negated by its ability
  • 6 2x resistances, 3 4x resistances and an imunity.
  • 125 attack and 121 speed is a dangerous combo. has the same attack as Meinshao and the same speed as Tornadus-Therain
  • With certain moves it can get 377 neutral hits and 423 super effective hits
  • Learns EQ which can counter Arbok - Mega's counter

QUICK NOTICE: I PUT UP 2 DUNSPARCE ON PURPOSE BECAUSE I COULDN'T DECIDE BETWEEN THEM. IF YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR ONE, PUT LUDICROUSITY (ALPHA)/(BETA) DEPENDING ON THE ONE THAT YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR
(Maybe this could become a thing on Megas for all)

Last edited:
Dunsparce-Mega
Ability: Lagging Time (Trick Room version of Drizzle/Drought/Snow Warning/Sand Stream)
Typing: Normal/Ground
Stats: 100 / 135 (+65) / 70 / 130 (+65) / 65 / 15 (-30) (515)
Movepool Additions: Land Power, Nasty Plot
Description: With only 30 Speed to remove, the are still sadly things that can outrun this thing. That said, you can hit hard and often first. Counter with a 'faster/slower' Pokemon, or use Priority. The strategy and niche speaks for itself.

Others to come later.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist

Mega Dunsparce
Typing: Normal/Dragon
Ability: Moxie
HP: 100 --> 100 (+0)
Atk: 70 --> 130 (+60)
Def: 70 --> 100 (+30)
SpA: 65 --> 35 (-30)
SpD: 65 --> 95 (+30)
Spe: 45 --> 55 (+10)
New Moves:
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Rush

Description: Reforcing the Tsuchinoko myths, Mega Dunsparce, now a lengthier dragon-like creature with actual wings, attacks by rolling forward while biting its now exaggerated tail drill, bringing in an idea of acceleration, propelled by both its new moves and its new ability. While Moxie isn't a much powerful ability, it can get some great use off of M-Dunsparce's good attack, which alongside Extreme Speed can make M-Dunsparce a great revenge killer even with low speed, and with solid defenses to use Coil, Moxie and even the ability to use Agility, this thing's stats can go through the roof! While Dragon Rush isn't at all the best Dragon move, it's probably the only flavorable one with Dunsparce, and can get some actual use thanks to Coil.

Mega Arbok
Typing: Poison
HP: 60
Atk: 85 --> 125
Def: 64 --> 84
SpA: 60
SpD: 79 --> 99
Spe: 80 --> 100
New Moves:
-Shadow Sneak

Description: Continuing as a pure Poison-type, Mega Arbok gains an excellent ability in Multiscale (plus Intimidate at base form) to use to patch up its defenses and give it room to use Coil, which alongside its solid even if lacking speed tier can make it a monster at late game, Shadow Sneak even allowing it to use priority against faster foes, even if with no STAB. Gunk Shot gets crazy good once its accuracy is patched up and Arbok also gets some really nice coverage, such as Earthquake and even Pursuit to use against plucky foes thinking they can flee from this cobra.

Mega Seviper
Ability: Strong Jaw
HP: 73
Atk: 100 --> 135
Def: 60
SpA: 100 --> 110
SpD: 60
Spe: 65 --> 120
New Moves:
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
(rip no thundy fang x_x)

Description: With some pretty straight forward buffs, Mega Seviper becomes way faster than its base form could ever dream for, and with a great new typing and Strong Jaw, Mega Seviper can use assets like Knock Off, 120 BP Crunch, Ice Fang and heck, even Poison Fang if feeling gutsy. Mega Seviper's biggest downfall would likely end up being 4-MSS, since alongside dual-stab, it'd probably want coverage Ice Fang, Coil, possibly Knock Off or Fire Fang, and to top it all of Protect, as it after all doesn't get its crazy speed boost in the turn it goes Mega.

Last edited:
Mega Dunsparce, now a lengthier dragon-like creature with actual wings
Its face is still derpy though, right? Because I would really love having this majestic, angelically-winged serpent with a ridiculously derpy face.

Although, at that point, it would go from looking derpy to looking wise. Which is also cool.

Seviper-Mega
Ability: Shed Skin / Infiltrator ----> Shadoate (Dark-type Aerilate clone)
Typing: Poison / Dark

Stats:

HP: 73
Attack: 100 ----> 130 (+30)
Defense: 60 ----> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 80 (-20)
Special Defense: 60 ----> 110 (+50)
Speed: 65 ----> 85 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 458 ----> 558
Movepool Additions: Extreme Speed, Bulk Up
Description: You could go with a straight sweep with E-Speed, or you can bait a switch and set up Bulk Up.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Its face is still derpy though, right? Because I would really love having this majestic, angelically-winged serpent with a ridiculously derpy face.
Hehe, I actually forgot to mention that it continued being a chubby derp snake (since the Tsuchinoko is still essentially that).

024.gif

Arbok
-Mega
Ability: Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unnerve ---> Sheer Force
Stats:
HP 60 ---> 60
Atk 85 ---> 135 (+50)
Def 69 ---> 89 (+20)
SpA 65 ---> 65
SpD 79 ---> 79
Spe 80 ---> 110 (+30)
BST 438 ---> 538
New Moves: None :)
Description: Arbok's constriction force is strong, but it is now mightier than ever upon mega evolving. Mega Arbok gains a huge boost in its Attack, and a further boost in Sheer Force. It also gets a lot of moves boosted by Sheer Force such as Gunk Shot, Crunch, Rock Slide, Elemental Fangs, and Iron Tail. Poison/Dark typing compliment each other well both offensively and defensively while also having STAB on Sucker Punch.

336.gif

Seviper-Mega
Ability: Shed Skin / Infiltrator ---> Competitive
Typing: Poison
Stats:
HP 73 ---> 73
Atk 100 ---> 100
Def 60 ---> 70 (+10)
SpA 100 ---> 140 (+40)
SpD 60 ---> 70 (+10)
Spe 65 ---> 105 (+40)
BST 458 ---> 558
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description: Determined to defeat Zangoose once and for all, Seviper turns up the competition and finds its inner and more powerful self. It gets good amount of stat boosts in Special Attack and Speed. Access to Nasty Plot and Competitive ability allows it to repeatedly boost its Special Attack stat, allowing it to sweep teams and discourage Intimidate mons to enter the battlefield. It surprisingly gets a great special movepool with coverage moves such as Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, and Giga Drain.

minor correction: I submitted Dunsparce and Arbok, not Dunsparce and Seviper. doesn't really matter though since you linked to the correct post

Dunsparce: Reigaheres, G-Luke, Dilasc
Arbok: Miyami~~, MaceMaster, Pika Xreme
Seviper: G-Luke, MegaFlareon, LordBraixen

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I did another dunsparce submission that you somehow missed.

COMPETENT.

Dunsparce: G=Luke, The Reptile, Reigahres
Arbok: Miyami~~, Swagodile, Stocke
Added. Sorry about that.
minor correction: I submitted Dunsparce and Arbok, not Dunsparce and Seviper. doesn't really matter though since you linked to the correct post

Dunsparce: Reigaheres, G-Luke, Dilasc
Arbok: Miyami~~, MaceMaster, Pika Xreme
Seviper: G-Luke, MegaFlareon, LordBraixen
Fixed. My bad.

Ludicrousity

Dunsparce
1) The Reptile
2) Reigheres
3) Swagodile

Arbok
1) G-Luke
2) Pika Xreme
3) Swagodile

Seviper
1) WTCO
2) TheGooeyGastrodon
3) Reigheres

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So G-Luke's Dunsparce and WTCO's Seviper have won, but we have a tie between Pika Xreme's and Miyami~~'s Arbok, so we'll be voting on which of their submissions is the winner. This voting period will last for about 24 hours, and remember to only vote for either Pika Xreme's or Miyami~~'s Arbok.

Miyamai's Arbok gets my vote.

By the way, is anyone going to be doing a Google Doc or something of all the winners? I'd be willing to start one but I've never actually done one before so it'd probably be better if it was done by somebody with more experience

Ludicrousity

Pika Xreme gets my vote!
mainly because I don't like dark type being added to Arbok, and the ability is really unique.
GO FORTH AND WIN PIKA!

Quick Side note, do you think I would be able to make more of the sets? i enjoyed coming up with Serpents, and would like to do more if you wouldn't mind :)

Pika Xreme gets my vote!
mainly because I don't like dark type being added to Arbok, and the ability is really unique.
GO FORTH AND WIN PIKA!

Quick Side note, do you think I would be able to make more of the sets? i enjoyed coming up with Serpents, and would like to do more if you wouldn't mind :)
Well whatever the next slate is, it has to include Braviary since Monday is July 4th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)