Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vikavolt took off over 60% of milotics' health with electro ball. Can someone estimate it's speed with this?
Also, what move did Dragonite use against Zy50?

Vikavolt took off over 60% of milotics' health with electro ball. Can someone estimate it's speed with this?
Also, what move did Dragonite use against Zy50?
Electro ball would be a difficult calculation as it does not have a fixed base power. We would need to know both SpA, SpD, and then both speeds. Fortunately that was Zap Cannon.

Dragonite used Dragon Rush.

To summarise, at this stage we have:
  • 18 confirmed new Pokémon - Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Yungoos, Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Pikipek, Iwanko, Nekkoala, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna
  • 2 Pokémon that we know are coming but that haven't been revealed yet - Pikipek's evolutions
  • an indeterminate number of other potential Pokémon that are plausible but unconfirmed - Yungoos evolution/s, other members of a legendary grouping that could include Tapu Koko, evolutions or prevolutions of some of the new species revealed today

We have four and a half months to go before Sun and Moon are released - unless Game Freak really want to reveal all the new species well ahead of time, I suspect we're looking at a biggish generation in terms of the number of new Pokémon.

IcyMan28 said:
Kanaloa: Usually shown as a squid type thing with connections to death and the underworld, as well as magic. If they went with the squid motif, Water/Fairy with Drizzle would make sense for it. I could see it as a tanky pokemon with good bulk and decent offense.
This sounds like something that might suit, say, the name Marshadow.

Completely forgot about Marshadow, but then why trademark its name but not any of the others?

Also don't forget that we have semi-confirmation of a Yungoos evo.

As far as GF revealing a large number of pokemon, I wouldn't read too much into it. By the time XY came out, we already know about: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Fletchling, Talonflame, Litleo, Flabebe, Honedge, Spritzee, Swirlix, Clauncher, Skrelp, Helioptile, Gogoat, Inkay, Malamar, Pancham, Dedenne, Sylveon, Tyrunt, Amaura, Noivern, Xerneas, and Yveltal.

That's 28 pokemon, not including the mega evolutions, which by all indications would point to a large number of new pokemon. Instead it turned out to be nearly all the new lines.

Last edited:
Anti-priority fish next to Dark Void Smeargle in Doubles.
No Fake Out, no Prankster Taunt, no Prankster Encore, no double targeting with priority moves, no Feint to get past Spiky Shield. Psychic STAB to kill Fighting-types.

glhf
I send out Tapu Koko. Dark Void fails. Anti-Priority Fish is forced out.

When one door closes, another opens. Dark Void Smeargle in VGC should drop quite a bit when the format's power level drops after the cover legends become illegal again.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Completely forgot about Marshadow, but then why trademark its name but not any of the others?

They probably trademarked them as well, but people couldn't find them.
They are all trademarked using proxy lawyers.

IcyMan28 said:
The only source I saw for a Yungoos evolution was Serebii, who seems to have deleted the claim from his New Pokémon page, so I put it down as 'plausible but not confirmed'.

I hope Drampa's evolution (if present) will change the eyes. Only thing that is bothering me.

Hoping that his ability activates on SE hits. Would love to pair that with a weakness policy!!

Reactions: JES
I hope Drampa's evolution (if present) will change the eyes. Only thing that is bothering me.

Hoping that his ability activates on SE hits. Would love to pair that with a weakness policy!!
Depending on its stats, +4 SAtk may be overkill. However, I could see it being really good with a Scarf, if you can switch it into a weak SE move.

I just love Vikavolt! I was NOT impressed with BrickBoltBug, and was fearful that it would evolve into something equally stupid looking. Instead, I cheered loud enough for my mom and the dogs to hear, as it evolved into an awesome Vic Viper!

I really hope that he has competitive viability, so I can IV breed him, and call him Vic Viper. Or Garadius. Or Rail Gun. Oh, the naming possibilities! Please let him be at least UU material! Please GF, don't go Beedrill with him! Go totally Mega Beedrill with him!!!

I just love Vikavolt! I was NOT impressed with BrickBoltBug, and was fearful that it would evolve into something equally stupid looking. Instead, I cheered loud enough for my mom and the dogs to hear, as it evolved into an awesome Vic Viper!

-snip-

I really hope that he has competitive viability, so I can IV breed him, and call him Vic Viper. Or Garadius. Or Rail Gun. Oh, the naming possibilities! Please let him be at least UU material! Please GF, don't go Beedrill with him! Go totally Mega Beedrill with him!!!
Vikavolt looks way too cool to not be good in battle imo.

IcyMan28 said:
As far as GF revealing a large number of pokemon, I wouldn't read too much into it.
You're not wrong, in that it could just be Game Freak shaking things up; but for comparison's sake, four and a half months before X & Y's release, we had only ten new species (starters and box legendaries plus Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Gogoat and Helioptile, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y). At the equivalent point before Sun & Moon's release - where we are now - we have almost twice that number.

I really like Vikavolt too, it's pretty bad ass and easily my favorite pokemon that's been revealed.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was up when the leaks happened, and I assumed they were (really well done) fakes since the source was unknown and links that were posted in the forum I was on came from 4chan. I was wrong, obviously, but it sort of killed my hype for these.

Tapu Koko and Vikavolt are cool, I guess.

What's blowing my mind now is these new abilities.

The first of these is Elekimaker, which activates Electric Terrain upon entering battle. I always forget what E Terrain does but it basically means that Tapu Koko will never fall asleep and it does more damage with electric moves. Bring that to VGC and you'll shit all over Smeargle.

The second is Dazzle. All I can say is that this could be a very op ability. It gives Bruxish (which I think will be a crap mon) immunity to Sucker Punch, ESpeed, and every priority move. Looks like Talonflame just got a check.

Finally, there's Frenzy. Increases Special Attack at some point. But, judging by the trailer, I'm guessing it's when it gets low HP. Not really much to say about this.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just realized that the trailer said something about 7/16 at the end. Are we getting more news then?

I somehow have the feeling that Water/Psychic fish is supposed to convey a feeling of "It's so ugly!" from us. Not "Ugly Duckling" like Feebas, but "ugly for real".

Railgun bug is pretty cool, same for that Tapu Koko thing. With that hair, it's gonna be best friends with Scrafty. Its ability is mostly interesting, that being said, by setting Electric Terrain on switch-in. Maybe we are getting more special field automatic summon abilities?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow I didn't expect to wake up to a Pokemon leak today!

Tapu Koko sounds pretty incredible, an ability that sets up Electric Terrain sounds very powerful. Also, remember that since this is a Terrain, that means that weather won't get rid of it! The sleep immunity is nice too. As long as they don't totally mess up its stat distribution, I can see this being a staple across all battle spot formats.

Bruxish I feel is gonna depend on weather or not Dazzle makes either it immune to priority, or the whole team. If its the former, I can see it being easily screwed over by a bad stat distribution, but if its the whole team, I can see it appearing in Doubles and Triples.

BTW Zygarde Complete having base 216 HP is pretty nuts. I also assume this means that every legendary they've shown has a 31 somewhere. That'd mean that Tapu Koko has base 70 HP, and that Solgaleo has base 137 HP.

- Bug/Electric line is sick as hell, I might use one. Especially like Batterybug but the evolved form has that Mega-Beedrill-sharp-pointy-things look that really appeals to me. Hopefully it delivers where Galvantula did not.
- Cutiefly is amazing. End of.
- Electric/Fairy (Tapu Koko) is cool looking. Move doesn't look anything like an Electric move which is interesting considering it's SE on Slowbro.
- Bruxish looks like a Basculin/Alomomola fusion with extra frilly shit (is that a fucking flower on its head?) - it's a no from me.
- Drampa is just dumb looking - cool typing tho, hopefully it gets a Mega Evolution or something that delivers it from it's current Undertale-amalgamate Altaria/Darm-Zen/Stoutland look.
- An Electric Mouse For The New Age is surprising no-one, but at least it has a cool typing this time around. Shame that Magnezone exists though.
grubbin seems to evolve into charjabug.
Wow I didn't expect to wake up to a Pokemon leak today!

Tapu Koko sounds pretty incredible, an ability that sets up Electric Terrain sounds very powerful. Also, remember that since this is a Terrain, that means that weather won't get rid of it! The sleep immunity is nice too. As long as they don't totally mess up its stat distribution, I can see this being a staple across all battle spot formats.

Bruxish I feel is gonna depend on weather or not Dazzle makes either it immune to priority, or the whole team. If its the former, I can see it being easily screwed over by a bad stat distribution, but if its the whole team, I can see it appearing in Doubles and Triples.

BTW Zygarde Complete having base 216 HP is pretty nuts. I also assume this means that every legendary they've shown has a 31 somewhere. That'd mean that Tapu Koko has base 70 HP, and that Solgaleo has base 137 HP.
don't assume that tapu koko is a legendary. for all we know, it could be just a normal pokemon considered a protector

Rain + Electric Terrain + Specs + Thunder = Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)