Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Who knows, maybe they will introduce a Water type fang move, so that Bruxish would be able to get a STAB to use with Strong Jaw. Remember that Mega Sharpedo would also be able to benefit from such a move.
Probably. Even if strong jaw is completely useless on Bruxish, the Dazzle ability still sounds promising.
I mean, even if the fish has horrible stats, it can still be viable.

We have a defensive Water/Psychic (Slowbro/king) and a Special Attacker (Starmie) maybe Bruxish is indeed a Physical attacker to differentiate it from the two. Looks very promising..I hope it has decent stats, please gamefreak. BTW, any hint/s it being a standalone pokemon??

Does Vikavolt getting Levitate kinda indicate that they probably won't bother to give it a Hidden Ability? Sounds crappy if so. I really wanted No Guard Zap Cannon to be an actual thing, but whatever.

No one saying anything about the apparently new super strong moves? I bet we're getting a some new dynamics, not just generally strong moves.

Berserk isn't a "weakness policy ability" for special attack unluckily, but if thewielder get access to reliable recover is a potentially good ability, especially on bulky special attackers (hoping Drampa'll be one... A special counterpart of Druddigon would be cool).

Nature Madness seems underwhelming, I guess it's ok as Kapu Koko looks strong enough anyway. Could be good if one of the other guardians'll be strongly defensive with low attacking stats.

It seems that Vikavolt'll be a special attacker. A bit of a shame, since we already have Galvantula. Levitate is fine, I hope it'll get something more useful and unique as HA though. I guess it's understandable for an early bug to not get an OP ability at first (considering that they generally evolve really fast).

All the other news are fine. Since we're getting much more attention on Strong Jaw's distribution, I'm really hoping we'll get more crunch-like biting moves. Dragon, Rock and Water would be fantastic, with a buff on poison fang too.

Oh, I think Rockruff'll get a rock/dark evo (or two). The howling thing and the fact that they're insisting on bite "being a good move for it" give me that vibe... Unless they're pullong another Boomburst/Noivern.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Zubats though. Bring repels, guys.
"Hey guys a New Gen is coming out!"
"Oh cool! I can't wait to see the new cave Pokemon!"

No...

NO....

NOOOOOO.....

Also holy crap they seem to have proliferated the number of mons getting kickass abilities. I almost feel like Levitate is unnecessary since Vikavolt is neutral to Ground, but if it has "eh" Defense that's actually pretty cool. Can't say no to a Neutral-> Immunity ability.

This was an awesome update, especially seeing the alternative abilities of the mons.

Didn't they screw with Zygarde?

>Zygarde 10% and 50% can have both Aura Breaker and Power Construct. Zygarde 100% only has as ability Power Construct, which is useless since Zygarde 100% is already the final form
>Zygarde 100% signature move, Core Enforcer, only erase abilities of opponent if they have alredy used a move, making Zygarde being last in move for the move to get its effect.

>Zygarde 10% and 50% can have both Aura Breaker and Power Construct. Zygarde 100% only has as ability Power Construct, which is useless since Zygarde 100% is already the final form
>Zygarde 100% signature move, Core Enforcer, only erase abilities of opponent if they have alredy used a move, making Zygarde being last in move for the move to get its effect.
We've seen legendaries with worthless abilities before (Like Pressure on offensive legendaries). Nothing too surprising.

And what if Core Enforcer does not seem appealing? Zygarde already has two great signature moves.

Wait, Berserk gives +1 to SpeAtt but Sap Sipper gives +1 to Att. Does that mean Drampa is mixed ? Could be interesting
It's a possibility (look at Goodra), but I don't think we should trust abilities alone. There're many examples of mons with contradicting abilities. To me Drampa looks specially oriented, both because of its aesthetic and 'cause of the concept of the "ancient mountain sage", and berserk would complement that well. Sap Sipper looks more flavour-wise imho, as it's an herbivore. I could be wrong of course and it could go mixed, but I highly doubt it'll be physically oriented.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Sub/CE Zygarde is going to definitely be a thing, on all of its formes. The crazy thing about Zygarde between Core Enforcer, Thousand Arrows, and Thousand Waves is it seems to have tons of ways to neutralize opposing defenses and tactics. I don't know if CE's effect activates if you use it as an opponent switches in (they either literally mean "used a move" or they mean "has moved."), but if it does that makes it incredibly powerful in its own right. It also means AV Slaking is a Hard Counter if it actually does "remove" abilities instead of disable/bypass their effects. >_> Fun scenario: Using CE on a Sableye the turn it uses a Prankster attack and Mega Evolves will disable Magic Bounce.

Reactions: JES

Core Enforcer still is a powerful Dragon Type move, something that Zygarde sorely lacked.

I think it's a bit soon to start complaining about its competitive nature. We know that Zygarde Complete has a whopping 216 base HP, maybe it'll has OP stats overall (that's already an higher boost than a Mega would provide, and for sure it will not be the only one). It'll get two amazing STABs in Thousand Waves/Arrows, and we don't even know how much powerful core enforcer will be (and its secondary effect is already great for punishing faster attackers). Actually, I'm quite happy if it has some nerfs, considering how powerful this monster is likely going to be. We already had Mega Rayquaza, we don't need another one. We don't need another Regigas either, but Zygarde surely doesn't look THAT nerfed at all.
That aside, with these new moves 50% Zygarde could improve a lot in OU, if they work even with Aura Break (I'm guessing Power Construct will be banned).

Yeesh, between Core Enforcer negating abilities, Thousand Waves trapping, Thousand Arrows hitting anything in the air, astounding 216 base HP (and theoretically increased bulk from its already beefy 50% form), Zygarde is shaping up to give Mega Rayquaza a run for its money.

I just find it funny that even after GF released Fairies in an attempt to balance out Dragons, they're still the best type in the game.

Yeah Zygarde really doesn't need more than Sub/Filler/Core Enforcer/Thousand Arrows. The only Pokemon that resist Dragon/Ground are Skarm and Levitate Bronzong, which are handled by Thousand Arrows. This is promising.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/748877835507421184

So this famitsu tweet got retweeted by Masuda, and some people are saying its related to some new mechanic. Can we get a translation?
I put it into Google Translate, this is what I got:

Unspecified screen photos published ! Hint of " Pokemon Sun Moon " new elements ?

Edit: ninja'd.

I'm hoping Ice types get thrown a bone in SuMo, but unfortunately since this region's based on Hawii I don't think there'll be many Ice types there, just like there weren't many Fire types in Sinnoh. Have Hail give them a +1 Speed boost for example

I have to say that the Sugimori artwork for 10 and Complete look damn gorgeous. It's surprising to see that the Core and Cell received official artwork, since they aren't even playable.

Still waiting for Ash-Greninja's official Sugimori artwork, since the official franchise is pushing its existence very hard.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Yeah Zygarde really doesn't need more than Sub/Filler/Core Enforcer/Thousand Arrows. The only Pokemon that resist Dragon/Ground are Skarm and Levitate Bronzong, which are handled by Thousand Arrows. This is promising.
And togekiss/tic, though they'll still be hit by thousand arrows.

EDIT:
also cottonee/whimsicott and cutiefly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)