Pokémon GO

yeah can confirm it all works, just follow one of the guides online. it involves signing out of your current apple id and creating a new one based in america (i used the bellagio hotel, las vegas), changing your phone location to america and then going on app store to download. once you've downloaded the app you can just sign out and back in to your real apple id and change your location back to uk and use the app as normal. just redownload the app when it is released in the uk.
Tried creating an American and Australian Apple IDs. Didn't work because of the phone numbers working differently in America and my Dad's card didn't work for Australia. Why is life so unlucky for me...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Tried creating an American and Australian Apple IDs. Didn't work because of the phone numbers working differently in America and my Dad's card didn't work for Australia. Why is life so unlucky for me...
Well now that they fixed some of the major issues like crashes and Trainer Accounts connectivity maybe they'll resume worldwide released.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
don't put in any bank details mate, you don't need to make an account and the app is free - just select 'None'. i typed in any random phone number for mine so it is weird that didn't work

BTW they just released a patch for iOS:
  • Trainers do not to have to enter their username and password repeatedly after a force log out
  • Added stability to Pokémon Trainer Club account log-in process
  • Resolved issues causing crashes
  • Fixed Google account scope
Actually, they've completely broken it.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-...le-out-of-their-accounts-pokemon-trainer-club
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4sjbeq/ios_users_who_login_using_pokemon_trainers_club/

tldr: If you're an iOS user with a PTC account, do not update your game, you'll be unable to log in

So, I was walking with my friend in a park near my apartment, and these two cops stop next to us. We thought we were trespassing or something, but they roll their window down and the officer in the passenger seat yells at me "can you tell me how to play this damn Pokemon Go? I want to play so badly!" Spent 10 minutes trying to explain it to him. Made my night.

So with my game working now (still loses everything once a day so reinstalling has gotten boring.) I went to my youngest brother's swim lesson and then the store with him and my mom.

At the swim lesson I caught a Pidgey AND A 100 CP Ponyta! My hopes went up dramatically and there was even a pokestop in the distance! After the lesson we started driving to the store, and I was smiling so much. Pokestops everywhere. At least 5 gyms. People playing Pokemon Go too! In the store it was amazing. I got access to two Pokestops, caught 6 Pokemon (Including a Paras which I didn't have, and a 141 CP Ponyta!) and just had a great time gushing about how amazing it was.

Good job Niantic, you made me excited to go grocery shopping.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
The upside of Pokémon Go's insane popularity in my neighborhood is that you can see someone on the street playing Pokémon Go and strike up a conversation. Yesterday, I went to 7/11 to get a free Slurpee and there were a bunch of boys outside playing Pokémon Go. They (like me) were on Team Red, and we had a nice talk.

The downside is the competition.

I'd argue that having almost guaranteed control of a Gym due to lack of opposition is almost better than what happens over here. I captured two gyms and added my ~400 CP Weepinbell to a third. All three were taken within the hour. I witnessed another Gym being stolen... at 1:00 AM. Today on my walk, I saw someone sitting on a bench in the vicinity of the Gym. He had a bad Pokémon in the gym, and whenever someone else tried to take it, he'd instantly take it back with his more powerful Pokémon. There are people with 1100 CP Pokémon everywhere. I've gone on long walks pretty much every day since this game came out and my best Pokémon is a 526 CP Pidgeot. Hopefully the hype will die down at least a little.

I ran outta pokeballs.

Then I just laid down on this bench at a vietnam veteran memorial park (which was a pokestop) and every five mintes I'd collect my balls, walk 20 seconds to this lodge to pick up another pokestop, and walk back and lay down. I did this for 40 minutes until the sun started to rise and my phone started to die.

Now I'm back at 50 balls and
:D

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
while taking my dog for a walk this evening I noticed something interesting in my "nearby" thing:

I proceeded to walk for about 45 minutes along walking tracks I never knew existed trying to track this thing down. got the footprints down to 1 and......
.......the app crashes

I loaded it back up but the only things near me are zubat, leaving me very disappointed and my dog very tired
I'm level 10, no lures or insence involved.

:0 damn dude that sucks! I didn't even know you could find dragonite in the wild.

My dog will go for a walk any time of day any where if it means he gets to walk. I've walked with him at 2 am before lol. He doesn't care he just wants to go. And since Go's release he's gone on so may walks he now associates me putting my shoes on with walks.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'd argue that having almost guaranteed control of a Gym due to lack of opposition is almost better than what happens over here. I captured two gyms and added my ~400 CP Weepinbell to a third. All three were taken within the hour. I witnessed another Gym being stolen... at 1:00 AM. Today on my walk, I saw someone sitting on a bench in the vicinity of the Gym. He had a bad Pokémon in the gym, and whenever someone else tried to take it, he'd instantly take it back with his more powerful Pokémon.
haha you think that's bad, the gym near my office changes hands about every 30 minutes, and last night me and this other guy kept fighting over this gym next to my house (on and off from 8pm to midnight, which made me think he can access it from his house as well)

don't expect to hold gyms for very long, it's very easy to take them over

There are people with 1100 CP Pokémon everywhere. I've gone on long walks pretty much every day since this game came out and my best Pokémon is a 526 CP Pidgeot. Hopefully the hype will die down at least a little.
Catch more stuff and hold off on evolving things until you can evolve a ton of things at once while using a lucky egg. I'm level 14 and my strongest is a 899 starmie and I only started playing on sunday.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol @ y'all complaining about gyms changing hands in 30 minutes. I took a gym yesterday morning and I hadn't even left the parking lot before it was down.

It gets better. Yesterday on my lunch break I took a gym and left a poke. Within 2 minutes it had not only been taken over, but it had been taken over AND taken BACK by someone else on my team. NJ is so dense and active it's ridiculous, I passed at least 100 people playing the game last night on my jog.

Let's theorymon a meta?

Since it is gen one, I assume Psy and Dragons will be top tier.

There are no Dark Type pokemon, but there are dark type moves and many bug type moves.

There are five Fairy types and two steel types.

Chansey will probably great because of the assumed high HP.

I can't wait to see a compiled list of common moves

Let's theorymon a meta?

There are no Dark Type pokemon, but there are dark type moves and many bug type moves.

Meta: Mewtwo.
Just Mewtwo.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Let's theorymon a meta?

the meta is "pidgeots, golbats, and raticates, with lots of fully evolved (pokemon that's popular around where you live), minus things that are hard to get and evolve"

you can't really have a meta when any shmuck can take over a gym with the 6v1 or 6v2 battles!

the meta is "pidgeots, golbats, and raticates, with lots of fully evolved (pokemon that's popular around where you live), minus things that are hard to get and evolve"

you can't really have a meta when any shmuck can take over a gym with the 6v1 or 6v2 battles!
Let's assume the gym leader(s) is fully competent and prepared.

Let's also project into the future and assume we have all the mons at high CP. What will matter then?

Besides lolmagneton and other psy mons, there is are no types that resist psy moves.

btw i haven't actually been in a gym battle. They still take into account resistances correct?

don't put in any bank details mate, you don't need to make an account and the app is free - just select 'None'. i typed in any random phone number for mine so it is weird that didn't work
It says at the top: we couldn't verify your Zip code or pair your address with your state...Now what?

As someone being too visionary, I think popular choice would be those with high HP and good defensive type match up. I don't know how gym battles work yet, but if it ft only involves button mashing with dodges and they carry over stats without considering Speed, I fear speedsters like Jolteon would be less popular while tanks like Vaporeon would be favoured.

Also, bite is somewhat common with distribution among usually known scrap mons. Psychics wouldn't seem to survive long....

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)