Board Game Return of Revenge of Rise of the Diplomacy: The Reckoning (Signups closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey kids, lets play some diplomacy!

For those who have never played, Diplomacy is (usually) a 7-person board game that resembles Risk, except focused entirely on Europe and with all luck-based elements removed. The result is a game that is both very strategic and very political.

Like I said, the game is usually for 7 players. However, I'd also be willing to run the following variants, should there be enough support for them:
-Ancient Mediterranean - a 5 player variant focused on exactly where you would expect
-Westeros - an 8 player variant taking place on the main continent of A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones
-Winter 1900 - same map and # of players as the base game, but with the option to choose which units to start with (this will make more sense when I've posted the actual rules)

Sign ups will close about 48 hours from this post. I'm willing to run as many games as necessary to accommodate the number of signups I receive (within reason). Don't let lack of experience deter you; if there's more than one game running, I'll be splitting it by experience to prevent newbie abuse.

Signups so far (6):
Aura Guardian
Drawesome532
King_
Whydon
shubaka17
Agape

Fill tier (3):
Jalmont
Blazade
Maleovex

Subs (1):
Da Letter El

Last edited:

Ampharos

Oh also: real-time chat access is of paramount importance for this game. Traditionally we've used #thegame on synIRC for Diplo but #circus or the CM room on PS would definitely work as well.

Ampharos

full rules

Btw if you have preference on which country you'd like to be, PM me your order of preference (preferably with all 7 included) and I'll try my best to accommodate everyone

in

not westeros or amed but can do 1900 and/or milan (honestly they're so much better than vanilla; italy is nigh unplayable in vanilla)

please randomize starting countries

also can we use the amazing point system from my last game to determine placement

also imo the NMR => support holds houserule should be enforced 100%, I have no strong opinion on subs but I'd prefer no subs and subouts instead moving to hold home centers as per my prior game (my houserules are the brest)

Ampharos

Closing signups, we're gonna play vanilla unless a bunch of people decide they'd rather do fleet rome. I'll randomize countries since only one person has sent preferences and I know he'd be fine with randomization.

Jalmont Blazade Maleovex anybody particularly want/not want the last slot or should I RNG it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)