Pokémon GO

Just try logging out and logging in again if the problem persists for too long.

Man the servers are taking a real big beating. I hope a patch can come in soon.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think a patch will help the servers, they either need more/more powerful servers or they just need to wait out the initial flood of users until it drops off.

I drove around for an hour today on my lunch break and was not once able to connect. Niantic sucks.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's strange--my workplace's Wi-Fi is average at best, but has been holding up for everyone quite well.

When four different coworkers, none of whom are PokeFans, come to ask you "have you tried this yet?", while you're still stuck on OR...you're looking at a real winner of a game here.

Not gonna be able to take that gym near my house anytime soon, the current leader somehow already has a 400+ CP Pidgeot

I went out walking around my neighborhood for a couple hours and mainly found Poison and Normal types, which seem to be the most common around here (I live near a factory go figure)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not gonna be able to take that gym near my house anytime soon, the current leader somehow already has a 400+ CP Pidgeot

I went out walking around my neighborhood for a couple hours and mainly found Poison and Normal types, which seem to be the most common around here (I live near a factory go figure)
I started a new file this morning (maybe three and a half hours ago?) and already have a 450 CP Pidgeot... so it can't take that long.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Has anyone tried trading Pokemon yet?
I feel like I'll be begging for Jynx from American players.

When Pokemon GO worked in Hong Kong, no one caught Jynx.

My phone's kinda busted and has had problems charging for the past few weeks so I haven't had much chance to play, but I'm really excited to see how detailed the map is for pokemon locations. So far I haven't left town so it makes since the only things I've seen are like pidgeys, rattatas, and weak bugs but I live really close to a national park that has an elk and bison prairie in it so it'd be pretty cool if I can find Tauros there.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
one of the other PS staff has several 750+ cp mons, it's not hard if you have the time to walk around and just catch tons of pokemon. that's the fastest way

I'm a huge mobile person so I'm super hyped about this game. So far, my Pokemon experience has been Pidgeys and Rattatas (I live in a Suburban town). Saw a couple of rarer mons like Jinx, and Dratini but they're always too far or the server crashes when they're in the ball :\ Hopefully Niantic upgrades their servers soon because I need to power up my mons before someone takes the local gyms

Got the app on my mom's phone! Wandered around my 5 acre property and caught two Drowzees and a Primeape. Unfortunately there are no Pokestops near me, but I'm going to a friend's house tomorrow so maybe my mom will let me bring her phone.

EDIT* Also, what is that white pokeball that appears in the corner? Is it a saving picture? An alert for Pokemon?

Double Edit* Just caught a Ratatta while typing this, I guess my house has vermin.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, I suppose I should weigh in.

My brother and I both have Pokémon Go, so we decided to take the Growlithe dog for a walk. My brother was disappointed in the map feature, and neither of us had any idea how to find out which direction a faraway Pokémon was in. Despite this, I was able to catch two Pidgey, and a Spearow when I got home. I still have a few doubts about the game, but right now, I'm leaning towards

Caught a Growlithe and immediately after that a Rapidash in my back yard! :D Used some power ups on the Rapidash too, it's currently at 167 I think. Also caught a Geodude and a Venonat.

Brother found another Pidgey and an Eevee when I gave him a turn.

Caught a Growlithe and immediately after that a Rapidash in my back yard! :D Used some power ups on the Rapidash too, it's currently at 167 I think. Also caught a Geodude and a Venonat.

Brother found another Pidgey and an Eevee when I gave him a turn.
w-what?! Where in the world do you live to catch any fire type? (I'm in a swampy area, so water and poison types galore.)

So I haven't challenged a gym yet so I'm not sure on this mechanic, but in everyone's opinion so far, is it better to have STAB or coverage on Pokémon since I'm pretty sure my pidgeotto has steel wing and twister and I'm not terribly sure how useful that will be.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
EDIT* Also, what is that white pokeball that appears in the corner? Is it a saving picture? An alert for Pokemon?
I'm pretty sure that's a saving symbol, judging by the fact that it spins around like lots of other saving icons.

In other news, I managed to get an Egg from one of those landmark things near my home; it requires walking 5 kilometers to hatch. I'll probably hatch it tomorrow and tell everyone what's in there.

Alright, quick observation: I went to the Pokemon menu (where you can see your captures) and it shows the fraction of Pokemon you've caught out of the total available Mons. Is there any particular reason that the denominator is 250?

Alright, quick observation: I went to the Pokemon menu (where you can see your captures) and it shows the fraction of Pokemon you've caught out of the total available Mons. Is there any particular reason that the denominator is 250?
The amount of Pokemon you can have at one time is 250. If you buy backpacks from the store, you can increase that amount by 50 per bag

"As the launch of Pokémon GO has been hit with various server and login issues, when speaking to Business Insider, Niantic Inc. CEO John Hanke has confirmed that the planned launch rollout of Pokémon GO internationally in countries like the United Kingdom and various other countries in Europe has been paused while the issues are resolved."

<in the distance, screams reminiscent of those in Braveheart are heard>

w-what?! Where in the world do you live to catch any fire type? (I'm in a swampy area, so water and poison types galore.)
Well, I live on a 5 acre farm in the foothills. That might explain it. I've mostly found normal types here with the two fire types, one fighting, and the million Drowzee that keep popping up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)