The World Cup of Pokémon XI - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs East, always a pleasure playing against you guys. A few unfortunate games in the series, but I think the better team advanced this year. Good luck repping USA now. It's all on you!

My West bros - this was the first year we've had so many new players on the team. Usually a lot of the vets come back, and I'll be honest, I wasn't too confident in our lineup at the start of the season. You guys definitely proved me wrong, and I'm looking forward to seeing you grow and improve even more until next year. I'm not sure I'll be around to play again after this, but I'll always be here to cheer you on.

I'm feeling pretty lazy, so the only shout out from me this year goes to dice. Even though your dumbass got banned before the season started, you still stuck around and helped the team out immensely. Whether it was team building or hurling insults, I could always count on you for some action in our channel.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my performance this season. I won every game I actually prepared for (fucking sweep pressuring me to play before I could build), and I think my teams were pretty fun and unique. I'm not sure how much more competitive Pokemon I have left in me, but I think my time is almost done.

A lot of people complain about this community, and yes, it can really be AIDs sometimes. But at the same time, I've created friendships and bonds through here that I cherish deeply. I hope everybody remembers that at the end of the day, this is a game we play for fun. Don't lose sight of that.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

ggs East.

i think the match loss this week was largely my fault, the tempo of the series would have been different if i managed to play good for once but that didn't happen. i'm sorry team. i got into a match up we prepared for and i still managed to botch it. classic val. i don't think East ORAS is particularly impressive but at least it's above average, and of course their oldgens are solid.. no shame in losing to East, just unfortunate we didn't actualize our full potential.

it was a blast putting the roster together this year.. it's my favorite part of any team tour and i'm glad i was involved with that. thanks rozes, phil, mambo, mithril, i think we found some really solid talent this year. i hope i can come back and participate with that next year!

huge middle finger to raseri (and oglemi partially), i think it would have been just fine to unban conspire a couple days early to allow him onto the team. you denied him invaluable tournament experience, i think you were being harsh with someone who wasn't very familiar with the fourms and our community. just for clarity i don't associate his lack of membership with our loss, i just think you robbed him of learning experience and a chance to break out into the tournament scene.

i think some of the early TD decisions regarding eligibility were very sloppy and should have been executed more efficiently and fairly (or just not executed at all). all i can really say now is, please follow through with changing the United States borders for next year.

i'm proud of each and every member of the team new and old, we put on a good performance and i'm looking forward to what we can do in the future. i'm sure that someday..

Someday Together We'll Shine.
Lol forget ever getting any kind of leniency from me ever again then you dumbass, if that's how you wanna play the game

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
With all due respect to Val (he actually had a coherent argument when it came to redoing the borders a while back, even if it wasn't necessarily universally agreeable & on a different note, he had a good overall tournament for his team I guess), he basically took a positive post in a thread everyone was watching/reading and used it to call out various people that hold authority in the community instead of either saying nothing or being upset at the person who got himself banned in the first place. Seems like a poor addition to the post if you ask me - the people it was directed at shouldn't have to take his shit when it's totally avoidable, so I don't think it or the response has anything to do with "fragile egos"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)