The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 1 (Read post #402)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omfg I saw the team preview. My team should beat that shit easily. I'm on the road. I'll watch the whole game and will give my analysis when I get home.
Asuk4 did give up very easily by making some bd plays early on but it was very hard to win this against Mega Gardevoir and Taunt Wisp Sableye anyway. It wa a very hard matchup.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Bro, I suggested you watch my replays and test this team out first. It's not easy to use unless you're me.

Analysis:

Ok, I understand why you risked and switched in Altaria-Mega the first turn. You want to absorb the Trick in case it's not a Mega Gardevoir. That game changing risk was simply and absolutely unnecessary. The best and safest play here would to switch in Doublade. So what if Gardevoir is Scarf or Specs... Doublade's main purpose here is to tank hits from Mega Gardevoir and Mega Medicham... so even if it's Tricked an item, it wouldn't hurt the team one bit. Regular Gardevoir cannot and will not break Chansey.
upload_2016-6-28_17-21-36.png

I would Toxic here on the obvious Stealth Rock instead of using Scald. If the opponent switches in Skarmory, then Scald. Five of his 'mons except Skarmory are weak to Toxic and would be on a timer when inflicted. A burnt would be good too regardless.
upload_2016-6-28_17-25-48.png

Why Toxic Skarmory again? I'd Scald or switch in Mandibuzz here. Scald would be the better move in case the opponent Whirlwind the Mandibuzz switch in. Either move is 10x better than Toxic though.
upload_2016-6-28_17-28-42.png

Why switch in Mega Alteria to eat Spikes and Stealth Rock and a WoW this turn??? Just click SCALD.
upload_2016-6-28_17-31-51.png

This was an excellent move staying in to Defog against Raikou on the Gardevoir switch. A comeback could happen if played properly from here, the game could still be won here. It was not over yet.
upload_2016-6-28_17-34-23.png

Turn 30 makes my heart bleed, and it's still bleeding. Why switch out Chansey? YOU NEED CHANSEY HEALTHY HERE; SHE IS IN KILLING RANGE FOR MEGA GARDEVOIR. The game is pretty much lost. The correct move was to Soft-Boiled and then Stealth Rock. That's clearly a TankChomp and its Earthquake does 30% to Chansey max.
upload_2016-6-28_17-36-16.png

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
i tried team, lost vs kg, it looks like i never win when odds are in my favour :/
Good match Leftiez.

I have not played up to my usual standards in the first two matches, but I'm not going to let you blame it on that when your play changed my outlook from just over a 3:1 dog to slightly under a 3:2 dog by switching out when that position was set up from the 2% odds of the dual Toxic misses to completely shut down my Spikes game for the first half of the match.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I have not played up to my usual standards in the first two matches, but I'm not going to let you blame it on that when your play changed my outlook from just over a 3:1 dog to slightly under a 3:2 dog by switching out when that position was set up from the 2% odds of the dual Toxic misses to completely shut down my Spikes game for the first half of the match.
lavoscalc only works when you lose fam

playing jamvad 4pm thursday

Bro, I suggested you watch my replays and test this team out first. It's not easy to use unless you're me.
It is not that hard to use.
Of course I'm not disagreeing with the mistakes you pointed out but I have 2 questions:
1) In that battle what's the gameplan vs Sableye
2) In general what is the plan of this team vs the common max Speed max HP Stealth Rock, Taunt, Toxic, Fire move Heatran?

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
It is not that hard to use.
Of course I'm not disagreeing with the mistakes you pointed out but I have 2 questions:
1) In that battle what's the gameplan vs Sableye
2) In general what is the plan of this team vs the common max Speed max HP Stealth Rock, Taunt, Toxic, Fire move Heatran?
1) Burn it. Try to Knock Off its Leftovers with Mandibuzz, which shouldn't be all that difficult with the 'should Sableye use Taunt or let Mandibuzz Defog' mindgame. Chase it off with Mega Altaria with good switches. Again, it's all mindgames 50/50s. Unless the opponent is Jesus, he shouldn't be able to win all the turns.
2) Knock Off its item. Then paralyze it. Taunt Heatran is impotent without its Speed. With two Defog users, it shouldn't be difficult to play around once Heatran is paralyzed. Magma Storm Heatran with Taunt is generally annoying to almost all stall teams though. Just gotta play around it.

Okay so whitequeen has unfortunate limited availabilities in these upcoming days so he won't be able to play GeeMick on the 2nd of July, we're requesting a sub to be made or get Gee to play a bit earlier because WQ has been trying to get this game done for quite a while now, much appreciated ~

Cristal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)