Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

Discuess this years free agency and its impact on next season..

So far....

Leaving to another team:
Jeremy Lin signs with the Nets 3 years / $36M
Timothy Mozgov signs with the Lakers 4 years / $64M
D.J Augustin signs with the Magic 4 years / $29M
Ish Smith signs with the Pistons 3 years / $18M
Joakim Noah signs with Knicks 4 years / $70M
Al Jefferson signs with the Pacers 3 years / $30M
Mirza Teletovic signs with the Bucks 3 years / $30M
Chandler Parsons signs with the Grizzlies 4 years / $94M
Evan Turner signs with the Blazers 4 years / $75M
Jerryd Bayless signs with the 76ers 3 years / $27M
Matthew Dellavadova signs with the Bucks 4 years / $38M
Solomn Hill signs with the Pelicans 4 years / $50M
Dwight Howard signs with the Hawks 3 years / $70M
Jeff Green signs with the Magic 1 year / $15M
Jared Dudley signs with the Suns 3 years / $30M
E'Twaun Moore signs with the Pelicans 4 years / $34M
Luol Deng signs with the Lakers 4 years / $72M
Joe Johnson signs with the Jazz 2 years / $22M
Aaron Affalo signs with the Kings 2 years / $25M
Jon Leuer signs with the Pistons 4 years / $42M
Ryan Anderson signs with the Rockets 4 years / $80M
Trevor Booker signs with the Nets 2 years / $18M
Bismack Biyombo signs with the Magic 4 years / $72M
Anthony Tolliver signs with the Kings 2 years / $16M
Al Horford signs with the Celtics 4 years / $113M
Courtney Lee signs with the Knicks 4 years / $48M
Ian Mahinmi signs with the Wizards 4 years / $64M
Eric Gordon signs with the Rockets 4 years / $53M
Cole Aldrich signs with the Wolves 3 years / $22M
Andrew Nicholson signs with the Wizards 4 years / $26M
Rajon Rondo signs with the Bulls 2 years / $28M
Garret Temple signs with the Kings 3 years / $24M
James Ennis signs with the Grizzlies 2 years / $6M
Matt Barnes signs with the Kings 2 years / $12M
Harrison Barnes signs with the Mavs 4 years / $94M
Pau Gasol signs with the Spurs 2 years / $30M
Zaza Pachulia signs with the Warriors 1 year / $3M
Roy Hibbert signs with the Hornets 1 year / $5M
David West signs with the Warriors 1 year / $2M
Brandon Rush signs with the Wolves 1 year / $4M
Nene signs with the Rockets 1 year / $3M
Gerald Henderson signs with the 76ers 2 years / $18M
Brandon Jennings signs with the Knicks 1 year / $5M
Seth Curry signs with the Mavericks 2 years / $6M
Jason Smith signs with the Wizards 3 years / $16M
Dwayne Wade signs with the Bulls 2 years / $52M or 3 years / $78M
Leandro Barbosa signs with the Suns 2 years /$8M
Boban Marjanovic signs with the Pistons 3 years / $21M
Dewayne Dedmon signs withe Spurs 2 years / $6M
Jarret jack signs with the Hawks 1 year / min
Luis Scola signs with the Nets 1 year /
Jared Sullinger signs with the Raptors 1 year / $6M
Grevis Vasquez signs with the Nets 1 year / $5M
Wayne Ellington signs with the Heat 2 years / $12M
Mareese Speights signs with the Clippers 1 year / min
Chris Anderson signs with the Cavs 1 year / min
Derrick Williams signs with the Heat 1 year / $5M
Kevin Durant signs with the Warriors 2 years / $54M

Staying with the team:
DeMar DeRozan stays with the Raptors 5 years / $145M
Bradley Beal stays with the Wizards 5 years / $120M
Hassan Whiteside stays with the Heat 4 years / $98M
Nicolas Batum stays with the Hornets 5 years / $120M
Andre Drummond stays with the Pistons 5 years / $130M
Jordan Clarkson stays with the Lakers 4 years / $50M
Evan Fourneir stays with the Magic 5 years / $85M
Mike Conley stays with the Grizzlies 5 years / $153M <-holy fuck
Kent Bazemore stays with the Hawks 4 years / $70M
Marvin Williams stays with the Hornets 4 years / $54M
Austin Rivers stays with the Clippers 3 years / $36M
Jamal Crawford stays with the Clippers 3 years / $42M
Wesley Johnson stays with the Clippers 3 years / $18M
Deron Williams stays with the Mavs 1 year / $10M
Dwight Powell stays with the Mavs 4 yers / $37M
Tarik Black stays with the Lakers 2 years / $13M
Richard Jefferson stays with the Cavaliers 2 years / $5M
Sasha Vujacic stays with the Knicks 1 year / min
Tim Frazier stays with the Pelicans 2 years / $4M
Tyler Johnson stays with the Heat 4 years / $50M
Allen Crabbe stays with the Blazers 4 years / $75M

Trades:
Jose Calderon traded from the Bulls to the Lakers
Mike Dunleavy traded from the Bulls to the Cavaliers

Last edited:
The Pacers really need to keep Ian Mahinmi. We have Thad Young so we should move Turner to Center which means he'll have to go to the bench but he's an important player for us to keep so if we need to, we can go big. But overall, we don't really need to make a move unless they want to shop Monta Ellis

The Pacers really need to keep Ian Mahinmi. We have Thad Young so we should move Turner to Center which means he'll have to go to the bench but he's an important player for us to keep so if we need to, we can go big. But overall, we don't really need to make a move unless they want to shop Monta Ellis
Pacers just signed Al Jefferson.

Report: Ian Mahinmi is not returning to Pacers

Last edited:
bucks signing mirza is a good move, you get a big guy that can shoot. evan fourneir; no insight on him but he's a solid player from what i know. parsons is overpaid but at least memphis get someone good at SF. evan turner to blazers was unexpected.

Evan Fourneir stays with the Magic 5 years / $85M
Mirza Teletovic signs with the Bucks 3 years / $30M
Chandler Parsons signs with the Grizzlies 4 years / $94M
Evan Turners signs with the Blazers 4 years / $75M

another:
Jerryd Bayless signs with the 76ers 3 years / $27M
Matthew Dellavadova signs with the Bucks 4 years / $38M

solid pickup by bucks again; 76ers finally getting decent players...

Last edited:
dwight howard going to the hawks 3yr/70m

jeff green to the magic 1 yr/15m

mike stays with griz 5yr/153m

shit, just realized mike has the biggest nba contract in history

Last edited:
My first twist response is to bash the Mozgov deal. However, seeing the massive inflation of contracts, I don't think it's as bad as it appears right now.
For one thing, the fourth year is a team option, and the drop in his performance this year was due to offseason knee surgery and a lingering cyst. Still, this deal could end up being another of Jimmy Boys' dumb mistakes. We won't really know for another year or two, and the hope is that Zubac will develop by his 3rd year and we can cut bait with Moz.

I'm surprised at the Turner signing though. 75mil for EVAN FUCKING TURNER?? Did people forget how bad he was before Celtics coach Brad Stevens managed to play him almost exclusively to his strengths? He has almost no outside range and is an average finisher. Not sure what the Blazers were thinking haha.

Lastly, I can't wait to see Dwight fall on his ass, again, in ATL. People are finally starting to realize what Laker fans have known all along; Dwight Howard is the Kim Kardashian of the NBA and Kobe wasn't the problem at all.

My first twist response is to bash the Mozgov deal. However, seeing the massive inflation of contracts, I don't think it's as bad as it appears right now.
For one thing, the fourth year is a team option, and the drop in his performance this year was due to offseason knee surgery and a lingering cyst. Still, this deal could end up being another of Jimmy Boys' dumb mistakes. We won't really know for another year or two, and the hope is that Zubac will develop by his 3rd year and we can cut bait with Moz.

I'm surprised at the Turner signing though. 75mil for EVAN FUCKING TURNER?? Did people forget how bad he was before Celtics coach Brad Stevens managed to play him almost exclusively to his strengths? He has almost no outside range and is an average finisher. Not sure what the Blazers were thinking haha.

Lastly, I can't wait to see Dwight fall on his ass, again, in ATL. People are finally starting to realize what Laker fans have known all along; Dwight Howard is the Kim Kardashian of the NBA and Kobe wasn't the problem at all.
Evan Turner is probably gonna be used as another ball handler because they struggled with only CJ / Damian as their good ball-handler. He's a decent scorer as well from mid-range.

also;

luol deng -> lakers
joe johnson -> jazz

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to see Sacramento keep Rondo and dish Gay + Collison + McLemore + that Greek centre they picked up for Jimmy Butler. This trade gives the Kings a shooting guard who isn't absolutely terrible, gives Cousins a reason to want to stay later on, gives a solid defender for Dave Jorger to start with (if these factors allow Rondo to find his previous form, Sacramento could end up with one of the best perimeter defences in the NBA), and allows the Jewish wonder OMRI CASSPI to get starter's minutes for more floor-stretching fun.

Both Cousins and Rondo shot career-best marks from outside last season, and by starting Casspi, who is coming off the best season of his career, the Kings ideally no longer have any more 3-point woes. The addition of Dave Jorger hopefully helps their defence, especially when developing Cauley-Stein, who should grab starter's minutes next year as well, into a true threat (Cauley-Stein has also shown significant development in his offensive game as last season progressed).

C - Willie Cauley-Stein
PF - Demarcus Cousins
SF - Omri Casspi
SG - Jimmy Butler
PG - Rajon Rondo

Collison gives the Bulls a workable starting PG (he was an extremely efficient scorer in his last two seasons) who isn't amazing, but hey, his contract expires after next season. Gay can uh, handle the scoring load I guess, and McLemore sucks, but hey, what can ya do! I have no idea why the Kings picked that Greek dude at #13 but with Robin Lopez as their only workable centre I'd assume the Bulls would want a bit more depth at that spot, and they can grab a prospect for the future as well.

Obviously this trade doesn't make too much sense considering the Bulls are planning to build around Jimmy Butler, but hey, a guy can dream.

I want to see Sacramento keep Rondo and dish Gay + Collison + McLemore + that Greek centre they picked up for Jimmy Butler. This trade gives the Kings a shooting guard who isn't absolutely terrible, gives Cousins a reason to want to stay later on, gives a solid defender for Dave Jorger to start with (if these factors allow Rondo to find his previous form, Sacramento could end up with one of the best perimeter defences in the NBA), and allows the Jewish wonder OMRI CASSPI to get starter's minutes for more floor-stretching fun.

Both Cousins and Rondo shot career-best marks from outside last season, and by starting Casspi, who is coming off the best season of his career, the Kings ideally no longer have any more 3-point woes. The addition of Dave Jorger hopefully helps their defence, especially when developing Cauley-Stein, who should grab starter's minutes next year as well, into a true threat (Cauley-Stein has also shown significant development in his offensive game as last season progressed).

C - Willie Cauley-Stein
PF - Demarcus Cousins
SF - Omri Casspi
SG - Jimmy Butler
PG - Rajon Rondo

Collison gives the Bulls a workable starting PG (he was an extremely efficient scorer in his last two seasons) who isn't amazing, but hey, his contract expires after next season. Gay can uh, handle the scoring load I guess, and McLemore sucks, but hey, what can ya do! I have no idea why the Kings picked that Greek dude at #13 but with Robin Lopez as their only workable centre I'd assume the Bulls would want a bit more depth at that spot, and they can grab a prospect for the future as well.

Obviously this trade doesn't make too much sense considering the Bulls are planning to build around Jimmy Butler, but hey, a guy can dream.
Kings just signed Aaron Affalo which is a solid pickup. I like your trade idea though, but it's highly unlikely; however there is discussion that Rudy Gay is being shopped to the Pacers as well, I don't know who would the Kings get in return though, so.... Also, Jimmy Butler is actually a mediorce; a little-under average 3pt shooter imo and is better at the postup and midrange, so the Kings would somewhat have some woes from 3 but they that lineup would still have the ability to knock down some 3s being DMC / Omri / Jimmy / Rondo (kind of? he knocked a lot of big ones last yr) able to.

update ->

ryan anderson to the rockets; i think he's a perfect fit for the team as a big man that can shoot from all over the place and shoot 3s as well

bismack biyombo to the magic; overpaid - this dude won't start over ibaka and vucevic...

trevor booker to the nets; love this move...nets are headed in a good direction after billy king's fuck up.

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Knicks land Courtney Lee on a 4 yr $48 mil deal, I can get behind that considering the insane amounts of money bein thrown around this FA period. Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Noah stay healthy plz :(((

rondo to the bulls; solid replacement for the lost of rose, at least the bulls look like they're somewhat in playoff contention but not championship contention

cole aldrich to the wolves; love this pickup, he played so well when deandre was out. good defender and can score in the post

jamal crawford / wesley stay with clips; expected

garret temple to the kings- meh, at least they get another guard

tyler johnson to the nets - hey, the nets are doing something good; solid pickup for them

andrew nicolson to the wizards; he's an ok big man, good backup for gortat over nene

james ennis to the grizzilies; a steal imo

leremyju

Banned deucer.
there's a new point guard in New York and it's not rose.

Also the heat can retain Tyler Johnson but because the way contracts for 2nd round picks work the Nets would pay him 12.5 per year while the Heat would play him 6.5-6.5-18.5-18.5

And Barnes is going to Dallas with a max unless Warriors don't get KD which means they will keep barnes

We retained Whiteside, lost two starters and basically a high energy backup guard in TJ who has really good potential imo while also disrespecting my all time favorite player, FatherPrime.

We are also waiting on KD which we have almost no chance of signing. I have a bittersweet taste about this free agency thus far. Come on Riley...work a little more of your magic, we need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)