Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I Have discovered a bug with the information on the mini-sprites depicting the opposing team. If a zorua or Zoruak is sent in to battle and appears to be an other pokemon(for the sake of my example the other pokemon will be kyogre), the other pokemon appears to be active even after zorua or zurak's illusion has worn of. also, any damage dealt to the zoruak through spikes and stealth rock will show up as damage on the illusion pokemon.

I have evidence in these images:
upload_2016-6-23_11-47-43.png

upload_2016-6-23_11-49-15.png

I was just watching a battle, (it wasn't mine) and someone, (I think at least) had a team of 7, including mews. This HAS to be a glitch.
I'm pretty sure having more than 6 Pokemon on a team here is literally impossible with how battles are currently set up, even in custom formats. It could've been some sort of visual bug though so a replay would help.

I was just watching a battle, (it wasn't mine, but replay is http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-390982460) and someone, (I think at least) had a team of 7, including 2 mews. This HAS to be a glitch.
it kind of is a visual glitch with zoroark, he switched out mew to bring in mew, replacing the zoroark image with a mew image (in the team stuffs) then switched back in zoroark, and the game decided to replace the last mon with zoroark. He still had 6 pokemon, its just that one of them was represented twice (a mew image and zoroark image) replacing one of his actual pokemon (sorry if this explanation is confusing a bit)

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
it kind of is a visual glitch with zoroark, he switched out mew to bring in mew, replacing the zoroark image with a mew image (in the team stuffs) then switched back in zoroark, and the game decided to replace the last mon with zoroark. He still had 6 pokemon, its just that one of them was represented twice (a mew image and zoroark image) replacing one of his actual pokemon (sorry if this explanation is confusing a bit)
It was just Zoroark disguising as a Mew, using the ability Illusion. It does mess up the overview of Pokemon on their side, but the person didn't actually have 2 Mews, let alone 7 Pokrmon.

Sandstorm571

I COULD BE BANNED!
I have a bug. In gen DPP OU, crobat can't learn curse or brave bird because it has no valid father.

i'm confused bc it works in gen5/6.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I have a bug. In gen DPP OU, crobat can't learn curse or brave bird because it has no valid father.

i'm confused bc it works in gen5/6.
Do you mean Curse and Brave Bird on the same set? This is correct, as to inherit these moves in gen 5 Crobat requires a Farfetch'd father with both Curse and Brave Bird. Farfetch'd could not learn Brave Bird until gen 5, so Crobat could not learn get both Curse and Brave Bird at the same time as egg moves prior to that.

Hey guyz.
The following "bug" affect RBY on Showdown.

When you set your atk evs and dvs to 0 on a pokemon without physical move (mostly to take less damages on confusion) dvs automaticaly set back to 1 (in order to maximizes hp) and this was ok; but evs don't stay to 0, when battle start showdown gave you 28 evs when you have set up 0 on the teambuilder. This mean an Alakazam got 114 in atk instead of 107 (for exemple).

This works correctly on Pokemon Online.

Don't know if it was already known; Isa tell me he was not aware of this.

Sorry if this is a known bug, or if I posted this in the wrong place, but the cancel button doesn't work if you don't chose another move in time. Most people I've talked tend to believe that this is because the other person had actually already chosen a move, and the website just didn't register it yet, meaning it was too late to cancel, but this is not true. I've tested this with several people, and even if you chose your move and cancel it a long time before the opponent picks his move, the result will be the same: it ignores the cancel completely. If you manage to pick another move before the opponent picked his move, however, it will listen to you and register the new move. This is still super annoying and I've lost a lot of battles because of this.

I've noticed: Being in tournaments also count towards having active battles open. The limit seems, despite the told 4, to be 5 active battles/tournaments at once. For example: You participate in 4 tournaments, then you can accept one challenge, on all the other challenges you'll get the "Due to highload, you can only have 4 active battles." pop-up.

Not sure if it's intended, but I tend to no, resulting in this report, if you need further explanation contact me s:

I haven't heard anyone else mention this, but I've encountered a problem with Guard Split. So, turn 1, my Chansey uses endure and my Shuckle, which has sturdy, uses Guard Split on Chansey. I check Chansey's stats afterwards, and I notice they're exactly the same as before. Is there a problem with the move? Or am I just doing something wrong? I've looked up everything I could find about the move, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't work.

I think this is intentional, though it seems to also be inconsistent with the actual games
the move mimic will fail if used to copy transform
it does specifically say so in the tool-tip thing in battle but this is inconsistent with all sources that say anything about the move (bulbapedia, serebii, etc.) and in a previous generation it is well know that you can copy transform with mimic because it was used to get a glitch moveset

From my experience in-game, if the first use of Round misses/is blocked/etc., that still counts as a use of Round to allow the next Pokemon to immediately use Round at double power, but this hasn't been happening in Showdown.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I haven't heard anyone else mention this, but I've encountered a problem with Guard Split. So, turn 1, my Chansey uses endure and my Shuckle, which has sturdy, uses Guard Split on Chansey. I check Chansey's stats afterwards, and I notice they're exactly the same as before. Is there a problem with the move? Or am I just doing something wrong? I've looked up everything I could find about the move, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't work.
The move works properly, but the client can't show you the changed stats because if you use it on an opponent it would be leaking information.
I think this is intentional, though it seems to also be inconsistent with the actual games
the move mimic will fail if used to copy transform
it does specifically say so in the tool-tip thing in battle but this is inconsistent with all sources that say anything about the move (bulbapedia, serebii, etc.) and in a previous generation it is well know that you can copy transform with mimic because it was used to get a glitch moveset
That glitch is exactly why it stopped being possible to Mimic Transform in Gen 5. Also friendly reminder not to believe everything you read on Bulbapedia or Serebii.
From my experience in-game, if the first use of Round misses/is blocked/etc., that still counts as a use of Round to allow the next Pokemon to immediately use Round at double power, but this hasn't been happening in Showdown.
Thanks for reporting, it'll be fixed next update!

The dex search doesn't seem to list the Rotom formes under users of Volt Switch. Rotom-C is RU, Rotom-H UU, it's the same with Rotom-W but I didn't get it in the screenshot.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Battle Factory still allows Tyrantrum when RU is the selected metagame, even though it was banned to BL2 some weeks ago. Either that, or UU was the selected tier and all the selected Pokemon aside from Tyrantrum were from RU, NU and PU)

Sorry if I'm missing out on some details or if it just naturally take that long for battle factory to be updated.

When a Pokemon has an -ate ability (Aerilate, Refrigerate, Pixilate), holds a plate, and has the move Judgment, the power displayed is 156 and it says that Judgment is boosted by the ability, but when the move is actually used, it is only 120 power and not boosted by the -ate ability.
The display should be fixed in a future client update (also for the equivalent of holding a Drive, in which case Judgement should be -ate affected, but not Techno Blast).

A visual bug that I've found is that sometimes (I'm not entirely sure exactly when you have to do this) if you press the "Go to last turn" button during a battle you have to keep on pressing it in order to continue progressing through the battle. It goes away if you refresh, but I thought it was still noteworthy to point out (this is also the second time this has happened to me, however I forgot to take screenshots the first time). Also noteworthy is that if you go to another battle while it is going on it will persist in that one as well.

Screenshots: http://prnt.sc/bnwt60
http://prnt.sc/bnwu7s
http://prnt.sc/bnwuhc

I know they are not at all common moves in play but i tried to use the pledge moves and noticed that while they do use the wombo combo part of using two, Showdown does not have their second effects built into the game. No marsh is made from the mix of water/grass pledges, nor the fiery field from the grass/fire pledges or the rainbow from water/fire pledges. Why is this?

I know they are not at all common moves in play but i tried to use the pledge moves and noticed that while they do use the wombo combo part of using two, Showdown does not have their second effects built into the game. No marsh is made from the mix of water/grass pledges, nor the fiery field from the grass/fire pledges or the rainbow from water/fire pledges. Why is this?
Only last week I saw someone use both pledge moves in a 2v2 Doubles battle, and the rainbow appeared as expected. I've also tried it myself, although http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/2v2doubles-254396369 is the only replay where I actually won using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)