Tournament Other Metagames Premier League IV - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to Arhops for the banner!

WEEK FOUR

<<OMPL GENERAL>>
<<DEADLINE>>

How this works
Each team will have have 6 players to fill the 6 slots and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80 credits that managers receive during the auction. The roster this season include: Almost Any Ability, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Monotype, STABmons and Tier Shift. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.

Beating another team gives you 2 points, drawing the match gives you 1 point, and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored; that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. The two teams with the highest points at the end of week 5 will play in the finals.
Tie Breaker
In case of a tie at the end of week 5, a best of 3 game will be played between the teams that are tied. The 3 OMs played will include Anything Goes* and a unique OM other than AG picked by the manager of each team. If there are more than 2 teams tied, the win/loss difference will be used to identify the two teams that will play the tiebreaker to get the second slot in finals.

* Anything Goes was chosen as a default in tiebreakers because it has the most ladder activity. (Anything Goes= 646417, Monotype= 251045, Balanced Hackmons= 80147)

Leaderboard: [post week 3]
[Key: Name - Points | Total Win/Loss difference]

1. The Legendary Pikachus - 5 | +4
  2. The Bedroom Blisseys - 4 | +2
  3. The Majestic Mantykes - 3 | 0
  4. The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battlion - 3 | 0
  5. The King Kois - 2 | -2
  6. The Beta Bagons - 1 | -4

Week Four info
All players must complete their matches by 11:30 AM UTC, July 19th. Any matches that are not done by then will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your PS main account* to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread when confirming the win. The replays will be archived in the OMPL General Thread linked above. You should contact your opponent to set times using VMs on their profile so I can check for activity wins.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FINISH SCHEDULING BY 72 HOURS AFTER THE WEEK'S THREAD IS UP. This basically makes sure any major scheduling conflict is known before it is too late and your teams can make the necessary substitutions. You should also make a post on the schedule VM when you're online at the scheduled time and are waiting for your opponent. This makes sure your opponent knows you're available and lets me know that you didn't miss your scheduled time, meaning I can give you the activity win, should it come to that.

*The main account is the one you signed up with in the signup thread.

Substitutions

If Managers wish to substitute a player, they must make a post here tagging both the player they're subbing in and the player being subbed out, both managers from the opposing team, the substitute's opponent and lastly, me.

Tagging all managers to notify them: baconbagon, Beta., Eevee General, nv, Peef Rimgar, Pikachuun, Ransei, scpinion, Dream Eater Gengar, The Immortal, Uselesscrab, Zangooser

Matchups

The Bedroom Blisseys VS The King Kois
[5-1]

Almost Any Ability:- aesf VS rozes
Anything Goes:- Gunner Rohan VS Megazard (sub) [activity]
Balanced Hackmons:- morogrim VS apateonas
Monotype:- Paleo VS Confluxx
STABmons:- Scyther NO Swiping VS White Lion18
Tier Shift:- Confide VS Pearl

The Majestic Mantykes VS The Five-Bidoof Fighting Battalion
[2-4]

Almost Any Ability:- Shiba VS Jordn
Anything Goes:- HunterStorm VS DontStealMyPenguin
Balanced Hackmons:- nyan kat VS Kl4ng
Monotype:- rnbs VS 1 True Lycan
STABmons:- all falls down VS ihhca (sub)
Tier Shift:- -Tsunami- VS Knight of Cydonia

The Legendary Pikachus VS The Beta Bagons
[4-2]

Almost Any Ability:- LaxLapras VS Mambo
Anything Goes:- thelinearcurve VS Omfuga (sub)
Balanced Hackmons:- draegn VS InfernapeTropius11
Monotype:- iVid VS Entei.
STABmons:- Betathunder VS Joshz
Tier Shift:- Dr. Phd. BJ VS AWailOfATail

Last edited:
My three arceuses were not enough for his 3 arceus keke.

also quitting OMPL cuz my manager is literally refusing me to play anything I signed up for and I understand none of these are real tiers but that doesnt mean I should be forced to play the stupidest of the bunch cuz my manager's incompetent :P

I'm kinda upset i lost but seriously I begged not to play AG like 100 times idgi. my manager's like not active anyway

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I don't want to out you in front of everyone Omfuga, despite you doing to I.

[10/07/2016 2:32:49 PM] ™Beta: What metas did you sign up for? I am putting you down for TS next week, but I was wondering if you put down AG because if you aint playing, I'm playing rhythms before tomorrow
[10/07/2016 2:34:46 PM] proof.test: i dont play AG
[10/07/2016 2:34:46 PM] proof.test: D:
[10/07/2016 2:34:54 PM] proof.test: i can try tho
[10/07/2016 2:34:55 PM] proof.test: ill play anything

[12/07/2016 9:50:55 AM | Edited 9:51:02 AM] ™Beta: with Peli gone this week, I don't want to risk running others, so I want to keep you on ag [I said something about rhythms here but no more beef]
[12/07/2016 9:51:07 AM] proof.test: ok
[12/07/2016 9:51:08 AM] proof.test: oo
[12/07/2016 9:51:52 AM] ™Beta: I hope you're okay witht his change

Dude, I respect you as a player, if you didn't want to play AG you could have told me. Peli wasn't here this week, and I wanted a strong player to play for me. I respect you as a player; you're one of the best I know, but I wanted to get you on my team not just solely off that. If you do want to leave the team, I respect your decision, and hope there can be no hard feelings. But please tell me if you don't want to be put on something, you did say you wanted to play Tier shift, but I also wanted to play AWOAT aswell. It was great having you, and I wish you luck in Smogon Grand slam.

I stress that this is not meant to attack you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)