Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

From reddit for the Mission 22-combo :

According to /u/DonaldMick from Query Den.
starting move on Xatu (F1 -> E6) a guaranteed 22 hit combo
Just tried it: it works and it's amazing.
Just don't use Gengar as your Mega, because if it mega-evolves and matches, it'll add more to the combo count.
Scizor seems to be a useful mega, it evolved the move after the combo and is pretty effective on xatu's stage

So has anyone been farming Raikou? Given it's the only Electric Barrier Bash+ user (I gave it my Skill Swapper for the Gyarados Competition), I'd wanted to get it to Skill level 2 or 3 if the rate's okay.

So I finally beat Mega Rayquaza, and then I promptly fed it my 14 candies. It's amazing even with just that much speedups in it. Have been consistently beating Lando with 5 moves left thanks to it. If only LandorusT would drop some psbs....
Started to go on through desert umbra and I'm kinda surprised how easy it's been to get through so far, will probably try to complete it after I cross 150 in the EB.
Jirachi is the only new Pokémon to get next week, and I'm not really feeling the Regis PBS, so I reckon it'll be a quite week aside from the EB for me.

So has anyone been farming Raikou? Given it's the only Electric Barrier Bash+ user (I gave it my Skill Swapper for the Gyarados Competition), I'd wanted to get it to Skill level 2 or 3 if the rate's okay.
I didn't bother, the increase of % doesn't seem to worth it :D

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Barrier Bash+ is only worth upgrading 1 level since it's a 10% increase on a 3-match. Further levels only give a meager 5% boost for a ton of skill boosters so it's not worth the effort.

My phone died and that entailed me losing everything I had done on this game, so sadly I'm going to quit it. Unfortunate since I had just got shiny Gyarados and ranked high enough for Gyaradosite.

My phone died and that entailed me losing everything I had done on this game, so sadly I'm going to quit it. Unfortunate since I had just got shiny Gyarados and ranked high enough for Gyaradosite.
This belongs in the Bad Luck You've Had So Far, and deserves for more consolatory likes.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been farming it, but for RML's, not for PSB's. Though you might as well call it a PSB farm at this rate; Raikou's at Lv3 Barrier Bash+ and is about 10% of the way to Lv4, not a single RML found. #JustShuffleThings

Raikou is very easy to kill and yet, the drop rate is terrible ! I only level Barrier Bash+ to level 2 that's more than enough ! RML doesn't exist it's a lie ahahah :D Like MSU on Tornadus :D

I got one RML on Raikou, but the drop rate on both things is so terrible for what the ability is that I stopped at level 2.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I managed to get both a PSB and RML from Raikou on the same run so I can say goodbye to this week's events without any regrets, hopefully my score from the m-gyara competition holds in the last 24 hours for the top prize, we'll see.

You're both lucky xD

I'm 650 in EU (vs 700) I think I will be pushed away from the first cut-off :(
Maybe I should try Shuffle Move but it seems to make the game less fun (and takes too many time to fill the grid)

I don't think I'll ever reach these heights ever again (or at least until the Camerupt competition). 108,166, 7th in NA. Team: Max/1 Gengar, 9 Raikou (BB+), 8 Zekrom, 7 Shaymin (L3).

After trying three times to beat my previous score, and get into the 2nd or 1st category, I've found I've just reached my plateau. Guess I'll have to be happy with that DD and Gyaradosite, and everyone else finds that they've reached a similar plateau.

Got Speed Up + Mega Stone + RML !

New EB ! Giratina Origin Form ! Timed EB (I suck at Timed stage). Main prices are until level 150. After that, there are 5 RML + some exp but no Skill Swapper or Mega Speed Up.
Return of 3 Regi + Celebi
Return of Jirachi only once a day on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday !

Caught All the Regi, Celebi, Jirachi, Giratina-O ! Currently, EB level 127 ... I will do a stop at level 150 to farm some money and then going back ... Which boss level have items mandatory ? (Especially when you suck at timed stages :D)

Only 3 Safari missing + Arceus / Talonflame / Palkia / Shaymin / Regigigas / Latias / Keldeo-R / Cresselia (and some of the Mega stones)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Hoopa Confined (400 Coins to Play)
New Mission Card (6* for Absolite / Exp. Booster L, 9* for 5000 Coins)

Returning Content
Manectric Safari, except now with Winking Pikachu and Raichu! Pokémon already caught can drop coins or an Exp. Booster M
Azelf (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Daily Pokémon #2

Pokémon
Winking Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Swap++
Winking Raichu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Rock Break+
Hoopa-C: Base 70 Ghost-type w/ Barrier Bash+

More to come.

Last edited:
Hoopa's disruption is extremely specific, forming a ring of Barriers and Rocks. It basically wants you to use Mega Sableye for that, but I imagine Gengar will work fine as well. The other is a Landorus style "stack rocks and 3 off mons" disruption.

I'm gonna leave the Mission card for a while, but at a glance at least there seems to be a lack of BS like Yveltal from Card 9. Some like trigger 3 Quirky is RNG heavy, but maybe Magikarp can help there.

Azelf is Paralyze for ability, probably not worth farming Skill Boosters for if you got Uxie's for Mind Zap, unless the Proc rate turns out to be really really good.

Safari rewards are something like 100-200 coins per box, nice treat while looking for the Pikas. Pikachu at least is reported to have Swap++, a bit less flashy than Megavolt, but might have a use I guess. Raichu's is supposedly Rock Break+. Also, Raichu (and I assume Pikachu) are supposed to be "puzzle" stages. No clue since I haven't seen them myself, but people say Raichu's move should be "match the 4 Winking Raichu" for it.

Pikachu Winking is not a real puzzle stage but the board is quickly full of Pikachu winking at you :)

Missing Pokemon : Raichu winking !

And I still need to try Regigigas & Hoopa, Finish the EB too ... It should be okay until next Tuesday ... (No news about the next events ?)

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I also found winking pikachu pretty fast which makes me think it's not part of the 1% club. The safari stages tend to drop 100 coins easily, however they'll reward 0 coins for completing the stage after the first time.

I used mega absol to challenge hoopa itemless and it worked surprisingly well (max level and max speedups helped obviously), had to buy a great ball but the catch rate was pretty decent at 7 moves left.

Finally not sure if azelf is worth farming at all, I mean it has over 26k hp and you have 60 seconds to do it and that's the kind of stuff you usually face at lvl 290+ on escalation battles. Might give it a shot if it has a really good dorp rate but I'd rather try to find raichu and maybe achieve that 120 combo for the previous mission card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)