NOC Amnesiac Mafia game 2 - village wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The ruler of all organized crime in Forgetsville, The Don, used the highly experimental element Mafiosium to cause everyone to forget who they were! He and his lackeys must pay for their actions on the noose, especially since they're planning to wipe out the good people of Forgetsville, leaving only a wretched hive! Luckily, Forgetsville is an absolutely tiny town, so it was easy to find records of everyone who lived there and surprisingly, their alignment:

Villagers:

Miles Ayor: This guy sleeps like a rock at night, so he has no night action, but his confidence allows him to fill in thrice as many ballots whenever he votes on something - perhaps related to his position as mayor of Forgetsville. (Mayor whose votes count for three)

Virgil Ante: Virgil Ante is a man hunting down the mafia, as they murdered his parents. But he's just not a very confident person - to murder someone, he has to target them to gather his confidence to kill them one night, and when he has, he can target them on any subsequent night to kill them. (vigilante - kills a target they've already targeted a previous night, does nothing the first target.)

Dr. P. Sychiatrist: An expert in restoring people's repressed memories, Dr. P restores the memories of her target. (sends their target their role pm)

The Watcher: The cosmic but decidedly mortal entity only known as the watcher can follow someone around at night and use a psychic link to inform everyone by whom that person was approached. (Announces the names of everyone who targeted their target, except themselves.)

Staunch McOmniguard: The gruff, bearded face of this short but stout man is enough to scare off virtually anyone who tries to approach his target. (Prevents everything, bad and good, from working on the target)

Perry Sonaltrainer: Perry Sonaltrainer's trained himself personally into a personal trainer. This personal training enables him to force his target to target themselves (makes their target target themselves, cannot redirect kills)

Mafia:

The Don: The Big Man Himself, The Don is an unquestionably evil man bent on the destruction of all who do not obey him. That's why he made everyone else, even his own followers, forget who they were, and goes around murdering folks. (Standard killer, knows he is mafia)

Steven Terry Ferdinand Umami a.k.a. Silencer: This guy greatly enjoys silence. That's why he carries around a chloroform rag: so he can shut people up. Kind of a weird habit really. (standard silencer, second in line to inherit the don's role.)

Harold Ooker: This man is simply distracting. (standard hooker, first in line to inherit The Don's role.)

• You may not communicate about the game outside of the thread.
  • A player cannot target themselves, but may at night PM internet and vonFiedler with "Night X - Target USER". If you idle, say so.
  • If you are silenced, do not speak in the thread under any circumstances for the duration. Godkilling yourself intentionally or threatening to are not allowed.
  • No post editing.
  • Bold vote in order to lynch people.
  • Feel free to ask any questions about how priority works! It uses vonfiedler's usual logic puzzle format.

ALIVE
King_
Asek
U-Turn Out
ButteredToast
GoodMorningEspeon
arugalove
Ullar
Maleovex
Haruno

It is now Night 0. There are no kills, however, the Godfather may still target a player just to make it appear as if they targeted that player (on n0 only).

Deadline is in 48 hours. NO EXTENSIONS. This is not difficult.

No talking at night.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You go through your morning routine and head out to the town square for a long day of discussion and lynching. Just when you arrive, you realize there was no psychic communication. This must mean that the watcher failed to spot anyone.

It is now day 1. day 1 will last for 72 hours.

Notifications (silence, psychiatrist, failed actions) are all out.

damn this is really hard. so what exactly can we even do, without watcher results? i guess there will most likely be a godfather kill tonight; even if he doesn't have info (how would he?) it's favorable for mafia to randlynch, >75% chance to hit village

(sorry if what i'm saying is obvious or incorrect, first game)

should we randlynch someone? idk how we're going to get information and get the game moving without either lynching someone tonight or ensuring we get watcher results tomorrow.

Day One no lynches are usually bad ideas almost all the time, but discussions about them is inevitable I guess. This game is pretty different in that the mafia don't know that they are mafia until the village helps them be mafia. That means we are scum hunting for one person and the rest are shots in the dark connected to other people. However, before I wage an opinion to the lynch, I need some things cleared up.

First, one question I have from our hosts (vonFiedler , internet) is if they can shed a light on the Don's powers? Role wise it says that he is a standard killer who knows he is mafia, but flavor wise, it says that he was the person who made everyone forget who he is. My question is, if you can answer it, what is the extent of the Don's knowledge? Does he just know he is mafia? Does he know who else is mafia? Does he know all the village roles?

Second, while we didn't get a watch, we still have a silence that possibly went through. If everyone posts in this thread who can post, we can figure out who got silenced. Gives us a good clue to go by to start figuring out these roles because whoever was silenced isn't the silencer.

Also, if you have not done so, PLEASE watch and follow the Game 1 of this thread. While I know that keeping up with two Wall-o-Text NOCs will be a time consuming pain in the ass, it can do nothing but help. Especially for the newer players.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
There's no real way to get information atm ._. and standard mafia tactics such as pressure don't really hold up since pretty much no one knows their roles bar the don. N1 is mostly used for discussing strategy. Unsure about a randlynch in this sort of set up BUT for now it seems best to see if we can get players to post to figure out who didn't get silenced and in tandem figure out who the silencer is.

i agree with butteredtoast that we should lynch day one. we have no information that we can use but wasting the lynch is kind of pointless. Even though there is only one mafia who knows they'll probably have some sort of slip which I'll be looking for. Just need people to talk and eventually something will probably break out just like every other game.

For the record, I haven't reached a conclusion about the lynch and I don't want to influence anyone into thinking that lynching is the move. You need to come up with your own rationale and back it up. But I feel like lyncing is probably the best move for the village. The ass (and genius on von's part) of this game is that we don't know who the hell we are and what side we are on. After we find who was silenced, we're going to exist in this quantum world of probabilities to our roles.

There are 9 roles in this game for the 9 people. The Don knows who he is, so every one of us who is wondering about our roles can eliminate the fact that we are the Don. Looking at this mathematically, we all have a 2 in 8 chance of being village. Now, I don't know about you, but I've played enough fire emblem to know how often a 75% chance attack misses and a 25% chance crit hits. So while we are statistically all town leaning, we are still reserved mafia.

Now, the silencer helps make these odds a bit better because we can eliminate the possibility of ourselves being the silencer if the person we targeted speaks. If whoever you targeted speaks, you now have a 1 in 7 chance of being village. And that 14% chance is a whole lot better to go on and you can better proceed with playing the game as village mathematically. Now if whoever you targeted is the one silenced, you have a 1 in X chance of being mafia, where X is the number of people who targeted the same person including yourself. It'd be safe to assume that maybe 1 or 2 other people might have targeted the same person as you... but even then your odds of being mafia jump from being 14% of not speaking to a likely 33% - 100% odds of being mafia.

So while we don't know who we are or what faction we're apart of, mathematically we can make decent guesses. Based on information, people will subconsciously act a certain way. And if that information changes, peoples actions and beliefs might change. This means scum slips and scum hunting are still fair game, because we'll be looking for changes in behavior and pressuring people to explain their actions from their point of view. And it's really hard to make up and argue another side from their perspective effectively.

I think that the town has play that can contribute to a decent lynch, because we have the don who could scum slip and we have whoever targeted the person silenced who might show scum-ish rationale. And we have people whose mentality might change over time through figuring out their role or through Dr. P targeting them.

But in order to figure things out, we need to start talking in depth and reasoning out our thoughts on the game.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
For the record, I haven't reached a conclusion about the lynch and I don't want to influence anyone into thinking that lynching is the move. You need to come up with your own rationale and back it up. But I feel like lyncing is probably the best move for the village. The ass (and genius on von's part) of this game is that we don't know who the hell we are and what side we are on. After we find who was silenced, we're going to exist in this quantum world of probabilities to our roles.

There are 9 roles in this game for the 9 people. The Don knows who he is, so every one of us who is wondering about our roles can eliminate the fact that we are the Don. Looking at this mathematically, we all have a 2 in 8 chance of being village. Now, I don't know about you, but I've played enough fire emblem to know how often a 75% chance attack misses and a 25% chance crit hits. So while we are statistically all town leaning, we are still reserved mafia.

Now, the silencer helps make these odds a bit better because we can eliminate the possibility of ourselves being the silencer if the person we targeted speaks. If whoever you targeted speaks, you now have a 1 in 7 chance of being village. And that 14% chance is a whole lot better to go on and you can better proceed with playing the game as village mathematically. Now if whoever you targeted is the one silenced, you have a 1 in X chance of being mafia, where X is the number of people who targeted the same person including yourself. It'd be safe to assume that maybe 1 or 2 other people might have targeted the same person as you... but even then your odds of being mafia jump from being 14% of not speaking to a likely 33% - 100% odds of being mafia.

So while we don't know who we are or what faction we're apart of, mathematically we can make decent guesses. Based on information, people will subconsciously act a certain way. And if that information changes, peoples actions and beliefs might change. This means scum slips and scum hunting are still fair game, because we'll be looking for changes in behavior and pressuring people to explain their actions from their point of view. And it's really hard to make up and argue another side from their perspective effectively.

I think that the town has play that can contribute to a decent lynch, because we have the don who could scum slip and we have whoever targeted the person silenced who might show scum-ish rationale. And we have people whose mentality might change over time through figuring out their role or through Dr. P targeting them.

But in order to figure things out, we need to start talking in depth and reasoning out our thoughts on the game.
Just a nitpick, you were saying "1 in 8/7 chance to be village," when it actual fact those figures were for your chance of being Mafia. (Will post something substantial in ~8 hours.)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
ok, so there's one fella who knows who they are - the watcher

that's cool I guess

I personally agree with the sentiment that we should claim who went where - if anything, it helps us to establish who is whom, and gives us some basis to work with

in addition, I also agree we should lynch SOMEbody today, even though we have less to work with than a usual d1 NOC (which isn't much at all). I personally disagree with the design of the don not knowing who his lackeys are, but I digress.

Will post again once more others have posted.

I need to know why you think that claiming who is who is a good move. To me, I feel like it is villages best interest to try to lock shit down as much as possible and make this a pretty big shitstorm guessing game for the Don. Not to make it easier and help the don figure out town roles and mafia to figure out their own roles.

Remember this is just a 9 person game. We don't have the time in my opinion to figure out who is what. Especially considering that the village is in an info hole because our watcher turned out nothing.

This isn't a hard opinion, but right now I think the best town move is to keep shit in the dark right now T1 and see how this lynch and the night unfolds.

Yeah i agree, it seems like having ppl say their results just reduces the likelihood of scum roles targeting each other.

At the current level of discussion tho i don't think a rand lynch will tell us much, and i think we should be open to the possibility that in this playstyle d1 rand lynch is not a good play. So let's talk about that.

In the meantime, lynch Ullar. Cuz he's advocating something i disagree with and think would benefit scum

Asek GoodMorningEspeon King_

Asek was on last night and has had time to make a post.

GoodmorningEspeon has been seen on the forums 18 minutes ago.

King was on viewing this thread 8 minutes ago.

Not all of you are silenced. You need to be posing in this thread and saying something to at least contribute to the game or ask for a sub who will. It's really hard to play a NOC game when a third of the player base refuses to contribute.

Asek

Banned deucer.
I am actually fairly opposed to a day 1 lynch

Look at the numbers. 6-3, if we mislynch today, AND the godfather hits a village tonite we are already in LYLO come tomorrow. The mafia will likely find out who they are a lot quicker than village (i think silencer would already have a good idea if they are the silencer or not), and as such I think we need to have as much info as possible before taking a lynch action I think we're in a much better position to let no lynch go by today, and then re evaluate tomorrow when we will have a another cycles worth of information, most noticeably we will hopefully have something from the watcher in order to try figure out this puzzle. A mafia lynch MAY be better for the village than a village lynch is for mafia, but the gf can push a randlynch onto somebody and have a fairly likely chance of hitting something other than his team.. I really don't think we should push for a day 1.

Now onto role things:

I'm going to assume king_ is silenced. He looked pretty eager to talk during night, and now he says nothing? Thats a surefire sign he is silenced, so there we can scrub one player out of possible silencers at least. I've never seen GME in a mafia game, but out of those 2 i'm very certain that king_ is the one that would be talking if he wasnt silenced.

I'm just going to guess that at least 3~ members of this game have a fairly good idea of who they are (gf + doc target + silencer), but I don't really think claiming will work too good in this game as its rather hard to prove anything, and counterlclaiming can be done quite easily as well.

I will say however for the doctor to target somebody they see leading discussion. A lot better for this group to know their role rather than those not speaking.

I would like to ask now : Do you all want to establish which roles you believe should claim once they know who they are? As I said above, its quite hard to prove anything, but by tomorrow most people will have a shortlist of roles they could be, and I think theres merit to figuring this out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)