Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No revenge kill. lolz

Is Granpa normal/dragon or steel/dragon? If normal, what is the point of that typing? Ghost immunity? yay...
Mean if cancels prankster/gale wings that would be interesting because does have increase priority added to those moves. May not be much because no idea movepool or BST but being water/psychic meaning resist flare blitz and possibility cancelling out brave bird depending how it works might be a good Tflame counter if anything. Besides that, probably be big in VGC depending how it works.

what is the point of that typing? Ghost immunity? yay...
Normal-types usually have access to a buttload of coverage (as do Dragon-types), and Hyper Voice is pretty good for STAB. If it gets decent SpA, it might be a very strong threat.

But honestly, if weirdofish there gets good stats, we may be looking at a top OU threat. I mean, blocks off all priority attacks? Yeesh. RIP, Talonflame.

Now that I think about it, I think the Normal/Dragon thing is to be reminiscent of that old archetype where an old man seems senile and useless, but beneath the surface are wise and powerful beyond measure. Like Yoda, or Dumbledore. The blindness and the sage robe like design seems to further add to that. I don't know if that actually made sense but that's how I see it.

At first look i thought all of these were whack but now i think most are pretty cool.

bruxfish reminds me of taric from lol, stunning people with their dazzling beauty *_*

The rat looks terrible imo. So did cutiefly until I saw its offical art

At first i thought Drampa was the most hideous thing on the planet but I'm starting to appreciate its uniqueness. I love its attack animation.

Viktavolt looks amazing for an early bug type. Sadly it probably won't have the stats to back it up
EDIT: It seems viktavolt could be a late evo which is sick

Tapu Koko is probably my favourite mon revealed today. Love its name and the Hawiian aesthetic

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
At first look i thought all of these were whack but now i think most are pretty cool.

bruxfish reminds me of taric from lol, stunning people with their dazzling beauty *_*
Inb4 Mega Jynx gets Bruxfish's ability... if it's a thing.
Unlikely though.

Reactions: JES
Now that I think about it, I think the Normal/Dragon thing is to be reminiscent of that old archetype where an old man seems senile and useless, but beneath the surface are wise and powerful beyond measure. Like Yoda, or Dumbledore. The blindness and the sage robe like design seems to further add to that. I don't know if that actually made sense but that's how I see it.
Grampgoon reminded me of a retired Salamence that wanted to come back from retirement to fight but lost the wings and thus the flying typing and gained hair...or Really old Joseph Joestar.

Last edited:
Normal-types usually have access to a buttload of coverage (as do Dragon-types), and Hyper Voice is pretty good for STAB. If it gets decent SpA, it might be a very strong threat.

But honestly, if weirdofish there gets good stats, we may be looking at a top OU threat. I mean, blocks off all priority attacks? Yeesh. RIP, Talonflame.
I like this. I could see it being a powerful, wise master type thing.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
The Zygarde 50% in the trailer has 31 HP IVs which means that Complete Forme clocks in at a whopping 216 base HP.
So there's been a lot of speculation on the base HP of Zygarde formes, based on my calculations using smogon's own damage calc (and adjusting the base HP to fiddle around):

10% forme has 125 max HP at level 50, so it has between 50 and 65 base HP depending on IVs (assuming no EV investment). If full (252 EVs) investment, it's between 18 and 34 base HP.

Complete forme has 287 max hp, so it has between 212 and 227 base HP. If full investment, it's between 180 and 196 base HP.

Personally, I think 10% forme will have 54 base HP, and complete forme will have 216 base HP. Why? Because 54*2=216/2=108, which is the base HP of 50% forme (the one currently released). This means the zygarde shown has 22 IVs and 0 EVs investment (and this checks out with what the calc gives!)
ayyy it's lit

Of the new abilities, Dazzle is the one that strikes me as amazing, in terms of OMs. This could really change AAA (lol gale wings) and BH (fakespeed who?). Unfortunately, the fish is the ugliest thing I've ever seen holy hell

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
More news, more mons.

Let's start with the thing that gets Double Elec STAB because of Elec Terrain, Tapu Koko. Auto-Electric Terrain on sendout is a stronger effect than Adaptability. It also acts as a temporary sleep immunity and auto-Rest wake-up on switchin for your team.

I am going to guess the other trio/quartet legends have the same ability but for Grassy Terrain and Misty Terrain. Electric Terrain is probably the most powerful of the three because Electric is generally the best offensively when Ground types are out of the mix (fewer 4x resists than Grass.) The Misty Terrain Legend might be interesting though because it's auto-Safeguard and a Dragon-nerf rather than a type buff.

Charjabug is the literal hype train.

I like Vikavolt. I hope it's fast so it can Volt-turn quickly. It's name is Kuwagannon so it's power better not disappoint.
If Drampa has some kind of crazy stat like Dragalgae/Florges it might have an interesting niche. I hope its Hidden Ability is Own Tempo though and that it gets both Outrage and Thrash because reasons.

Bruxish is an ugly fish but that ability is pretty sweet. Cutiefly is eh. I will laugh if it evolves to something malevolent and scary.

Superfluous Electric Rodent has a useful typing this time. Watch it be slower than Magnezone but at least it will have Nuzzle and Lightningrod.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we have a solid mix of new Pokemon here. Charjabug is like the ugliest thing I've ever seen but it'll be worth it to use because Vikavolt is so darn badass. Like wow this thing is so cool I can't even begin to describe it. Drampa is hilarious. I love it. Cutiefly is cute so it gets the pass, as well as the Pikaclone. Cute hedgehog, cool typing, it's a yes from me. The fish... has a cool ability I guess? Pretty ugly though, maybe it'll grow on me. AND TAPU KOKO IS SO BADASS YEAH BOI I LOVE IT.

Also new Zygarde info is cool. I can't wait to see Complete Form's raw power.

1. Cutiefly is very cute, just as its name suggests. Drampa is quite a badass as well.

2. I wonder what kind of fish Bruxish draws inspiration from. I guess we'll never know. (EDIT: It's a filefish.)

3. Togedemaru seems to be another porcupine, and it's very cute. One could argue that the Nidoran lines are this, but they're also original weirdos.

4. Apparently, Charjabug evolves from Grubbin, according to Serebii.

5. Is Tapu Koko a minor Legend? If so, we could either get a group or not. We'll find out in due time.

Eh, Tapu Koko... is it written with the space too?

I have a feeling it is either not its true name or now they start to use new species naming convention. I haven't watched it yet, I'll see it.

Saw it... Kapu Kokeko. They do make new naming convention with breaks/space now.

Gamefreak please, you can't just make the early game bug THAT cool. Please pull a Vivillion and actually be great in game.

Really hoping the Electric / Steel Hedgehog Pokemon follows some of its fellow Pikachu rip offs and gets Follow Me. A non-mythical Steel-type with Follow Me would be absolutely amazing. Additionally, really hoping Dazzle sees distribution across more than this one fish, and that it covers both partners in a double battle.

This is a really cool crop of Pokemon.

Glad to see Gamefreak is making sure the fairy type isn't all tinkerbelle-expy's with Tapu Koko. Such a boss design!

Heck, pretty good show all around from these 7 new pokemon. Even are new pika-clone looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)