Pokemon Elections

Which Of The Winners (And Loser) Would You Have Voted For?

• Greninja

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Arceus

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Mew

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Sylveon

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Simisear

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
I missed the news after long time of hunts....

Voted for... I think I failed as a former artist. Espeon's Day is always a screw up in Pixiv.... Although she still managed to reach #66. But not much better than her siblings.
Malamar is #380. Well... maybe that's still good considering how obviously evil she's often portrayed.
Flygon and Milotic is within top 100, quite rare for Gen 3 Pokemon. Well, excluding legendaries and the waifu Gardevoir others who already has Mega. Nice, they are indeed "unexpected" favourite. Yep, definitely need Megas for them.....
Vaporeon and Jolteon are another personal favorite, and... they're the least voted of Vees. I didn't expect Flareon, who are loved by many around, isn't reaching that high either though. That spot was instead snatched by Glaceon.

Maybe Braixen didn't manage well. I thought her being Serena's ace and starred in Pokken would make her at least be in top 100, but Fennekin stole more of it.... Meh....
True enough though, many times in anime Braixen's focus is in her being... picky. At least Fennekin burning Ash's face was funny and she obviously has much more merchs everywhere.

At least I can laugh. That Arceus forbidden, personally hated hell cretin Vulpix didn't reach higher than all my Psychic faves like Meowstic and Delphox other than Malamar. I can sleep in peace a bit.

Um... that was the point of the election. Choose your favorite Pokemon. Also I don't think a lot of people would sit down and list go through a list of over 700 and order them.
Yeah, but it makes it so that the data is not very useful for figuring out what is actually the most popular pokemon and even more useless for figuring out the other spots after first. (Of course, this is just one of two major flaws this poll had) While it is true that it would be hard to get people to rank all the pokemon, you still could have had people do top 5 or top 10 and I sure have no issue with people not doing it because of that.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Somehow 4 of me and my friend's main OCs made top 100. Sylveon at 5, Hydreigon at 60, Flygon at 65 (:D), and Noivern at 85. Let's hope they all get Megas now :P

It's nice to see that nostalgia seems to not be as much of an influence in Japan as it would be the West. That may be due to the fact that Pokemon's presence is consistently stronger in Japan. The newer pokemon receive attention through the media that they don't really get here.

Also, it looks like Simisear really was the only one to get zero votes since the list took into account ties. The moveset they gave for its distribution is underwhelming but it giving it a rare, powerful move probably wouldn't help much. For many players, there is a clear divide between the pokemon we like and the pokemon we choose for competitive use. Looking at this list, competitive viability doesn't seem to be a major factor for the people who voted.

Last edited:
It's kind of strange to me since Japan's culture places a lot more emphasis and importance on the past and what came before (which could go a long way in explaining how little the formula has changed over the years as well as mega evolution). But hey, I'm certainly happy to see all gens represented.

Surprised that Shedninja is more Popular than Pokemon like Aggron, Heracross, and Feraligatr. Guess that its concept + ability must be more appealing in Japan than it is here.

Duskull being in the bottom 100 surprises me as well. Thought it would be at least a little bit more popular considering that it was one of the first gen 3 pokemon revealed. Same with Honedge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)