Liepard [QC 1/2]

[OVERVIEW]
  • Nice prankster abusing with access to twave, swagger and encore
  • Ability to swagplay
  • Nice combo with disable gengar
  • Can spam dark void via prankster assist
  • Awful bulk of 64/50/50
  • Faces competition with thundurus and whimsicott as a prankster user, and the main reason to use him over those two is the access to fake out
  • Great support to special attackers thanks to fake tears
[SET]

Name: Prankster abuser
move 1: Fake out
move 2: Encore
move 3: Swagger / Fake Tears
move 4: Foul play / Thunder Wave / Taunt
item: Focus Sash
ability: Prankster
evs: 252 hp / 4 def / 252 speed

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• fake out to support mates via flinch
  • encore to lock opponents on protect or fake out
  • swagger to confuse opponents and force the coinflip
  • fake tears is used to help special attackers
  • foul play for swagplay
  • thunder wave for prankster speed control and parafusion
  • taunt to prevent being taunted by slower prankster abuser like bulky thundurus
Set Details
========

• focus sash to live at least one hit
  • only useful evs to liepard are 252 speed to outspeed bulky thundurus, 100 base megas like jolly kangha, and to hit as fast as possible with foul play. Max hp to maximize bulk

Usage Tips
========

• nearly always using fake out turn 1 to advantage mates and gain momentum
  • spam swagger hoping for a confusion, mainly on special attackers
  • try swagplay combo
  • encoring mega kangaskhan in fake out for free damage on him
  • In case of quick guard you should switch it out or go with protect
Team Options
========

• thundurus is a nice partner because of double prankster for parafusion

• mega gengar disable can abuse liepard's prankster encore forcing opponents to go with struggle

• pokemon that set up like belly drum azumarill, dragon dance salamence and substitute users like heatran and aegislash can enjoy fake out and parafusion

• powerful special attackers such as mega charizard y and LO thundurus are also great partners, because they both appreciate fake tears support to hit incredibly hard
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

• an unviabile but still used set is assist dark void with smeargle and focus punch lucario/kangha/medicham
  • Protect
  • Knock off to remove opponent's item like some pesky berries (Shucatran, sitrus)
  • Trick
Checks and Counters
===================

• quick guard is the main problem, and users like crobat, scrafty or terrakion might be annoying
  • faster prankster taunters like offensive thundurus and whimsicott
  • phisycal attackers, cause is not reccomended to use swagger on them, and the only way to stop them is twave
  • Double targetting, as they nullify the sash and are able to kill him in only one turn

Last edited:
I don't personally feel there's enough differentiation between the two sets to justify having them split. I'd just slash Fake Tears after Swagger, for example, and make a note about it and Special Attackers under Team Options for the first set.

Yeah, ik, i separated them for the different use, but that's ok, i'll remove it

Last edited:
hello, this looks quite good for a first attempt, but there are some things to fix.

-Overview
Be sure to ention that it faces competition from Thundurus as a Prankster user. Also mention that it faces competition from Whimsicott, and that the main thing it got which the other two don't have is access to Fake Out.

-Set Details
When talking about the EVs, I'd rather have it say something like "Max Speed to outspeed bulky Thundurus and outpace as much as possible when using Foul Play. The rest goes into HP to maximize bulk". The way it is written now sounds kind of awkward, and doesn't mention why you run 252 HP. And say that Focus Sash allows you to live a hit, not resist a hit.

-Usage Tips
Mention that Swagger should in most cases only be used on special attackers.

-Team Options
Remove the mention of Swords Dance setup and add a mention of Dragon Dance Mega Salamence. Also mention that Substitute users such as Heatran and Aegislash appreciate the free turns Liepard can create.

-Other Options
Add Protect, Knock Off, and Trick.

-Checks and Counters
I'd say remove the mention about Fake Out, since Liepard can just Fake Out slower Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan. Add physical attackers in general, since Liepard's only way of stopping them is Thunder Wave, which is not that common on Liepard to begin with. Also add double-targeting, since it kills Liepard even through Focus Sash in one round.

I'll stamp this qc 1/2 after you've made those changes

hello, this looks quite good for a first attempt, but there are some things to fix.

-Overview
Be sure to ention that it faces competition from Thundurus as a Prankster user. Also mention that it faces competition from Whimsicott, and that the main thing it got which the other two don't have is access to Fake Out.

-Set Details
When talking about the EVs, I'd rather have it say something like "Max Speed to outspeed bulky Thundurus and outpace as much as possible when using Foul Play. The rest goes into HP to maximize bulk". The way it is written now sounds kind of awkward, and doesn't mention why you run 252 HP. And say that Focus Sash allows you to live a hit, not resist a hit.

-Usage Tips
Mention that Swagger should in most cases only be used on special attackers.

-Team Options
Remove the mention of Swords Dance setup and add a mention of Dragon Dance Mega Salamence. Also mention that Substitute users such as Heatran and Aegislash appreciate the free turns Liepard can create.

-Other Options
Add Protect, Knock Off, and Trick.

-Checks and Counters
I'd say remove the mention about Fake Out, since Liepard can just Fake Out slower Fake Out users such as Kangaskhan. Add physical attackers in general, since Liepard's only way of stopping them is Thunder Wave, which is not that common on Liepard to begin with. Also add double-targeting, since it kills Liepard even through Focus Sash in one round.

I'll stamp this qc 1/2 after you've made those changes
Done!

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Is this ever going to get done it has been dead for months now lol. As I see you are still an active user I think this should be able to get finished. I would maybe Black Glasses in other options if your sash is taken by a pokemon like Breloom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)