Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a whole ton of Pokemon so far past niche gimmicks tbh. Maybe it's just by design or I was so disappointed by Pangoro and Parting Shot as well as Furfrou that that's all I expect. I'm a little hoping the abilities will not be exclusive but they really do sound Pokemon exclusive minus Dazzled. (And dazzled is the one ability that I WANT to be exclusive because it sounds absolutely busted besides Bruxish acting as a Talonflame stop)

Can Salamanders repair detached limbs? Because if so I can see the Salandit evolution be good because it gets recover, otherwise I'm pretty sure it'll be shafted by Heatran past the gimmick.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Probably just to recap Mimikkyu and Kiteruguma.
But I'd imagine the official website uploading info about Mimikkyu and Kiteruguma after Pokenchi.
Then we'd know more about the abilities and the English names.

"The first strategy guides for Pokémon Sun & Moon have been announced for Japan by Overlap. There are two guides, one is the special Story Guide which will guide you through the game while the other is the Full Alola Pokédex, both retailing for 1400¥ each. However, there is a double pack which comes with both strategy guides for 2700¥. This is noteworthy because it comes with multiple benefits. First it comes with a B3 Alola Region Map Poster, an eBook coupon to allow for you to get the digital version of the guide, and even more noteworthy, is a special Serial Code for Pokémon Sun & Moon. This Serial Code will give you access to a special new item for Pokémon Sun & Moon."
~Serebii

Have we seen a screenshot from the summary page so far to know whether 7th gen mons have a pentagon or something of the sort?

Looking at the info on Serebii, it seems that all of the Pokémon from Alola have been finalized at this point, but us fans will know very little until November. It seems that they finish development about three to six months before release, judging from the announcement of a guide.

Cresselia~~

Looking at the info on Serebii, it seems that all of the Pokémon from Alola have been finalized at this point, but us fans will know very little until November. It seems that they finish development about three to six months before release, judging from the announcement of a guide.
The guide book will have around 600 pages for Pokemon species.
That means not every Pokemon would have 1 page.

I don't think it's ever been like that though has it? Usually there's two per page aren't there? I haven't bought the guide books in a long time, but that's what my most recent one was like.

I don't think it's ever been like that though has it? Usually there's two per page aren't there? I haven't bought the guide books in a long time, but that's what my most recent one was like.
My post-game guidebook for XY had one page for each Pokemon, so maybe for Sun and Moon some special ones have two.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is this for both guides combined? Or does one book have 600 pages for Pokemon?

Eitherway honestly for the older gen Pokemon you could squeeze multiple on one page I think. Let's look at the info they'll probably provide:

Name, Dex Number, Category/Species, Height, Weight, Type, Abilities, Gender Ratio, Catch Rate, Egg Group, Hatch Time, EV Yield, Body Style, Footprint, Color & Base Friendship can easily be fit on a few lines no problem.
Image of the Pokemon, Base Stats, Level-Up Movepool, Egg Moves, & Tutor Moves would probably take up their own box space. TM Moves depends if they print out the move's name or just list their numbers (having a TM list somewhere else; the latter might be the best choice).
Then we have Dex entries and location which is just a few lines.

Give me a good editing program and I could probably fit 3 on a page.

If each Pokémon gets one page of the six-hundred mentioned above, does that mean they're only covering Alola's regional Pokédex?

If each Pokémon gets one page of the six-hundred mentioned above, does that mean they're only covering Alola's regional Pokédex?
I don't think it's likely that the regional dex would contain (numerically) 6/7 of all currently known Pokemon. Usually dexes are around or below 200 mons - although I don't recall what XY's looked like.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Which is why I asked if the 600 pages thing was for one book or combined. If it was for one book (or each) then I'd say that might be for the National Dex one, for th book about the region itself I would actually list the Regional Dex stuff as soon as the Pokemon becomes available (or put it in the back of the book). thus splitting the amount of Pokemon between the two books. But still, as I said, if the 600 pages is a combined estimate than it's easy enough to put multiple Pokemon on one page (this is also assuming they give the new Pokemon a page or two to themselves).

Cresselia~~

Is this for both guides combined? Or does one book have 600 pages for Pokemon?

Eitherway honestly for the older gen Pokemon you could squeeze multiple on one page I think. Let's look at the info they'll probably provide:

Name, Dex Number, Category/Species, Height, Weight, Type, Abilities, Gender Ratio, Catch Rate, Egg Group, Hatch Time, EV Yield, Body Style, Footprint, Color & Base Friendship can easily be fit on a few lines no problem.
Image of the Pokemon, Base Stats, Level-Up Movepool, Egg Moves, & Tutor Moves would probably take up their own box space. TM Moves depends if they print out the move's name or just list their numbers (having a TM list somewhere else; the latter might be the best choice).
Then we have Dex entries and location which is just a few lines.

Give me a good editing program and I could probably fit 3 on a page.
According to Pkmn Matome (Japanese site)
http://pk-mn.com/n/pokemon-sun-moon-kouryaku-book/

First book is Around 700 pages, includes story and guides, A5 size
Second book is around 640, which will be the Alola Pokedex.
Then there's a B3 sized map, serial code for special item, etc.

It seems that there will be a box for containing these 3 things.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
According to Pkmn Matome (Japanese site)
http://pk-mn.com/n/pokemon-sun-moon-kouryaku-book/

First book is Around 700 pages, includes story and guides, A5 size
Second book is around 640, which will be the Alola Pokedex.
Then there's a B3 sized map, serial code for special item, etc.

It seems that there will be a box for containing these 3 things.
So wait, there's no book for the National Dex? Well I guess that solves the problem of needing to list all the Pokemon, though how much does the Alola region have that the first book can have 700 pages worth of story guide?

B3, that's 29.7cm/11.7 inches by 42cm/16.5 inches, that's not that big of a map poster, especially for a region map.

New item, as Kurona said, is most likely a battle item you'll later get from the post game Battle Facility. Personally I would have given a code for "trainer essentials" like a Amulet Coin, Lucky Egg, Smoke Ball, and one of each of the type enhancing items (items which you should honestly get early game though have no real metagame use).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)