Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Huh, those super-move looking things makes me think that maybe the 4chan leak might have not have been BS. It would fit nicely with Cresselia~~ 's rumor as well. Link for those of you who forgot: http://imgur.com/a/yHo2o

Granted this was obviously not the trailer since it didn't have those two Pokemon mentioned. I guess we'll have to see if we get a new trailer soon!

...Is that a Lillipup? Primal puppy confirmed.

Jokes aside, I'm seriously hyped for these games. I'm on the fence right now with the bear thing and Pikaghost, but the majority of information/coverage released so far has me pretty darn excited. Even the improvements in battle terrains is impressive (check out the Poliwag scene @ 1:06)!

Those fucking poses, omg...

But the new evolution method seems cool. It might only unlock one new move, maybe a fifth move. Might be like mega evolution and you can only use it once per battle. Pikachu has one, and each of the starters has one too. It might be linked to type, as the pose (hahaha) for Pikachu was a lightning bolt. Maybe every Pokemon can use a Signature Move, based on their type (primary? both?). Sorry if this goes too much into theorymonning.

Guys, any idea what the heck this thing on the top of the screen is? It looks like some sort of altar with multicolored gems in front of it.
Looked like maybe a tree with berries to me.

Other pokemon we saw that may be returning: Fletchling, Butterfree, Eevee, Lillipup, Poliwag, Miltank, Pancham, Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo.

I'm wondering if this "supermove" isnt' just going to be unique to pokemon by type rather than species, since they all showed the type symbols when syncing with the trainers.

HATLESS CONFIRMED!!!!

Looked like maybe a tree with berries to me.

Other pokemon we saw that may be returning: Fletchling, Butterfree, Eevee, Lillipup, Poliwag, Miltank, Pancham, Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo.

I'm wondering if this "supermove" isnt' just going to be unique to pokemon by type rather than species, since they all showed the type symbols when syncing with the trainers.
That's what I'm thinking.

I thought I might give my two cents about the new leaks and stuff. Why should you care about my thoughts over the thoughts of these other posters?
Because my profile picture is a god damn flaming Goomy. That should be reason enough for you.

Salandit
Salandit looks awesome. You can tell he's probably based on a fire salamander, and the "-andit" in his name comes from "bandit." After all, he looks like he has a mask tied over his head. It has a body shape kind of similar to Sandile's, even if it is a bit more flexible looking and skinnier. Sandile also has a little bandit thing going for him in his design. Salandit is still really cool and I like how they're really pushing this whole Fire/Poison thing.

Corrosion is a very cool ability, if not a bit of a pointless one since you can just use Will-O-Wisp instead. Besides, most Steel-types will have a Ground or Rock type move to clobber Salandit anyway. If he does evolve, I hope it's awesome. I don't want another Helioptile where the potential is there, only for it to become an underwhelming Pokemon that looks more like a middle-stage.

I love this one, though.

Kiteruguma
The Normal/Fighting type, and yet another dual typing. Seriously, mono typed Pokemon can still be cool too, you know.
Whatever his English name will be, I like how integrating the Normal typing on this thing's design didn't make it look like an absolute failure of God like Drampa.

I imagine he'll be firing off those Chip Aways and Retaliates alongside his Brick Breaks and Superpowers. Maybe he'll evolve into something pretty cool. I imagine like... two stages for this guy. So it'll be him and whatever he evolves into. I can't imagine what the Fluffy ability will do, but it'll likely be unique. It'd better be good, considering it's paired alongside Klutz.

I think this one can be alright. Don't have too many issues with it.

Mimicyu
It seems to be a Ghost/Fairy type, and some type of small creature that hides under a cloth that looks like Pikachu. Apparently, it wears it because it wants to be loved. What...?

And I guess putting the word "Mimic" in its current name helps this concept that I imagine will take time for the fanbase to accept. Maybe he'll evolve into something really cool and his Pikachu cloth will change shape somehow.

There's potential here.

Returning Features
Pokemon-amie and riding are all returning. Cool. I want there to be more things to do in Amie, because let's face it, it got boring after a few days of playing it. It looks a bit different- I hope they don't just recycle the Pokemon-amie of Gen 6. Something new and fun would be nice.

Riding is alright. Besides the Skiddo on Route-Whatever, riding Pokemon was actually really tedious. They were often really slow and lumbering, and you HAD to deal with the wild encounters because your repels didn't work. I want faster Pokemon you can ride in areas that won't get me stuck in constant encounters if I don't want them.

That is all.

Riding is alright. Besides the Skiddo on Route-Whatever, riding Pokemon was actually really tedious. They were often really slow and lumbering, and you HAD to deal with the wild encounters because your repels didn't work. I want faster Pokemon you can ride in areas that won't get me stuck in constant encounters if I don't want them.
Um, Repels totally worked when I used them on riding Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)