The UU Open V - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Teal I'm sorry to say but, your highlights are way off from what the actual highlights of uu open are. Its ok though, as an "esteemed member of the uu community" I'm here to help you out and give predicts.

#1 Sacri' vs groudon518
I believe in user groudon518 and his power to overcome the french. The french grand slam skype group may give him some trouble though if they all decide to work together. Groudon518 is probably TOP 2 ORAS UU and a SOLID player and I really do think he is up to the task to take down the frenchies, I mean groudon is 3.5 m and 5.0 m in primal. I would be terrified too if I had to go up against that.

#2 Microwavable vs Terraquaza
Sorry Terraquaza, you are an amazing player maybe even TOP 2 ORAS UU, but Microwavable is probably TOP 1 ORAS UU and I can tell you without a doubt that he is going to win uu open this year and take home the trophy, however this is probably THE best battle of the entire uu open so I encourage you all to watch it. They both really are just that SOLID.

#3 Kairak vs LittleRunnerXC
Lino one can catch the man known as littlerunnerxc. He is a high top of the line entrepreneur with grand ambitions for real life, pokemon, and winning grand slam as a whole. He's probably even TOP 2 ORAS UU. Kairak may be new and upcoming in the pokemon scene and has been talked up a lot for this open, but he just doesn't have the many years of work experience under his belt like LittleRunnerXC. Those give him power in both pokemon and life.

#4 Turok The Gecko vs CobalionCouncil
No matter how many years you've spent at Geico Mr. Turok The Gecko, I don't think you can stand up to the esteemed based god and TOP 2 ORAS UU player CobalionCouncil. This will be an amazing match, no lie, but CobalionCouncil beat esteemed 9-1 uupl player Hairy Toenail (Hot fresh plug like it up fams http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pspl-iv-group-stages-week-1.3575297/page-12#post-6871088), so he is bound to do nothing less than SOLID this uu open. Mr. Gecko will have to play at his top level performance to be able to take on the god, king and potential champion of this uu open.

Teal, if you could please update the op for these high level game predictions along with yours, I would really appreciate it.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
why do you have to post replays? some ppl don't have the time to build 3 teams per week.

edit: i'm serious, what reason is there to force people to post replays? if you want to see some uu games you can always search the replays site.
all this does is force people to build new teams every round, support the whole counterstyling movement, which is counter-productive if you want a metagame to develop and settle. it supports the whole "gimme teams plssssss" kinda approach, which gives people with a better social network an advantage. you can't expect people to build 20 good teams for one tournament, especially considering that this'll run simultaneously with 5 (!) other tournaments which also require teambuilding. this is not just time consuming, it's unfair towards people who have a job / school / whatever responsibilities.

Last edited:
why do you have to post replays? some ppl don't have the time to build 3 teams per week.

edit: i'm serious, what reason is there to force people to post replays? if you want to see some uu games you can always search the replays site.
all this does is force people to build new teams every round, support the whole counterstyling movement, which is counter-productive if you want a metagame to develop and settle. it supports the whole "gimme teams plssssss" kinda approach, which gives people with a better social network an advantage. you can't expect people to build 20 good teams for one tournament, especially considering that this'll run simultaneously with 5 (!) other tournaments which also require teambuilding. this is not just time consuming, it's unfair towards people who have a job / school / whatever responsibilities.
Replays for this tour are not for seeing who has good teams, it's for confirming no one is lying about winning/losing. May have missed something in here but i don't remember everything else.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
you can make a screenshot too, or save the replays but not force people to make them public. there's better ways of making sure that nobody claims a totally fabricated win (which is probably not going to happen anyway...)

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

As far as I remember, this Rule was only added in UU Open III, and did not extend to other Opens. To my knowledge, it is encouraged but not required to post replays of your matches, though the wording in the OP carries a heavy implication to do so that I don't particularly agree with. I am not aware of a match that was annulled because the winner did not post replays in the thread (proof: I have always avoided doing so specifically for the reasons you posted).

Yellow Skarmory - Proof is usually only required in case of a dispute (but you should always keep track of your replays / logs just in case!).

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

The wording in the original post is taken directly from last year, where it was a "rule" that was completely not enforceable.

Either way you can feel free not to post them as several people have but if for whatever reason it comes into dispute please ensure you have a way of proving yourself the victor as otherwise I cannot promise a ruling.

edit:

see the following: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-uu-open-iv-round-1.3545599/ , http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-uu-open-iii-round-1.3513006/ (both previous iterations had the rule, and neither were followed with diligence)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)