Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are we supposed to get more S/M news? I think I heard that something's going to get released at an event on the 26th, but I forgot what the event was called.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
When are we supposed to get more S/M news? I think I heard that something's going to get released at an event on the 26th, but I forgot what the event was called.
Realistically... any day now, actually. The two Pokémon revealed in the last CoroCoro have not yet been revealed worldwide.

As for actual new news... probably when the next CoroCoro leaks.

I'm breeding a standard Curselax (STAB, EQ, Curse, Rest) for the Battle Tower in Crystal, to run each level from 10 to 100. Will begin with Headbutt, but use Body Slam for level 50 onward.

What are some good companions that:

1: Cover the stuff against which Snorlax has problems?
2: Are generally strong and possibly fully evolved already at level 10?
3: Do not need any non-renewable TMs (breeding moves is all right, though)?
If you're worried about non-renewable TMs, why not duplicate them with the cloning glitch?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Looks like I get to answer this question again:

serebii said:
In The Games Department
Pokémon Sun & Moon - Fan Editions

It has been confirmed that the next batch of Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on the official sites on July 1st at 22:00 JST, which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT & 06:00 PDT. It's not currently known what information will be revealed at this time but be sure to keep checking back for news

I'm not sure if this question belongs this section of the forum (please forgive me if I'm mistaken), but I'm just wondering if Pokemon Center outlets in Japan sell those Nendoroid figure? Since I'm going to Japan in a few months, I'm particularly interested in the Red Nendoroid Champion and the standard one. Anyone here been to PC Japan know if they do sell Nendoroid figures?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to complete the national dex (barring events and the Regis) within gen 4 without access to a gen 3 cartridge?

Is it possible to complete the national dex (barring events and the Regis) within gen 4 without access to a gen 3 cartridge?
Yes, assuming you have access to every game and are willing to restart multiple times.
For instance, Glameow you can only get in Pearl, Stunky you can only get in Diamond; Groudon and Latios in Soulsilver and Kyogre and Latias in Heartgold.
In addition, as said, you'd have to restart multiple times. The Kanto starters are available in HGSS, but you can only select one per game file so you'd have to restart to get another.
Also a lot of the cartridge slot-exclusive mon in DPPt are available normally in HGSS.
It would take a LOT of effort, but it is technically possible aside from the Regis, yes.

I'm training a Heracross in Gold Version for Stadium 2, what would be a better moveset: Megahorn/Rest/Sleep Talk/Earthquake, or Megahorn/Earthquake/Endure/Reversal @ Miracleberry?

Also, what's the quickest way to level up in the old GSC games? I'm raising Ho-Oh for Prime Cup and Gym Leader Castle (to go with a lv. 100 Mewtwo and Snorlax) and I don't remember a glitch in those games to get 999 Rare Candies.

Quick question to any Japanese speakers out there, in English both Snubull and Granbull are categorised as being the "fairy" pokemon and obviously their type change in gen VI reflects this. Just curious as to what to what category they are in Japanese, and if it's fairy, any explanation as to why that is

I hear people talking about synchro evolution a lot, but I haven't seen it in any of the Sun/Moon news. Was it a leak or something? What is it supposed to be?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
I hear people talking about synchro evolution a lot, but I haven't seen it in any of the Sun/Moon news. Was it a leak or something? What is it supposed to be?
Basically an educated guess that reverberates through the fandom, based on a mechanic only shown in the Anime so far. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the term was coined by a leak which proved to be fake.

In Omega Ruby i downloaded an event shaymin pokemon and I went to the poke mart to try and find the delievery girl. I looked in multiple marts and she wasn't there. I talked to everyone. How should I recieve this mystery gift?

Ok, so me and my friend have been trying to get Mew. We completely missed the code in February and the deadline to sign up for the newsletter has passed. Is there any other way beside the GTS (can't trade special Pokemon and don't have required ones) that we can do to get it?

Ok, so me and my friend have been trying to get Mew. We completely missed the code in February and the deadline to sign up for the newsletter has passed. Is there any other way beside the GTS (can't trade special Pokemon and don't have required ones) that we can do to get it?
I'm afraid the event is completely over. You'll have to find someone to trade you one.
If it's any consolation, if Pokémon Bank allows Mew from RBGY through, when Sun/Moon comes out there'll be more Mew to go around than the entire human population.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone have a list of all of the revealed second signature moves that Rotom formes age getting in gen 7?
Quick question to any Japanese speakers out there, in English both Snubull and Granbull are categorised as being the "fairy" pokemon and obviously their type change in gen VI reflects this. Just curious as to what to what category they are in Japanese, and if it's fairy, any explanation as to why that is
Snubbull's species is ようせいポケモン (ようせい = fairy (yo-u-se-i); ポケモン = Pokémon (po-ke-mo-n)). Granbull's species is also ようせいポケモン.

It is likely referencing the Cù Sìth, which is a creature in Celtic mythology whose name literally translates to "dog fairy".

Last edited:
NoCheese Edit: This was originally a standalone post, and the title contained the question at issue: what are the chances of a wild Pokemon having 146+ total IVs?

I want to verify my calculations.

31x6=186

146/186=0.785

1-0.785=0.215 --> 21.5%

Is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to verify my calculations.

31x6=186

146/186=0.785

1-0.785=0.215 --> 21.5%

Is this correct?
No

I mean, the calc is correct, but iirc you were asking for the odds of finding a random Pokémon with 146+ IVs. In your calc, you make the assumption that having 186 IVs (= full 31, only one combinaison) is as likely as having 90 IVs (which has many many many many different possible combinaisons). But unfortunately, this is not the case.

There are 1073741824 different IV combinaisons (32^6). I don't really know how to figure out how many of them are 146+ IVs, but I can tell you without any doubt that the odds are far lower than 21.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)