Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
is it possible to get flawless XD pokemon now?
Most Pokémon cannot be flawless 5IV/6IV. Mostly Shadow Pokémon that have a non-shadow Pokémon preceding. This is because XD Pokémon have to follow a certain sequence based on the preceding Pokémon, if a spread doesn't adhere to that sequence, a Pokémon can't have that spread. This generally means that the more non-shadows a trainer has before a shadow Pokémon, the fewer quality spreads are available (many Pokémon cannot even have quint 30+)
Only a few Pokémon escape it. Pokémon that get sent out at the start of the battle (Beedrill, Swellow, Houndour...), gift Pokémon (Togepi, Lugia in a sense) and all of Greevil's Pokémon (since he has no non-shadows).
To expand a little, for a spread to generate for a Pokemon that has non-shadow Pokemon before it, it must have a certain nature + gender combination exactly 7 frames before the spread (for example Bashful Male). The chance of that happening is about 1/2 (Male 50%) * 1/25 (chance of being Bashful) = 1/50. Sometimes there are variations (such as the Pokemon being 75% Male rather than 50%) or the ability of the non-shadow being locked, which further limits the spreads, not to mention trainers that send out many non-shadows in a row (the trainer with Dragonite sends out 5 non-shadows before Dragonite). But in general the chance of a given spread generating is very very low, so I hope this gives an indication of why you should not expect every Pokemon to be flawless from XD.

Hi! I'm trying complete a collection of competitive female 5IV (except ATK, Outstanding Potential) Timid Vivillons in cool balls and these are the patterns I'm missing:
Continental (ultra ball) - Miria helped me with this one.
Tundra (great ball)
Elegant (luxury ball) - got this one
Sun (repeat ball)
Sandstorm (nest ball)
Monsoon (great ball)
River (dive ball) - MikeAU helped me with this one.
Archipelago (timer ball)
Ocean (great ball)

I have acess to Soul Silver and an extensive collection of Apricorn pokés and I'll gladly breed any 3 pokés found there (5IV in the matching ball of your choice) for each Vivillon. I can also breed some Dream ball HA pokés. Give me a shout if you can help. :)
New page bump.

I'm also looking for:
- Females Luxury ball Heatmor, Nest Ball Furfrou, Fast Ball Growlithe, HA Dive Ball Squirtle (thanks Kwisatz)
- Defog Drifloon (thanks @DiegFr12)
- Jaw Fossil, Sail Fossil and Relic Gold

PM/VM me if you can help.

EDIT:What would be a nice Hidden Power for a modest Blastoise? Electric, Ground?

Last edited:
Anyone got a levelball Sandshrew female...? I had one that was supposed to be a breeding project but he kinda disappeared with it. =P

I am new to all this, can someone link me like a competitive guide? I still haven't beaten AS, but I want to get a jump start on learning this stuff
Welcome to Smogon!
For general competitive sets and analyses your best bet is the smogdex.
To learn about general battling strategies here is the OU forum. OU is generally the easiest competitive scene to get into since there are SO many resources, just be sure to follow the rules of the forum.
For an in depth look at breeding this is probably as complete as you'll find. I know it says X/Y but the mechanics are all the same.
And this post and this post over in Orange Islands will help you figure out EV training.

I'm looking for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Female Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss with Hidden Abillity.

Or, any hex-flawless female Pokémon with Hidden Ability that has low base egg steps.

On second thought, I'm looking for someone with Togepi in their Friend Safari, or a female Togepi with hidden abillity (any nature).

Guys best egg moves for Murkrow HA?

1) Brave Bird
2) Feather Dance
3) Perish Song
4) Whirlwind/Psycho Shift/Mirror Move or Confuse Ray?

Game mechanic question: Can Cell Battery stack with Motor Drive? Idea being to get the boost off Cell Battery and Motor Drive when Electivire switches in on an Electric attack. It's an idea to take to the Battle Maison.

Game mechanic question: Can Cell Battery stack with Motor Drive? Idea being to get the boost off Cell Battery and Motor Drive when Electivire switches in on an Electric attack. It's an idea to take to the Battle Maison.
You actually have to be hit and take damage for the Cell Battery to activate. Motor Drive would absorb the attack without the Cell Battery activating.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
On second thought, I'm looking for someone with Togepi in their Friend Safari, or a female Togepi with hidden abillity (any nature).
Assuming this is for the Time Machine Method breeding, then (as mentioned here) you might be better off with hex 29. It lets you identify immediately when the randomly generated stat is 30 or 31, and you don't lose any information.

I'm trying to start breeding some competitive pokemon and am LF breedjects (5-6 iv preferred), mostly of OU/BL, and pokemon with HAs. Anything you offer I'll be interested in.

I have a few shinies I caught/hatched/RNGed in previous Gen games:
- Tyranitar, Adamant, 3 flawless IVs, EV Trained
- Salamence, Naughty, 1 flawless IV, EV Trained
- Luxray
- Machamp
- Scraggy
- Roserade

If you're interested let me know, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)