NOC Amnesiac Mafia game 2 - village wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
I think a d1 lynch is probably not a great idea,Asek summed it up pretty well, we can't afford to be 2 down Day 2, and there is even a possibility of being 3 down if the vig kills, practically confirming a town loss

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
hi im here to confirm that im not silenced
d1 lynch = bad yeah; even though it sucks that we're passing a kill to maf without much progress, it's not worth potential lylo if we do because we really don't have any info yet. hopefully by d2 we will have more to work with (:

At this pace, I happen to agree with the no lynch. Another turn of figuring ourselves out is a decent approach and we'll be keeping the Godfather in the dark during the night.

We are also not getting very much anywhere when it comes to activity and discussion, but I don't think there is much to say that hasn't been said in the other game. Claiming right now is a bad idea for village, because we can all double our night actions, get the godfather card flip, and keep the godfather in the dark for his kill. But village does need to start solving this mystery soon so we can't wait around much past turn two.

Asek

Banned deucer.
I know im not really one to talk but I really want more player interaction. I think this is the only way for us to figure out what roles each person believes themselves to be at each stage of the game, and there really hasnt been much so far, so I'm going to start

Ullar, why do you think we should mass target claim? Theres not really anything in your post to show why you think that is a good course of action to take (as an aside im against it - extremely easy to say you targeted somebody you didnt if your silencer / gf making it pretty much useless in determining anything).

arugalove i won't push your vote on ullar, but if you could elaborate as to why you think he is a potential baddy other than 'he disagrees with my meta argument'. Anything in particular about the post that makes you think he could be scum?

ButteredToast do you have any read on a potential gf slip in any of the postings? I think you are probably the best to ask at this point in the game.

Maleovex you said you would make a substantial post yesterday. Still waiting on that one

for the others not speaking i urge you to start interacting with the other players : this is going to be highly important in locating the gf

I have got things that I am looking for in GF slips / aware mafia slips. They're not fool proof, but more like tendencies that the godfather would do kinda subconsciously. I can reveal what I'm looking for, but that is kind of counter productive when I'd be broadcasting them to the don himself. Really, what the village needs to find the godfather is more village interaction. You're completely right about that. Hell, even if I turn out to be mafia, sitting in a sluggish and zombified game is poop.

Also, I would be hard pressed in appointing me the scumslip master. Yeah, I'm active and I want to think I have a decent head on me. But my NOC experience comes down to finding one scum in the NOC Fallout Mafia and being poo-poo'ed by Yeti in the Fire/Ice NOC because I didn't have reads on people right at the beginning of the game, and then dying night 1. I also in the last game I played didn't click a right button and had a pastebin exposed to the entire game within a minute of me making it.

So yeah. Like I said, while I will be active, have a strategy moving forward, and will be upfront and honest about my reasoning I'm probably not your most experienced player/leader. I'd probably defunct to Ullar in that department, but I dunno how much NOC experience he has. And the village definitely needs more talking to happen.

yeah BT the thing is that none of us have much experience at all, so it makes it kind of awkward, the fact that we have nothing makes it even harder to find something to talk about (at least g1 had a watcher result. Plus we cant do reads and all that because we dont know our role anyways so it's not really something to discuss atm.

It feels really bad not lynching day 1 especially because nothing has really been happening. I expected there to be at least some sort of slip but apparently everyone is just kind of shy.

I can't really fault Maleovex and GoodMorningEspeon for making these filler posts I guess you can call them, I do the same stuff when I can't think of anything to say. Looking at them it's just kind of useless, just try to expand and not really copy what other people are saying.

Haruno at the very beginning you said your plan was figuring out who was silenced and finding the silencer, how did u intend to find the silencer? And what to do now? And I'm suprised you don't post more, you are active on other parts in the forum. Please answer.

I know im not really one to talk but I really want more player interaction. I think this is the only way for us to figure out what roles each person believes themselves to be at each stage of the game, and there really hasnt been much so far, so I'm going to start

Ullar, why do you think we should mass target claim? Theres not really anything in your post to show why you think that is a good course of action to take (as an aside im against it - extremely easy to say you targeted somebody you didnt if your silencer / gf making it pretty much useless in determining anything).

arugalove i won't push your vote on ullar, but if you could elaborate as to why you think he is a potential baddy other than 'he disagrees with my meta argument'. Anything in particular about the post that makes you think he could be scum?

ButteredToast do you have any read on a potential gf slip in any of the postings? I think you are probably the best to ask at this point in the game.

Maleovex you said you would make a substantial post yesterday. Still waiting on that one

for the others not speaking i urge you to start interacting with the other players : this is going to be highly important in locating the gf
I don't have anything super substantial; it's a combination of the fact that Ullar didn't really justify the mass claim meta and hasn't yet, even tho both ButteredToast asked him to, and the whole "will real post later when others do" has never sat well with me. I'm sure Ullar could be busy and hasn't gotten a chance to respond to the thread, but saying "i'm not gonna respond to this" in response to a rather facile critique from me seems somewhat unreasonably defensive.

So we've established that King_ was probably silenced right?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Haruno at the very beginning you said your plan was figuring out who was silenced and finding the silencer, how did u intend to find the silencer? And what to do now? And I'm suprised you don't post more, you are active on other parts in the forum. Please answer.
Well the first thing was to massclaim as far as targets are concerned since there's no real reason to lie about our targets considering we don't know who's who. HOWEVER with the recent revelation that no one is silenced, which means either A. the silencer idled or B. the omniguard and silencer conveniently chose the same target. It seems like a humongous clusterfuck trying to logic who silencer is without any real info unless you want everyone to mass claim and if two or more people claim to have targetted the same person, then we know one of them is the silencer and the other is omniguard.

As far as lynching goes, I'm indifferent but if we randlynch and hit a village where our odds are 2:1 objectively and the don kills another village then we'll be in a really shitty spot. RN it just depends on what we want to do pretty much. Also a huge difference between this and game 1 is that game 1 has both watcher results and a silence so there's a lot more to go off of in that game than in ours.

King_ still hasn't responded to the game appropriately during Day 1. I don't know where you're getting at that no one was silenced. It's an option still if he talks, and will always be an option. But at this point, if we coming up on deadline and someone is this inactive in an NOC, I'd hope a sub would be made.

Has anyone figured out a plan for night 1 that would work in this setup? I tried to but the omniguard ruins them all. My plan was for everyone to target one person and we'll prevent a kill in exchange for the watcher's identity or make it a 50/50 lynch tmrw. But the watcher doesnt work with omniguard. If the watcher fails to find anyone then we could be in a really bad spot. The day is almost over anyways and repeat of n0 without any new information just feel really bad.

Maleovex I bet you had something else to say that wasn't in Asek's post please say it.

The vote off ullar should probably be removed as well, just because u disagree doesnt mean it's very scummy and deserves a lynch arugalove.

no lynch is the best option now but discussion is still needed.

Another plan that I thought of was to have 3 groups of 3 targetting different people, that way watcher has a high chance of getting a result and we'll be able to figure out who is who but not reveal it to everyone. This also makes the day more interesting and makes it easier to scumhunt. If anyone doesn't follow we can lynch them. Thoughts?

Asek

Banned deucer.
Well the first thing was to massclaim as far as targets are concerned since there's no real reason to lie about our targets considering we don't know who's who. HOWEVER with the recent revelation that no one is silenced, which means either A. the silencer idled or B. the omniguard and silencer conveniently chose the same target. It seems like a humongous clusterfuck trying to logic who silencer is without any real info unless you want everyone to mass claim and if two or more people claim to have targetted the same person, then we know one of them is the silencer and the other is omniguard.

As far as lynching goes, I'm indifferent but if we randlynch and hit a village where our odds are 2:1 objectively and the don kills another village then we'll be in a really shitty spot. RN it just depends on what we want to do pretty much. Also a huge difference between this and game 1 is that game 1 has both watcher results and a silence so there's a lot more to go off of in that game than in ours.
This post seems pretty off to me. In what world do people who targeted king_ say they did? It is quite easy without any watcher accountability to say yeah i 'targeted X last night', and id lay money anyone who targeted king_ last night would do that. If anything I feel massclaiming goes against what the village wants : it allows for the godfather to have more information than he would otherwise have (regardless of lying of targets) and allows for him to have a more accurate guess of who will likely be a targeted by roles that night. You say your indifferant to the stance we take on the lynch but then say the odds will be stacked against village in the likely case we hit a town. I don't really know what to make of this post, but ISO Haruno for now as this post is just so off kilter.

As for targets tonight : I suggest to target someone other than you did last night. This will be important in getting doctor info to players, as well as just generally sorting out what roles you can eliminate from your potential roleslist. I will stand by my statement of doctor targetting players that are more vocal being beneficial: if they know their roles they are more likely to push discussion and scumhunt if they flip town, and are more likely than someone not posting as much to scumslip if they flip mafia. Since it is impossible to prove your doctor at this point, i think everyone just randtargets someone other than they did last night

As for targets tonight : I suggest to target someone other than you did last night.
No, this pretty much needs to happen. Not a suggestion. If you are the vig, and you double target someone, they are dead. And if you are the vig, you don't want two kills tonight unless you're sure who you are targeting is the don. It's best that we all spread out out votes to new people just because the vig can increase his potential kills for when we figure the game out.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You all agree that No Lynch is the best course of action. Each of you feels as though this has happened before somewhere, but you ignore the feeling and go to bed.

It is now night 1. It will hopefully end in 48 hours, but it may be delayed by me having to find a sub.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In your nightmares, you hear a voice say "The watcher spotted Butteredtoast". This promptly wakes you up, and you decide to gather at the town square early. Seems like everyone did the same. Except for Alfa610 and Asek... fearing the worst, you begin to search around town. Soon after, you find their corpses. Alfa610 died and was Staunch McOmniguard, the omniguard. Asek died and was the Steven Terry Ferdinand Umami a.k.a. Silencer, the silencer.

It is now day 2. day 2 will last for 72 hours.

Notifications (silence, psychiatrist, failed actions) are all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)