The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
You still don't get.

Not a single person here has attempted to justify the suspension. I'd wager that most of us, myself included don't think he should be suspended.

But guess what, we moved on from the whole scandal months ago, especially once it hit the courts. The constant need to bring it up over and over again is entirely unnecessary and isn't football related news anyone outside of Massachussets cares to see.
OK, i live in florida, i'm a jaguars fan, and don't want to see Blake Bortles suspended indefinitely because roger goodell doesn't like him. sorry.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK, i live in florida, i'm a jaguars fan, and don't want to see Blake Bortles suspended indefinitely because roger goodell doesn't like him. sorry.
If that happens I'll gladly riot with you because then there will be an obvious systemic pattern of power abuse in a measured situation.

As I betting man I'll be leaning on the odds that it won't.

talk to 49ers fans they still probably think it's just a nightmare.
But none of their players were the lynchpin of the defense. Johnson was an all-time once-in-a-lifetime talent. I'm not trying to denigrate the losses SF suffered, but their's was more a mass exodus than losing the second or third best player on the team.

DeflateGate isn't over until you stop bitching about it.
My eulogy is gonna be my son bitching about deflategate as I lie lifeless in my casket with a Tom Brady jersey on.
We all just need to put it behind us as we start 2016-17.
Since it directly effects the Superbowl favorites and caused the biggest storyline going into 2016-2017 I doubt it'll be put behind anyone, and when Tom Brady inevitability returns and smokes every team he plays en route to the playoffs/superbowl you can bet your ass people are going to be talking about the gigantic chip on his shoulder from deflategate.
You Pats fans should be grateful that your first 4 game stretch where Brady is suspended is really easy bar the opening Cardinals game. 3-1 in that stretch.
Thats like saying to someone that just got attacked by a shark "hey bro you're really lucky you only lost a leg," just blatantly ignoring how unlucky getting attacked in the first place is. And only the Patriots could have a 4 game stretch at the beginning of the season against 2 playoff teams and 2 division rivals without their best player and have it be considered "easy"

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
how do you know everybody is being led around by their phones trying to find random pokemon around the world? When this is a thing. Honestly pathetic how far this society has stooped down. I love pokemon but this is really appalling.
lol.

this is society stooping low?

this is appalling?

how about Pokemon Go getting regulated before assault rifles?

i think the game is dumb, but it's impossible to ignore the phenomenon, and any business that can pivot its popularity and ubiquity into gaining customers and profit absolutely should be doing so.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm aware, I'm not saying he's not guilty, just upset that these guys have such talent and then completely WASTE it because they can't put the stupid blunt down.
yeah i know right? like one time a guy on the pats ruined his career because he murdered someone and did a horrible job of hiding the body

but seriously like why do pro sports players make such stupid decisions when it has heavy repercussions on their careers? i mean i guess they make enough regardless but still

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah i know right? like one time a guy on the pats ruined his career because he murdered someone and did a horrible job of hiding the body

but seriously like why do pro sports players make such stupid decisions when it has heavy repercussions on their careers? i mean i guess they make enough regardless but still
It bugs me because Martavis Bryant hadn't even gotten his big payday yet, and afaik Bell hadn't either. They were both going to have huge contracts in another year, it's so bizarre

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow that sucks, I totally feel sorry that the Steelers are losing their best players
You really should feel sorry as playing your biggest rivals on essentially 1/3 strength gives you no sense of accomplishment if you win, and adds extra embarrassment if you lose.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
a win is a win a loss is a loss tbh

At least your team is getting hamstrung by legitimate stupidity of the people involved in that organization, rather than because your owner was smarter than everyone else and got retroactively punished by the other owners being jealous they didn't game the gray area of a non-rule to the same degree.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
a win is a win a loss is a loss tbh

At least your team is getting hamstrung by legitimate stupidity of the people involved in that organization, rather than because your owner was smarter than everyone else and got retroactively punished by the other owners being jealous they didn't game the gray area of a non-rule to the same degree.
Not arguing with you on this one as it's perfectly correct. I have no trouble admitting when my own team members are at fault and deserve their punishment, as I have no trouble admitting the Patriots did not

how do you know everybody is being led around by their phones trying to find random pokemon around the world? When this is a thing. Honestly pathetic how far this society has stooped down. I love pokemon but this is really appalling.
I dunno, if they held one at Cardinals stadium here in AZ I'd probably look at going to the hated place just because I don't see that mass love for Go out here; my friend from NY tweeted me pics the other night showing the crowds of players around Central Park, and to me it's like, why is that sorta vibe not here? Granted it's probably because it's fucking 110+ outside during the day, but the night usually shrinks down to the more bearable high 90s and an event at the stadium can just leave the roof on to cool it further.

Anyways back more on topic, I'm not looking forward to Mr. Kelly's Wild Ride for the Niners. Even if they magically string together a 10-6 season like in Kelly's first two years at Philly, that likely won't win the NFC West unless Palmer is taken out for the Cardinals and Seattle really regresses downwards, let alone even getting a playoff spot. And finishing that high would just hurt the draft position for a team with so many needs still, the Niners are still lacking in quality players across the field due to Baalke's general shitiness at drafting and that exodus of leaves and retirements last year. I think 1 good season might encourage them to break from the rebuild they're still clearly in to go for a win-now and lead to crappy signings in next year's free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)