Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about the trailer that I'm surprised nobody is mentioning is that the teddy bear of doom looks significantly better in 3D. It looks less stumpy and actually cute as opposed to severely brain damaged in the CoroCoro images.

Last edited:

Upstart

Copy Cat
Now that pikaboo BuildLikeABear have "officially" been revealed, how long is expected before the Pokemon site updates with their description and hopefully ability description?

As the starter's pre-evo used the special moves, I'm hoping all Pokemon have access to them once some sort of gauge is full. Something like a base 200 attack from higher attack stat that ignores stat boosts and abilities.I doubt such moves will be support based after seeing the water, fire, grass, and electric attacks.

The lack of gym leaders or any character reveals really has me scratching my head as we know next to nothing about what's going on.

Now that pikaboo BuildLikeABear have "officially" been revealed, how long is expected before the Pokemon site updates with their description and hopefully ability description?

As the starter's pre-evo used the special moves, I'm hoping all Pokemon have access to them once some sort of gauge is full. Something like a base 200 attack from higher attack stat that ignores stat boosts and abilities.I doubt such moves will be support based after seeing the water, fire, grass, and electric attacks.

The lack of gym leaders or any character reveals really has me scratching my head as we know next to nothing about what's going on.
RIP Stall

It is kind of weird, since they don't take the usual approach, and that this time, you have to build your own gym.
It's interesting to say the very least.

Just got done watching some YouTube reviews of the trailer and it's worth noting that when those 'special moves' get used, the trainer dances but they don't have any stones inside their bracelet.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
People from Bulbaforums are so desperate to prove the Chinese leak fake, they are making stuff up for the Chinese leak to "prove" it's fake.
LOL.

I think I'll post the Chinese screenshots up again, because people on Bulbaforums aren't told to take it down.
Pokemon sun moon chinese leak 13612182_10209834597840317_3907026606959120489_n.jpg pokemon sun moon chinese leak13592751_10209834597880318_97848238034493659_n.jpg

""New bracelet can power up all moves . Can equip the diamonds like those in the logo. There are many kinds of them, and need to be collected, like Mega Stones.
Some limited diamonds can even cause Pokemon to change appearance, like Ash-Greninja".

The moves bit is right, guys.

I think I mistranslated 技能 as ability somewhere. But in reality, it should be moves.

Last edited:
The move thing is really stupid, just not as prohibitively stupid (meaning so stupid it'd be a reason not to buy the games) as "syncho" evolution would be/may still be. They're going to ruin the games completely if they keep (unnecessarily) adding this kind of shit.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
OK... So now Corocoro has leaked and we have the new Pokemon; No more mentions of the Chinese Leaks. If you wish to discuss them please join the #OI channel on IRC by clicking this link: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#oi@irc.synirc.net There are usually a few people around on the channel (I am on there except when I am sleeping) and it's worth seeing who will reply.

Any more discussion of the Chinese Leaks from here on out will be deleted on the spot. Let's get back to what this thread is about and discuss confirmed aspects and light speculation from those confirmed aspects of the new games. Hopefully we will get the official English names of the two new Pokemon on Friday, and probably a better introduction to the two of them, including videos on the websites and more clarification on what the abilities are and what they do.

I think we should read into these special moves in the new trailer. Is it just a starter + Pikachu thing or do you think all pokemon will have access to it?

I think we should read into these special moves in the new trailer. Is it just a starter + Pikachu thing or do you think all pokemon will have access to it?
Strictly, I think it it's not confirmed yet outside of the starters. Ash Greninja adds it, but then again ittst is not even confirmed that Ash's synchro is the same as this synchro attack thing. After all, we only see a little of it with what seems to be common attack animation (at least Water Shuriken is Greninja 's signature move).

It's still hugely implied so, though. But then again, how will it carry over with Ash only activating it without the crystal thing?

Strictly, I think it it's not confirmed yet outside of the starters. Ash Greninja adds it, but then again ittst is not even confirmed that Ash's synchro is the same as this synchro attack thing. After all, we only see a little of it with what seems to be common attack animation (at least Water Shuriken is Greninja 's signature move).

It's still hugely implied so, though. But then again, how will it carry over with Ash only activating it without the crystal thing?
I wonder if your character's look will have any bearing on their trainername-pokemonname form.

I wonder if your character's look will have any bearing on their trainername-pokemonname form.
I'd imagine it would be your skin/hair color that would affect it. Doing every single clothing item would be a little too much in my opinion. And It'd take up alot of game space.

This may have already been discussed but can we talk about how the games improve Zygarde. It goes from a subpar dragon dancer to an optimal one with the release of Thousand Arrows. It also gains the ability to be a stallbreaker with Thousand Waves trapping something like Chansey or Quagsire or even Amoongus if you run Substitute.

I said this about Zygarde 100 & this still applies for Megas. The Pokemon Company does not market something like that to consumers, succeeds in a huge way, & remove/not do something with it.

Charizard, Mewtwo, Venusaur, & Blastoise lines are still the most recognizable & popular Pokemon next to Pikachu. They won't remove something that enhanced those characters.

This 5th move thing is probably limited to a select few Pokemon too. This may be their way of boosting Pikachu.
So it makes no sense that they dropped precisely these Pokemon in the first games of Generation 3 4 and 5, right? True, you could just transfer them from past games in generation 4 and 5, but what about gen 3?

Megas are new Pokemon. They might not have a pokedex entry and be temporary but they can't be scrapped altogether just like Raichu can't be erased regardless of how much Game Freak regrets introducing it. But that doesn't mean there's no chance they won't be in Sun and Moon. Game freak might opt to remove mega stones ( or at least some of them) until the second installment of the generation comes along, just like many existing Mons won't be available naturally in Alola. This would make more sense if 4th gen remakes are on their way, especially since remakes need to revamp and bring back old stuff in order to advertise themselves ( something like: hey players, missing mega Garchomp? - not really - well, guess who got one with a powered up Synchro move?)

But that's speculating wildly. The point I'm trying to get across is that it's not impossible for us to have no access to mega stones in Sun and Moon if they're trying to focus on the new features, even though I'm positive that their data will be in the game, as will the data of Pokemon that are not naturally found in Alola. I'm not saying this is likely since it would be a questionable move and we have already seen plenty of mons that can mega evolve in the trailers.

On a personal note, I'd much rather see new Mega Evolutions than new Pokemons especially when they look as... weird as drampa or bruxish or the new panda. We know most of them will end up being low tier and largely irrelevant competitively, so why keep filling the Pokedex with mons that'll be forgettable a few months after release when you can make something nostalgic that at worst has some potential? Good job on the abilities though, hopefully they'll get good distribution and not be stuck with some random gen 7 Mons. Sadly this seems unlikely, given that most pokemon already have 2 abilities and a hidden ability. A couple might get retconned, but I don't expect much else.

Megas are new Pokemon. They might not have a pokedex entry and be temporary but they can't be scrapped altogether just like Raichu can't be erased regardless of how much Game Freak regrets introducing it. But that doesn't mean there's no chance they won't be in Sun and Moon. Game freak might opt to remove mega stones ( or at least some of them) until the second installment of the generation comes along, just like many existing Mons won't be available naturally in Alola. This would make more sense if 4th gen remakes are on their way, especially since remakes need to revamp and bring back old stuff in order to advertise themselves ( something like: hey players, missing mega Garchomp? - not really - well, guess who got one with a powered up Synchro move?)
That logic falls apart if you treat them as new Pokemon. Game Freak has made a concerted effort to maintain trading continuity across their newest games via Pokebank. If Megas are truly treated the same as the others, then there is no reason they would prevent the players from accessing them in Sun and Moon. They also went out of their way to place Mega stones in AS/OR, so I'm highly skeptical of this reasoning.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
So it makes no sense that they dropped precisely these Pokemon in the first games of Generation 3 4 and 5, right? True, you could just transfer them from past games in generation 4 and 5, but what about gen 3?
Just wanted to drop in and say that it's (essentially) confirmed that those 'mons will be in the game, since it's confirmed that you can transfer Pokémon from the RBY games available on 3DS currently (via Bank).

I have nothing to speculate about megas. I doubt that they would remove something that was so popular, but then again, they might have realised that stuff like megamence, Cray, megamom, as well as pdon (not strictly a mega but whatever) was pretty hard to balance. Might.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Cool new trailer showing little tidbits here and there. Not a huge amount of new info, but lots to discuss.

However, I have not seen anyone mention the stylized icons for typings shown at the end.

I'm not sure we have ever seen such insignia's on types before apart from in the TCG? Could all the typings have these special symbols? I wonder what they mean because it can't be related to a Synchro evolution with first stage starters? Maybe there is a new form of bond mechanic or something like that?
Well the Water symbol was used as the design for the Wave Badge (and on that same vein you could relate the Grass to the Earth Badge and Fire to the Heat Badge). Still, they are unique and I imagined more stylized than normal to represent how special they are being the symbols for the super attacks.

We have, but they're easy to miss. Diantha's room has the symbols set into the floor, though they're low res and hard to see. They also don't match these ones, or the TCG. (mostly.)

I do hope each type gets their own symbol, I'm a sucker for symbology especially when relating to the elements. :D Diantha's room was a nice treat not only because it has a symbol for every type but also they were symbols from the TCG so you can sort of say these symbols would maybe be close to what these types would be had they have their own symbol (though that said Normal, Steel, Fairy, & Dragon look nothing like their TCG symbol counterparts). Hopefully each type gets a super move and a awesome looking symbol to match.

And for those curious about Diantha's symbols:

Top Row:
Poison (toxic bubbles), Rock (jagged stone/gem), Fairy (Navi four winged pixie), Bug (beetle), Grass (leaf), Dark (laying crescent moon)
Middle Row: Fire (flame), Fighting (fist), Electric (lightning bolt), Steel (sharp edges), Ghost (ghostly wisp), Dragon (glaring eyes)
Bottom Row: Normal (plain circle), Water (water drop), Psychic (eye), Ice (snowflake), Flying (wings), Ground (split mountain)

Obviously Normal and Steel have a bit more meaning to them; Normal also looks like a person joining their hands over their head, representing balance. Steel is used to make weapons like blades and spikes, thus sharp edges represent it. Earth also has an additional meaning as the split from the mountain could be from an earthquake. Last its a bit off that Rock's symbols looks close to what the Metal symbol is in the TCG. Also the colors are interesting choices, especially for Fairy (teal as opposed to pink; maybe to give a more ethereal feel?), Steel (a darker teal as opposed to gray; to give a more rusty feel?), Dragon (purplish pink instead of navy or gold (like in the TCG); to give a more mythical/magical feel?), and Normal (full purple instead of dark gray or white; to give a more spiritual/balancing feel?).

... Er, that went onto an interesting tangent, I'll just put that in a spoiler tag and move on...

This 5th move thing is probably limited to a select few Pokemon too. This may be their way of boosting Pikachu.
I hope not. From what I saw it looks like its type based, no reason all the Fire-types can't use the super fireball. Though hopefully they do take Physical and Special into account and have different versions of these attacks depending on the Pokemon's preferred stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)