Worst Nuzlocke Death

Lost my Kadabra in my Emerald run yesterday. Critted by the Gardevoir of the last trainer in Victory Road. I had it since before Roxanne ;_;. But now I'm training a Flygon that sat in the Day Care as a Trapinch for the entire game, so it's all good

I remember doing an emerald nuzlocke. I think I had Grovyle, Tentacool, Whismur, Gyarados and Zubat. I went to fight Brawly. He killed ALL of my pokemon except for zubat. Knowing that it was lost, I used zubat. Makuhita was Brawly's last pokemon, and somehow my weak zubat managed to confuse and finally defeat Makuhita. I could not believe my eyes.

Yesterday, my Black Nuzlocke. Thebes my Fraxure vs Cincinno.
Cincinno is first. It uses Tail Slap.
Critical Hit!
Critical Hit!
Critical Hit!
Critical Hit! Thebes fainted!
Kill. Me. Now.
Reminds me of a recent Platinum nuzlocke with Airhead the Driftblim. Airhead was rather tanky and could definitely eat hits(It took a crit ominous wind from Giratina-O). I'm grinding on Gravelers at Sendoff Spring, when one survives with the quintessential 1hp to do this:

lvl 37 Graveler used Rock Blast!
Critical hit!
Critical Hit!
Critical Hit!
It's super effective!
hit 4 times!

Airhead fainted. Level 48, just before Volkner, and he faints.

This nuzlocke was tough either way. I ended up sacrificing Quagmire the Quagsire to Cynthia's Togekiss because it crited the rather slow Garchomp I had raised. Shulk the Gallade also went down to a rypherior megahorn crit. Guess he felt it too much. However, Skyla the Staraptor quite literally solo'd Cynthia's Garchomp by herself at only level 58. Even after Cynthia's AI managed to make a prediction by switching into lucario on a Return. Still didn't save her Chomp.

Siamese the Persian in Emerald. (Randomizer NL)
I walked in the Rustboro gym pretty confidently with him in the lead, only to know it was a Ghost type gym.
The first gym trainer/minion had a Gengar & I had no non-Normal attacking moves. So I just had to sit there & watch that Gengar ShadowTag (abilities were randomized too) my Persian, Poison it & kill it.
R.I.P. Siamese, you were missed throughout the run.

P.S. The slight upside was that I actually completed that run with only 3 deaths & using a total of just 9 pokemon. It was my first ever nuzlocke too, so that felt good :)

My Electabuzz (LIVEWIRE) in my White 2 Nuzlocke died today.

Triple battle.
Electabuzz gets hit twice by my opponent's pokemon. It's in the reds.
I have Jellicent in the middle.
I realize I used Surf.
Electabuzz dies from a not very effective attack from a teammate.

RIP. DEADWIRE.

Just posting because I need a bit of a vent, lost my first Nuzlocke on the Champion in Blue today, I had three Amnesia's up on my Snorlax when his Alakazam critted with Psychic OHKOing... it then proceeded to psychic my remaining Venasaur and Haunter into oblivion. So frustrating!!

So my first randomized Nuzlocke was Ruby. At one point, everyone on my team died except for Cum, the Muk. So of course, I was forced to beat the game with a literal pile of shit. Cum was a fucking G though. He had Cosmic Power and Earthquake and tanked fucking everything. He simply wouldn't die, as if he wanted to finish what we had started. Together we caught new members and crushed all the Gyms. At one point I even taught him Surf and I rode on his back as he polluted the water supply of Hoenn. Then we got to Victory Road.

And this Ace Trainer nigga sends out a Kabutops and FUCKING GUILLOTINES my beloved pile of shit. RIP.

(and btw I lost the Nuzlocke like 10 minutes after that rip)

I lost all of my team except my Grovyle Slippy yesterday in my OR nuzlocke to May's Combusken. Slippy had like 10 HP and was paralyzed, but the quick attack hit and I won barely.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
My LeafGreen nuzlocke has been fun
and by fun I mean oh so horrible

All the water types I wanted to use died, especially Bartle the Vaporeon and Flex Wexel the Kabuto (who died to a Fearows Crit Rock Slide off a Mirror Move with just 2k exp be for he evolved, I thought mirror move would fail if you used an item between attacks, as the last thing you did wasnt attack.)
Oh and Quavl the Lapras who died to Blaines Arcanines Fire Blast. The thing took out ALL of my HP from a non-crit. 187 HP. Gone.

Not to mention all the other things who died to explosions or crits or surviving explosions but dying the same turn to poison. That actually sums up literally all like 8 of my other deaths.

Deaths SO FAR:
Gla'rg the Charizard
Kog the Pidgeot
Heap the Sandslash
BYOORF the Primeape
Cozzu the Slowpoke
Quavl the Lapras
Bartle the Vaporeon
Big Teflon the Gyarados
Flex Wexel the Kabuto
EGG'O the Ninetales

My Victreebel is the only one of my original 6 who is still alive.

On the other hand Gen 2 is so ez to Nuzlocke (talkin gsc here.) No deaths in my Gold run and im currently infiltrating the Radio Tower. Hopefully it stays that way.

Reactions: JES
White 2 Nuzlocke, 1 death, at Virbank Complex with Snivy, Azurill, Sunkern and Magnemite, lost my first catch, a Purrloin, Lvl 6, to a Lillipup, Lvl 7, because of a crit tackle. RIP Stellar, you will always be remembered for having Unburden as your ability and being my first catch.

Just a few minutes ago, I lost my Gallade in my Pokemon Y Wedlocke. I was trying to get him a few extra levels before we took on Lysandre for a final time. There was a double battle with a Scrafty and a Houndoom. I figured I'd make short work of both of them, so I just arbitrarily used Power-Up Punch twice to kill Scrafty. The first turn, Serena's Meowstic used Fake Out on the Houndoom and he flinched. But the second turn, right after I finished off the Scrafty, Houndoom used Foul Play which killed my Gallade in one hit. It was completely out of nowhere and I can't believe it happened. He was the last of my original team members remaining. I was planning on using him and his partner Tyrantrum in the Lysandre battle and now I don't know what I'm gonna do. I hope his death doesn't cause me to lose this challenge ):

"Oh my Gabite can live a Dazzling Gleam from a Sylveon" I say as I lose the only decent Pokemon in an X Wonderlocke. Other than that I generally take a couple of weaker 'mons for fodder against gyms I'm underlevelled for.

Last edited:
Losing HeartGold the Granbull in Reflection Cave...to a Wobbuffet. I breezed through the rest of the cave with the other five but this one really stung, especially since Granbull had single-handedly tanked the battle against Grant earlier when I didn't want to risk my Hippopotas against his Amaura.

On my 2nd Pokémon RED Nuzlocke on the Saffron City Gym, i was using my Electabuzz, "BLBLBLBL" [That was the sound it made on the anime] against Sabrina to her Level 43 Alakazam..
I used Thunder on it, it got paralyzed.
It still hit my BLBLBLBL with Psychic, i used Thunder again..
"Missed!"
And you know what happened, it used psychic.
I got so mad that when i defeated her that i used my Gyarados' Hyper Beam to make her Alakazam faint!
I then used dig to escape from the gym after that and deposited my BLBLBLBL instead of releasing it just because it was my favorite Pokémon.

R.I.P BLBLBLBL.
*Titanic theme*

Last edited:
On my 2nd Pokémon RED Nuzlocke on the Saffron City Gym, i was using my Electabuzz, "BLBLBLBL" [That was the sound it made on the anime] against Sabrina to her Level 43 Alakazam..
I used Thunder on it, it got paralyzed.
It still hit my BLBLBLBL with Psychic, i used Thunder again..
"Missed!"
And you know what happened, it used psychic.
I got so mad that when i defeated her that i used my Gyarados' Hyper Beam to make her Alakazam faint!
I then used dig to escape from the gym after that and deposited my BLBLBLBL instead of releasing it just because it was my favorite Pokémon.

R.I.P BLBLBLBL.
*Titanic theme*
Here ye go!

Though think Hitting the Saucer a Little Hard would also work to describe how that fight when down a little better.

I was playing a rom hack called Korosu. I only had flying mons and needed type variety when I went into the ice cavern. First encounter: A wild ZUBAT appeared! Another flying type but I said "Eh, let's see how this turns out." It's name was THATBAT and he wrecked HOUSE. When he turned into crobat, he was amazingly reliable. Knew no moves over base 60, but he didn't need too with all the attack and speed he had.
If you don't know, Korosu is kinda hard due to STUPIDLY STUPID level spikes. So lance wants me to beat this big boss man, and I have no idea what to expect. Umbreon and Absol go down very easy, and then he sends out LATIAS. I panicked and sent out THATBAT since THATBAT knew bite and confuse ray. He somehow lived a Mist Ball while being like 3 levels below and somehow pulling through. He had a Raikou but I had EQ, so that was easy. Then LATIOS. I sent THATBAT out again and hoped he could live just ONE Luster Purge. Never found out because LATIOS knew Psychic.
That battle freaking SUCKED

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was playing a Platinum Nuzlocke, and I had just completed the third Gym. All of my Pokémon (including my Gyarados, for crying out loud) died in that battle except for two, the gift Eevee and a Hustle Togetic from Eterna City. How was I ever going to stand a chance against the rival battle that came before the next town?

Out of ideas, I pulled out my Return TM and taught it to the Level 24 Togetic, then began the rival battle expecting little from the two Pokémon. They completely shattered my expectations. Even his Level 26 Prinplup was 3HKO'd by Return, amazingly.

A Thunderstone and a TM for Thunder helped remedy Eevee's low stats, making it one of my best Pokémon up until its tragic death on Route 217 (the snowy one). Although paralyzed, I thought it could KO an Electabuzz with Quick Attack. Unfortunately, the Electabuzz knew Quick Attack too...

The battle with Cyrus in the Distortion World was an absolute disaster. All of my Pokémon, except for Togekiss, were extremely under-trained, and each one was OHKO'd. Togekiss practically saved the entire battle, up until the point where it was my last Pokémon against his last Pokémon, Honchkrow. My health is at about 2/3 as I click Return, and I'm surprisingly faster than the Honchkrow. The attack does 60% damage as Honchkrow uses Night Slash, dropping Togekiss's health to about 1/4. Then...

Togekiss used Return!
Togekiss's attack missed!

The foe's Honchkrow used Night Slash!

:(

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I was playing a Platinum Randomized Nuzlocke a couple months back, and I was in the Eterna Forest with Cheryl (Ha) and her partner was randomized to a Gible. Now I decided this would be a perfect time to train up my Gallade that I had just caught before entering the Forest, and things were going pretty swell until we fought this one trainer with an Umbreon and I forgot what the other mon was. So I was defeating the other mon with Gallade, hoping that Cheryl's Gible would be able to just Dragon Rage the Umbreon to oblivion, but the AI decided to go for.. Sandstorm! How useful! Now the battle was growing into a problem... I had defeated the other mon but Gallade was at low health and couldn't attack the Umbreon at all, since I had no other attacking moves other than Confusion at the time and the Gible kept going for anything other than Dragon Rage. So my only hope was to switch out the Gallade into a Pokémon who could beat the Umbreon, so I decided to go with that. And then...

... The Umbreon used Pursuit on me as I switched, killing my Gallade. All because of that dumb Gible not going for Dragon Rage. However, the worst part was that I could've easily avoided the whole death by using Teleport on Gallade, which ignores Pursuit. Overall, just not a good death at all, and one that will haunt me for a while. ;_;

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
However, the worst part was that I could've easily avoided the whole death by using Teleport on Gallade, which ignores Pursuit. Overall, just not a good death at all, and one that will haunt me for a while. ;_;
Teleport doesn't work in trainer battles, so you'd have been screwed either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)