Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I don't think Azelf is worth the cost rate, it's too much difficult for a decent ability but suffers from Mind Zap + Sleep from other Support / Mega ...

Next week :
  • Rhyperior (70BP Hyper Punch)
  • Palkia, Bellossom, Landorus-T repeat (PSB available)
  • M-Manectric competition (fast match), with prizes MSU/RML/Manectite, MSU/Manectite, DD/Manectite, DD/Atk+, Atk+)
  • Confirmed daily pokemon #2 (farfetch'd etc.)

Wow, repeating Landorus-T again already? Next week looks to be pretty quiet outside Rhyperior for those without repeat demand, since I doubt Palkia's gonna have much of a better drop rate than Dialga.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Already found pikachu twice, no sign of raichu *sigh*
Good thing that landorus is coming back so soon so I can finish the skill booster farming.

I easily finished the Safari in 25 hearts ... It seems that I got lucky this time !
Caught also Regi/Hoopa, and currently level 232 of EB Giratina

Beat level 200 and still have 70k. Debating if I should go up to 280... But I need to skill grind LandoT from 4 to 5 and get Bellossum to at least 3 and beat MMX...

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I just stopped at level 200. The RML aren't worth the extra grinding for me, besides I'm under 50k already, currently trying to level up some pokemon, mainly shiny gyarados and hoopa.

Well I'm level 290, and I managed to clear the stage with a probability of 75% ... I will do of course a full run for level 300 ... I want thoses RML :D

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
:/ Spent about 20 hearts on Safari now... All I have caught is Darumakka...

Also Regi's are too strong for me to take down and catch so I won't be able to get Regigigas either :( I Have the Gyaradosite, but no Gyarados too... So that was a pointless endeavor to get the stone when I don't have the base Pokemon :/

30% chance feels like 0% chance to be honest. Everytime I Have a catch rate that high, the ball just instantly opens. I feel like I need like 95% to actually catch anything at all.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:/ Spent about 20 hearts on Safari now... All I have caught is Darumakka...
Funny, Darumakka was the hardest for me to get... It was the last one I encountered and took me 4 encounters to catch it :'(
Also Regi's are too strong for me to take down and catch so I won't be able to get Regigigas either :( I Have the Gyaradosite, but no Gyarados too... So that was a pointless endeavor to get the stone when I don't have the base Pokemon :/
Try leaving your last slot empty on Regirock -- it makes it easier, or at least for me it did.

I don't think Azelf is worth the cost rate, it's too much difficult for a decent ability but suffers from Mind Zap + Sleep from other Support / Mega ...

Next week :
  • Rhyperior (70BP Hyper Punch)
Do you happen to know if Rhyperior is a Ground or Rock-type?

Anyway I gave up on Giratina after level 100. I've beaten Registeel and Regirock -- now I'm saving up coins so I can catch Regice so I can use it against Regigigas. Then if I can catch Hoopa I can finally resume the main stages!

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Funny, Darumakka was the hardest for me to get... It was the last one I encountered and took me 4 encounters to catch it :'(

Try leaving your last slot empty on Regirock -- it makes it easier, or at least for me it did.

Do you happen to know if Rhyperior is a Ground or Rock-type?

Anyway I gave up on Giratina after level 100. I've beaten Registeel and Regirock -- now I'm saving up coins so I can catch Regice so I can use it against Regigigas. Then if I can catch Hoopa I can finally resume the main stages!
Rhyperior will most likely be a ground type as both rhyhorn and rhydon are ground as well.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
The pastebin is finally up. The safari appearance rates are:

28.9%: StageDataEvent #47 (Electrike)
4.4%: StageDataEvent #48 (Manectric)
25.6%: StageDataEvent #49 (Darumaka)
8.9%: StageDataEvent #50 (Darmanitan)
23.3%: StageDataEvent #51 (Stantler)
5.6%: StageDataEvent #459 (Pikachu (Winking))
3.3%: StageDataEvent #460 (Raichu (Winking))

Also Azelf's HP got nerfed by 10,000 so if any of you were discouraged to farm it or catch it, then only having 17k to remove in a minute as opposed to 27k might entice you to reconsider?

Rhyperior is a Ground type (I've checked the pastebin ...) and he will be close to useless (there are so many good Ground types between Groudon, Garchomp, both Lando, Donphan and Phanpy=

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Rhyperior is a Ground type (I've checked the pastebin ...) and he will be close to useless (there are so many good Ground types between Groudon, Garchomp, both Lando, Donphan and Phanpy=
Isn't Hyper Punch pretty good though? Damage x3 is really nice, even though 10%/50%/50% activation isn't that good.

I guess this is coming from someone who doesn't have Groudon, Garchomp, Lando-I, or Ground Forces Donphan. I'll probably use Rhyperior as my third ground-type (after Po4+ phanpy and Lando-T) until I can get a skill swapper on donphan.

Isn't Hyper Punch pretty good though? Damage x3 is really nice, even though 10%/50%/50% activation isn't that good.

I guess this is coming from someone who doesn't have Groudon, Garchomp, Lando-I, or Ground Forces Donphan. I'll probably use Rhyperior as my third ground-type (after Po4+ phanpy and Lando-T) until I can get a skill swapper on donphan.
The low activation rate is its greatest downfall. Landorus can basically always proc Risk-Taker on a 4/5 match for better overall DPS, and Donphan's Ground Force makes it priority #1 for Ground spam teams, so ultimately Rhyperior isn't a strong option in end game

The low activation rate is its greatest downfall. Landorus can basically always proc Risk-Taker on a 4/5 match for better overall DPS, and Donphan's Ground Force makes it priority #1 for Ground spam teams, so ultimately Rhyperior isn't a strong option in end game
Why is everyone so hyped about Ground forces? It's basically identical to Pummel. And no one uses Pummel....

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Why is everyone so hyped about Ground forces? It's basically identical to Pummel. And no one uses Pummel....
Ground Forces + Levelled up Risk-Taker Landorus-T = Really high DPT. With Risk-Taker fully levelled (70 SP), Landorus-T is dealing effectively triple damage (1.2 × 2.5) while Ground Forces is active. And it is coming back next Tuesday.

Also add Opportunist RML'd Phanpy to the mix if you have a few Skill Boosters lying around. At Lv4 Opportunist (25 SP), Phanpy is dealing 2.4× DMG under Ground Forces (1.2 × (3 ÷ 1.5)). With Opportunist maxed out however (50 SP), it is dealing 4.08× DMG under Ground Forces (1.2 × (5.1 ÷ 1.5)). This is also literally the one reason you would not want to swap Phanpy's Opportunist to the otherwise superior Po4+.

GF teams are of course, reliant on it activating but when it does, a long combo is going to deal lots more DMG than you realise with Skill Booster investment.

And then there are timed stages...

But that's a bug isn't it ? You can't trigger really Ground Forces + Risk Taker in normal condition. Does it work on both 3DS & Mobile ?

I have questions about RML ...
I have MAX Suicune, Raikou, Groudon & Charizard ... Who should be next ? Phanpy ? Sableye ? Donphan ?

Just finished Mission Card #10. Only stage that gave any trouble was Gengar "Trigger Mega Absol 5 times". My strategy was to use Absol, Inkay (Mega Boost+), Lugia and Raikou to clear the disruptions without killing it to fast thanks to neutral damage.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
But that's a bug isn't it ? You can't trigger really Ground Forces + Risk Taker in normal condition. Does it work on both 3DS & Mobile ?
It's an exploit that works in both versions. All combo abilities "activate" abilities that get a DMG increase as their skill is levelled up if their skill is levelled up. It's been that way since Skill Boosters were first released.

We have news from Pokémon Fan (Japan) about future updates translated by Serebii:
- Next main stages are on the 26th, a group of 50 with Mega Tyranitar as the boss
- Hoopa-Unbound will be a (presumably) special stage on the 26th
- A check in promo starting the 26th will give a RML and a Skill Swapper
- Upcoming repeats: Zygarde10% on the 26th, Ash-Greninja on August 2, and Mew returns on August 9. These are all 2 week events.

Ground Forces + Levelled up Risk-Taker Landorus-T = Really high DPT. With Risk-Taker fully levelled (70 SP), Landorus-T is dealing effectively triple damage (1.2 × 2.5) while Ground Forces is active. And it is coming back next Tuesday.

Also add Opportunist RML'd Phanpy to the mix if you have a few Skill Boosters lying around. At Lv4 Opportunist (25 SP), Phanpy is dealing 2.4× DMG under Ground Forces (1.2 × (3 ÷ 1.5)). With Opportunist maxed out however (50 SP), it is dealing 4.08× DMG under Ground Forces (1.2 × (5.1 ÷ 1.5)). This is also literally the one reason you would not want to swap Phanpy's Opportunist to the otherwise superior Po4+.

GF teams are of course, reliant on it activating but when it does, a long combo is going to deal lots more DMG than you realise with Skill Booster investment.

And then there are timed stages...
Wait, let me get this straight, if I activate Ground forces(that has been skill boosted), then any Pokémon in the combo that has a damage boosting ability will activate their ability while in the combo?! That's Bullshit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)