SPOILERS! General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Did Hawlucha beat Mega Absol ?

Ash really rush this league so easily ... I seriously think he can become the champion ! And he has a very solid team in anime style. Smogon Bird + Greninja Uber (+Mega evolution like) + Two fully Dragon Pokemon (once a pseudo legendary) + Hawlucha + Pikachu WOW

This league has been so disappointing. Several of the battles we've seen have involved 1-hit knockouts or we barely got to see the match in the first place. We're already down to the final 2 battles and I honestly couldn't care less.

So the episode is called Mega Sceptile vs Raichu or something but the fight between the two ends in an instand. I don't understand why Pokemon always does that. Shouldn't that be the highlight of the battle?

So the episode is called Mega Sceptile vs Raichu or something but the fight between the two ends in an instand. I don't understand why Pokemon always does that. Shouldn't that be the highlight of the battle?
I agree with you, but I'd bet anything they only highlighted it so that they could show off Mega Sceptile's Lightning Rod ability...which will--based on the episode--probably come into play with Pikachu before its final showdown vs Greninja.

This league has been so disappointing. Several of the battles we've seen have involved 1-hit knockouts or we barely got to see the match in the first place. We're already down to the final 2 battles and I honestly couldn't care less.
I feel the same way, but there's hope the semi-finals and finals will each get more than just a couple of minutes dedicated to them. It seems like we're not getting another Silver Conference ever again, though...

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The title of the final Kalos league heavily implies that Ash wins.
Let's see if it is only a bait title.

Episode 933: The Finals! Ash VS Alain!!
Episode 934: Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!
Episode 935: Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

So two-parts for the finale ... Will Ash win ? :) I hope so

Yes, it's the most baity tittle I have seen...And it is glorious!

People have been wanting this for 18 years.

I mean, after the season-that-will-not-be-named, it's nice to see Ash get so far and show so much progress, but the Anime seems love Alain and CharX a lot.
We all want to believe that Ash will fly, but he and our dreams have crashed and burned too many times...
Oh well, if Ash loses, at least everyone will hate Alain just as much as I do...

Reactions: JES
Ash wins the league and just as he is about to be crowned the Pokemon League's champion... Team Flare makes their move and the whole thing is interrupted and then cancelled because of it for whatever reason.
Calling it now, I'm already bracing myself for the disappointment that is to come one way or another. Pokemon why you do dis to me :(

Reactions: JES
I mean, after the season-that-will-not-be-named, it's nice to see Ash get so far and show so much progress, but the Anime seems love Alain and CharX a lot.
We all want to believe that Ash will fly, but he and our dreams have crashed and burned too many times...
Oh well, if Ash loses, at least everyone will hate Alain just as much as I do...
Alain actually lost vs a mega slowbro in a noodle incident, lost against Siebold and had a dubious win vs Malva.

Interesting that the Team Flare arc is taking place in Lumiose at the tower, where the Kalos saga essentially began. It's nice in that sense, though I guess it makes sense with Lysandre labs being located there and all. Hopefully it makes up for the league!

Alain actually lost vs a mega slowbro in a noodle incident, lost against Siebold and had a dubious win vs Malva.
It's not whether Alain has won or lost that bothers me, it's his overall character, I guess.
He's an adult, but he's naive. He cares for his Charizard to the point that it took until the finals for his other Pokémon to be seen... It's pretty minor stuff, but it makes it hard to be interested in him.
It's probably just me though...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's not whether Alain has won or lost that bothers me, it's his overall character, I guess.
He's an adult, but he's naive. He cares for his Charizard to the point that it took until the finals for his other Pokémon to be seen... It's pretty minor stuff, but it makes it hard to be interested in him.
It's probably just me though...
He's a bit naive, though that's more because he does let his passion and emotions sometime get the better of him. He tries acting like Mr. Stoic but in actuality his goals are ambition driven (and if anything he has a more obtainable goal than "I want to be a Pokemon Master"). Why does he just use a Charizard (that can Mega Evolve into MCX)? We've seen in flashbacks that Charmander was either his Starter or he got close to the one Professor Sycamore was studying. He went on a journey to help Sycamore learn about Mega Evolution and decided the best way to do so was battling with and against Mega Pokemon. However Mega Stones are difficult to obtain, it's only from Lysandre's intervention did he get both his Key Stone and Charizardite X (which is another factor of itself we'll cover). So it's more than him wanting to win with just MCX but rather he feels he has an obligation to his mentors and doesn't want to disappoint them.

Going back to Lysandre, not only does Alain have loyalties to Sycamore but as well as to Lysandre. During his journey it was Lysandre who sort of picked up being the mentor figure to Alain, giving him the Key Stone, Charizardite X, and as well missions and objectives relating to Mega Evolution. Lysandre has sort of provided Alain with some guidance, though Alain still does what he wants he's perfectly willing to go on missions for Lysandre. Of course Alain didn't know anything about Team Flare at the beginning, he thought Lysandre just wanted to study Mega Evolution like Sycamore but then also use it (Lysandre is a businessman afterall).

The naivety comes back into play here because one thing you have to remember about Lysandre is that he's suppose to be a manipulator, he attracts thousands to his cause (which they need to give him millions to join) including a member of the Elite Four (and a newscaster so he can easily hide Flare's activities from the public); even Sycamore said he was a bit taken away from Lysandre's passion. So Alain is being manipulated by Lysandre, however I don't feel its because Lysandre think he's a complete, on the contrary, seems like Lysandre considers a person of interest even informing him of Team Flare without forcing him to join (maybe as a trial). Alain is being set up to be Lysandre's dragon (insert your on Mega Charizard X joke here).

But back to Alain, all that is admittedly contextual as we don't really see him act differently to Sycamore or Lysandre, how about we talk about one of Alain's most emotionally tense moments and a reason why he may not be more easily controlled by Lysandre. Mairin and Chespie started as unwanted tag-alongs but they became friends with Alain over due time (and Mairin helping to save Alain helped too). However this just meant Alain wants to protect them, and being Mr. Stoic decides the best way to persaude them to stop following him on his more dangerous journey is to push them away. Next thing Alain knows, Chespie is in a coma and Mairin is heart-broken. Alain storms off with a glare in his eyes, not because he's angry at anyone else, but because he's angry at himself. He blames himself for pushing Mairin away which led to Chespie's accident (unaware Lysandre was doing some insidious stuff). He vows to cure Chespie and have Mairin smile again, all making it more easier for Lysandre to manipulate him as Lysandre knows what's truly going on thus the only one who knows how to cure Chespie. Cue Alain then helping Team Flare capture Z2 with no qualms.

I'm sure Alain is going to win. Personally it just doesn't feel right for Ash to win outside of the Kanto/Johto League, especially in a foreign region. I still argue Ash becoming a Kanto Frontier Brain is the best ending for him, the unique battling rules match his style and its in his home region (not to mention he won it and Scott offered him the job which is still open). But outside of that, Alain is not only from Kalos but he's shown to be just as strong as Ash is (Ash's Kalos team is one of his strongest teams, rivaling his Sinnoh Team; not to mention he has Greninja with its pseudo-Mega evolution ability) but more competent, is working with the villain team whose plans have yet to begun, and due to the emotional baggage has more ambition to win. It would also set up Alain's dragon status, as when they need to stop Team Flare that would make Alain one of Ash's biggest threats (and then biggest ally one he snaps to his senses).

So one must then wonder how Alain is going to get out of Lysandre's control. Well before we make any prediction we got to know what the anime is planning. Is Lysandre going to follow his game counterpart's plan (immortality for Team Flare + genocide for everyone else; I think Alain might have a small problem with that plan (especially if its revealed that though Lysandre would want Alain part of his new world, Mairin probably would be in the second part of that plan)) or are they going somewhere different (which if they do they can make it so Lysandre's plan is less extreme thus not much rejection from Alain so it would be up to Ash & co. (and probably also Mairin) to snap him out of it).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I dunno, what if Alain is the next gen lead?
Extremely unlikely, do you know that changing a mascot actually costs dozens of millions to companies? It's a terrible move to give up a recognized brand such as Ash and Pikachu.
Yeah, for better or worse Ash is the anime's main lead and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I would like for them to keep Alain around, though maybe just in Specials battling the new Mega Pokemon they have no room to fit in the normal anime.

That Slaking used sucker punch, not counter, you can't fool me!

Well outside of luchabro getting robbed of his screen glory I actually liked this episode, good to see Shota failing to read a move Ash has capitalized in this league merely because he wasn't expecting the electro ball.

k, this episode has confirmed what I've always thought about Shouta/Sawyer: that kid is one cheap mofo, like wow. He carefully crafted his entire team to be almost completely reactive to Ash's. That's like joining a tour and proceed to ghost the other players just so you may have an advantage against them; it's not against the rules, but it is such a cheap thing to do. Straight up counter-teaming is not cool, never has been and never will be. My jimmies have been rustled and I'm so glad he's losing this one.

Uh what? I'm pretty sure Sawyer had all of Treecko, Bagon, Slurpuff, and Honedge prior to meeting Ash. Adding two Pokemon hardly seems like counter teaming.

Uh what? I'm pretty sure Sawyer had all of Treecko, Bagon, Slurpuff, and Honedge prior to meeting Ash. Adding two Pokemon hardly seems like counter teaming.
Yeah so? My point is that he raised his pokemon to beat Ash's, plain and simple. Heck, he explicitly said that he sent out Slacking 1st because it had been raised to beat Hawlucha in his own game. There's no defending that. Yes, it was a smart move and I am in no way denying it, but it was also incredibly cheap. Imagine an ingame setting—it's pretty much like writting down the opposing team's EV spreads and then making your own.

However, that's obviously just how *I* feel about it, you're entitled to have your own opinion.

I actually really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. The battles were finally not just flying around and one shotting an opponent, but flying around and actually have some kind of battle.
Hopefully Ash wins this league and we can finally end Ash's adventure and replace him with another protagonist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)