Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salandit looks really, really awesome. Love the design, love the concept, can put up with the name. The only issue is that I'm still Team Litten, whose evolutions could conceivably become Fire/Poison. Not sure if I want to stack the exact same type on my team.

I guess I did go dual Fire starters in X, and there's no confirmation that Litten will become Poison-type when it evolves either, so there's still a good chance I wind up using it!

*Sees new Pokemon Trailer*
...I just felt a great disturbance, like thousands of Ferrothorns screaming in terror before becoming completely silent.
Even without Corrosive, would Ferrothorn really want to stay in against a Fire-type?

Last edited:
There's something people may have not said because we are too hyped and centered on the new pokemon. Did you see the background with the volcanic rocks on that same video? It looks really nice there's even smoke releasing continously.

New meaning to R.i.p: Roasted in Poison

Last edited:
Not going to deep into competitive talk I'm hoping, but just realized it's a pretty good buddy for Hydreigon
Resists: 4x resist fairy, grass, bug. 2x resist poison, fighting, fire, ice, steel.
Weakness: 4x ground, 2x water, 2x rock, 2x psychic

New mon resists 4x to both Hydreigon's Bug and Fairy Weakness. Also resist it's fighting and ice weakness.
In return Hydreigon is immune to ground and psychic along with resisting water.

Just something thought was neat and would like to share.

I confess I don't see the appeal of Salandit's design; to me it just looks grotesque. It's the eyes, in particular.

That typing, on the other hand, really does seem intriguing.

lucariomaster2 said:
I think that's the point - it's supposed to look evil.
Oh sure, but a lot of other people in the thread seem to like the design, whereas I do not.

On other matters, it looks like, despite being called the 'Toxic Lizard Pokémon', Salandit is actually based on a newt; newts are frequently toxic, belong to the family Salamandridae (hence the first part of its name), and the French word for newt is triton, giving the French name Tritox.

Yes a ground type move that negates all immunities to ground outside of wonder guard. Put a dragon type move that negates abilities(apparently) and you got near perfect coverage except vs Whimsicott and cutiefly.
wait do they have levitate? I thought cutiefly had honey gatherer and sheild dust

and then we have this:
Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pokémon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit’s will.

I think the issue is more that Arceus has base 120 stats across the board. Since in-universe it's essentially God, it should have the highest BST of any Pokemon; however, recently GF has been introducing Megas, Primals, and now Zygarde-Complete which are all stronger than it. It just doesn't sit right with me.

I guess Arceus just needs a Mega similar to Ray, with Judgment instead of DA.
We'll get there eventually...and everyone will then wish they kept their mouths shut!

Man, they are really making up for the news drought of a few months back aren't they?

Anyhow, Salandit is super cool, I can't wait to use it in whichever game I end up using Rowlet in. I've wanted a Fire/Poison Komodo dragon or Weezing evo for some time now, so this typing sits very well with me. Not to mention that the typing and design are all so perfectly coherent, well done.

Corrosion is an ability a lot of fans have come up with before but it's nice to see it gain some actual use. I'm not sure that too many steels will be switching into a fire-type but the ability has potential.

As for the typing itself, it is fantastic defensively, only carrying weaknesses to water/psychic/Rock/ground. Pairing it with a bulky grass would work wonders I'm sure, and it's resistances and potential to work as a special tank are promising. Here's hoping that A) it gets and evolution and B) we learn more about it in the upcoming CoroCoro.

Thanks Japan Expo in France :
Masuda announced a new pokemon and youtube has the vid

This guy is in my team !
Am I the only one who think his face resembles Gravity Saurer? Too bad I doubt Salandit will be learning any gravity based moves, like Gravity!

And his cry sounds like a snigger, so assuming he is worth raising, I'm totally naming him Snickers or Chuckles. And if Corrosion gets on a Pokémon with stalling potential, that will change the whole game. The Any Ability meta is about to get really shook up! I can totally see Balanced Hackmons banning this ability.

many think it may evolve into something like a Komodo Dragon-and going by its ability it makes sense due to the acidic saliva they have.

It was shown using Flame Burst in the trailer, which is nice to know. I don't want it to have the Braixen problem of not getting any good stab until level 36

Hopefully it's available at a decent point in the game, because I plan on using that one as well. I have half my team built just from the trailers, which I think bodes pretty well for this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)