Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looking at the info on Serebii, it seems that all of the Pokémon from Alola have been finalized at this point, but us fans will know very little until November.
I'm pretty sure the Pokémon were finalized months ago, likely even before the announcement that the games existed. You have to draw the concept art and complete the designs before you can model, after all.

Have we seen a screenshot from the summary page so far to know whether 7th gen mons have a pentagon or something of the sort? Does this tell us something about compatibility with previous gens?

Okay, but why exactly is it that we still don't have a clue about what the new abilities do, a new trailer hasn't been uploaded to Youtube showing off the new Pokemon and subsequently the official site hasn't been updated with the new Pokemon?

I wasn't even thinking about them at all until a while ago today, but now that I remembered I'm so annoyed by this. Fix it!

From Serebii:-

"As the QR Codes are now being distributed for the distribution of Magearna in Sun & Moon in Japan (through the new movie, Volcanion & The Ingenious Magearna), we now have a bit more insight into how the QR Codes work following from the confirmation that it is region locked. All players in Japan are receiving the same QR Code for their Magearna which means that everyone with a Japanese Sun & Moon game will be able to scan the code and redeem Magearna, acting akin to the shared Serial Codes that are released rather than the unique ones. It's currently unclear if all QR Code events will be like this across the globe "

So the codes aren't exclusive to one person... just exclusive to everyone on Japan and can be easily found on the internet but you can't use it unless you're Japanese.
This is a whole new friggin' level of Japan hoarding all the events what the hell

Not only is Japan hoarding the earlier events, but they get the cool methods to use them. Watch as the western world just gets Magearna handed to us, albeit half a year later.

It already aired and there was nothing new.
Lame.

From Serebii:-

"As the QR Codes are now being distributed for the distribution of Magearna in Sun & Moon in Japan (through the new movie, Volcanion & The Ingenious Magearna), we now have a bit more insight into how the QR Codes work following from the confirmation that it is region locked. All players in Japan are receiving the same QR Code for their Magearna which means that everyone with a Japanese Sun & Moon game will be able to scan the code and redeem Magearna, acting akin to the shared Serial Codes that are released rather than the unique ones. It's currently unclear if all QR Code events will be like this across the globe "

So the codes aren't exclusive to one person... just exclusive to everyone on Japan and can be easily found on the internet but you can't use it unless you're Japanese.
This is a whole new friggin' level of Japan hoarding all the events what the hell
Well as bad as it is Japan is where Pokemon comes from so it does make sense to distribute stuff to Japan first. Also Region Lock sucks

Is there even anything new in-game related? Competitive is all I care about but even information such as when you get the bracelet is cool.

No, it just means that when they do the American release (and every other country), then you can get it from a generic QR code as well, even if you don't attend any events. It works out the exact same way in the end as when they do Wifi Mystery Gifts, which are also separated by country but available to all people in the country.

I haven't been able to find this and I'm really curious to know people's opinion on the subject, so I'll ask again. Thanks for any input.

Have we seen a screenshot from the summary page so far to know whether 7th gen mons have a pentagon or something of the sort? Does this tell us something about compatibility with previous gens?

When we see gameplay footage featuring a fairy type, I'd just want to remind all to pay attention to any changes. It wouldn't surprise me to see a fairy nerf given just how strong the type is (honestly imagine Psychic but stronger defensively) and they nerfed steel and I wouldn't be surprised if fairy gets resisted by more types since Hyper Voice is really damn spammable in VGC. (At least I think it is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)